PDA

View Full Version : Car painters,restorer's?

Jrocket
10-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Im in need of a quality shop or guy who does paint and body work.It would be nice if he has done some restore jobs or customs.Im wanting the body and paint work done on my 67 Nova SS.The 67 has a real hard body line to work with,so I would like to find somebody that has done one of these cars before.If not atleast a person I can trust or communicate with.Ive taken it to a couple of shops and havent felt good enough to drop it off.If anybody knows a place in the Inland empire or Orange Co. areas,I would like to know.I cant say price wont be an issue,because it will be some what.The quality of work is what Im worried about.Then Ill deal with the price.id be happy to pay a guy what he wants if the work is what Im looking for. John :)

ROZ
10-15-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't know if your willing to drive to Escondido, but there is a "HotRod Shop" in the Escondido autopark. They do full resto and custom work. I've see the work and it's stellar. I had a buddy who went all shaved, smoothed, and frenched on his bug, and it turned out bitchen. They also did a 5 window coupe for my friend's pops a while back that was also a show winner.It's real close to my house, and I wouldn't mind driving by to get the number for you if you like...I like looking at the cars anyway :D

Kwicherbichen
10-15-2002, 11:24 PM
"Santini's Paint Werks" in Westminster. Much of Pete Santini's work has been seen in car magazines for 20 years.
His shop is on Westminster Blvd in Westminster, Ca (Orange County). Sorry I don't have the number handy.

Old Charger
10-16-2002, 06:09 AM
Call up Customs & Classics in N. Long Beach. (562)602-2937, talk to Mike. Excellent work and attention to detail. The only problem would be turn around time. He's got 5 cars in there now but is very much worth the wait.
Give him a call, if anything he'll be able to spit out some useful info for ya. I know he even owned a '67 Nova before himself.
Body work and custom fabricating are his specialty. He doesnt do paint, but can get you hooked up with some really good painters. Also, drop by the shop if you can and check out the '51 Chevy thats almost done. It'll help you make up your mind for sure! :D

Old Charger
10-16-2002, 07:05 AM
Also a fellow dirt biker and former MB downhill racer if that helps! wink

HavasuDreamin'
10-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Cypress Auto Body is another high end, custom shop that mostly caters to show cars and street rods. There work is absolutely flawless, but you pay for it. I have seen several cars that have been done by them, a few of which have won awards. Good Luck!
PS........Back To Havasu owns the '67 Nova SS that is on the Cover of Classic Industries Nova parts catalog. He is into the show car scene in OC and could also point out a few more places to go that might not be as much $$$$ as Santini or Cypress Auto Body, yet do quality work.

Back To Havasu
10-16-2002, 08:47 AM
Thanks HavasuDreamin'...yes I own a 67 Nova SS that won at the Orange County Cruisers Labor Day Show, has been on magazine covers, etc.,etc. The best bang for your buck in the resto areana is a place called the Body Palace in Huntington Beach area on Gothard St. Also, check out Paint N Place in Placentia. I agree with HavasuDreamin'...if price is no object, Tom, the owner of Cypress Auto Body is the best. Contact me anytime if I can be of any help...I have been down the resto road you are going. Take care.

BBTAHITI
10-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Jrocket,
The shop that does my Mustangs is Auto Perfections in La Habra @ 562-694-3204. Talk to Loy, he does projects with Boyd, Corvette mags, etc. This is just my STREET car.He can even make Novas look good! :D j/k
http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbbstang/390-2.jpg

Jrocket
10-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the replys.
Old Charger...I called and talked to Mike today.He's one really nice guy to deal with.He set me up with a guy that is going to do the media blasting.Then Im going to take the car down to Mike and see what he has to say.Thanks again.
I didnt get a chance to call anyone else today.Tomorrow Ill get some time to call hopefully.
Back to Havasu,who did the paint on your car?Im going to call the places you gave me as soon as I can.BTW,you've got one clean car from the pics that I have seen!!!!
Thanks again,John :)

OC-PARTYCAT
10-17-2002, 11:52 AM
If you want the best call Al Martinez period...

Back To Havasu
10-18-2002, 09:54 AM
My car was painted by a guy in the San Fernando Valley who has retired...Good luck.

WETDAWG
10-18-2002, 12:16 PM
BB Tahiti,
What kind of brush did that guy use?
Oh yeah....It's a Mustang!!!
Thinking about AVI with kids on 11/15
what do you think?
WD

novaguy
10-20-2002, 01:49 PM
JROCKET, check your e-mail

Jrocket
10-20-2002, 04:18 PM
novaguy:
JROCKET, check your e-mailI got it and thanks......John :)

78DiMarco
10-22-2002, 03:28 PM
I have a big block 67 El Camino that I had painted by Mark Selkirk at The Custom Shop (818-340-0696)in Canoga Park. I used Kustom Kolors candy paint. He laid out the flames and then we did a custom ghost flames over the hood and front fenders. We totally dismantled the car and he also repainted the dash and all the jams. This was in 1996 and it still looks great. He has a 41 Willy's that is real nice. He and his partner do all kinds of stuff and many show cars. Not too bad on price either.