PDA

View Full Version : Let's see the local bar

68campbell
04-17-2003, 03:27 PM
had to post this, we just bought the place...It was cheaper!
http://www.mavericksaloon.org/maverick.jpg
Miller19j know the place.

wsuwrhr
04-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Cool Cambell,
I can't wait to straggle in...I'm not sure a bar would be a good investment for me.
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
How about an address and how we get there?
geez
Brian

miller19j
04-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Yep I have been there once or twice. :)
Does this mean that all my friends that have been banned can come back? wink
Are you there right now? Maybe I will walk down for a Beer

68campbell
04-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Brad,
David Ball(Riding w/ Private Malone) is playing tonite, I'll be there in about 20min. 5pm
Its in Santa Ynez

miller19j
04-17-2003, 03:35 PM
68campbell:
Brad,
David Ball(Riding w/ Private Malone) is playing tonite, I'll be there in about 20min. 5pm
Its in Santa Ynez Then its going to be a little to crowded for me. I will come back when all the Yuppies are gone wink

68campbell
04-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Smart Man,
I gotta be there
P.S. we have a mechanical bull this weekend.
Maverick Saloon (http://www.mavericksaloon.org)

miller19j
04-17-2003, 03:42 PM
68campbell:
P.S. we have a mechanical bull this weekend.
You are not going to wrangle me in with that one! I am not a young and stupid as I once was. :D

wsuwrhr
04-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Cool, when we come up to Pismo, we'll be there.
Brian

miller19j
04-17-2003, 03:52 PM
wsuwrhr:
Cool, when we come up to Pismo, we'll be there.
Brian Bring a buck with you name on it so you can stick it on the ceiling. Unless Todd put them all in his pocket when he bought the place. :D

HCS
04-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Right on! I like it!!! :D

Jungle Boy
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Cool looking place. Where is it located? Near water?

396_Z
04-17-2003, 05:45 PM
68campbell:
Miller19j know the place. I know that place well. I used to go there when I lived in that area. Many fond memories of the mammeries there too.
Not bad owning a place that has a song written about it. I still remember seeing Zaca Creek perform it in person.... ok, now I feel old....

68campbell
04-18-2003, 06:49 AM
The bar is 47min from Lopez Lake, 2hrs from Nacimento and 2hrs 35min from Lake San Antonio. Oh yeah, and 25 min from Lake Cachuma

miller19j
04-18-2003, 06:58 AM
396_Z:
I know that place well. I used to go there when I lived in that area. Many fond memories of the mammeries there too.
Not bad owning a place that has a song written about it. I still remember seeing Zaca Creek perform it in person.... ok, now I feel old.... Wait a second I remember that! I even have the tape. Does that make me old? eek! wink
When did you live down here?

boat030
04-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Hey that's not to far from here I'm going to have to check that out!! Just what i need another bar to go to.

396_Z
04-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Miller, I was born and raised in Santa Maria. I got smart and moved up here in December of 97 when I was 24. If your familliar with the school system in SM chances are you know at least one of the members of my family.
I still go down there once a year to visit and catch up with old friends, next time I might have to stop in at the Mavrick for a beer. On the house of course. :D

68campbell
04-18-2003, 03:35 PM
we'll be waiting

old rigger
04-18-2003, 05:10 PM
68 Howard,
that place looks very nice.
My mom and her husband are in the process and are just about done building a new home in Arroyo Grande, which I think is pretty close to Lopez. I don't know that area very well yet but it's sure nice up there. I wish we'd moved up in that area to raise our kids. Now it's too late, they're in High School.
I see that you have a Patterson too. Is that an all glass boat? or does it has a wood deck on it. At the races last summer here at the marine stadium, there were 2 all glass pattersons there and they were very nice. One of them, a blue one, was still the original gel. Super clean boat. I missed most of the races drooling over the boats in the boat show.
I know it's a long shot, but do you know a guy that lives in Santa Ynez by the name of Jim Talmadge?
[ April 18, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

396_Z
04-18-2003, 07:00 PM
old rigger:
I know it's a long shot, but do you know a guy that lives in Santa Ynez by the name of Jim Talmadge? Dam, that name rings a bell with me. I think my mom knows someone in the area with the same last name if it's not him.

396_Z
04-18-2003, 07:05 PM
OH, and Arroyo Grande is about 12 miles from Lopez.
Don't waste your time there. Drive another hour and go to Nacimento. After I'm done with the restoration on my flat I'm going to drag it down with me if I can get time off during the boating season and con my uncle into letting me stay at his cabin there.

miller19j
04-18-2003, 08:01 PM
396_Z:
Miller, I was born and raised in Santa Maria. I got smart and moved up here in December of 97 when I was 24. If your familliar with the school system in SM chances are you know at least one of the members of my family.
I still go down there once a year to visit and catch up with old friends, next time I might have to stop in at the Mavrick for a beer. On the house of course. :D Are you a Menitti or Ragetti? Not sure if I spelled either of those right. You are about the same age as me I went to SY high.

miller19j
04-18-2003, 08:03 PM
old rigger:
I wish we'd moved up in that area to raise our kids. Now it's too late, they're in High School.
That is exactly what my parents did. They moved up here when I was 14. I hated them for it then. But now I am more grateful than you can imagine!
PS Its never to late.

396_Z
04-18-2003, 08:48 PM
LMAO, Manettie, Marittie, Righettie...
Nope, I'm not family to the old town portugese mafia. I know a few of them though.
If you want to get into family's there is always Texeria, Donovan, Mussell, Furakowa... I went to school with all of those. In fact I my ex wife was married into the Giorgi's before me. That family owns The Alisal, must be nice to have 12,000 acres and the income to pay for it all.

miller19j
04-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Wow you are old time Santa Maria.
I knew a Texeria when I was in high school. I don’t remember his first name. He use to show Steers. As a matter of fact I think that he had the grand champion at the SM fair one year.
Are you related to Danny Donovan

396_Z
04-19-2003, 11:34 AM
That had to have been Steve Texeira (or however it's spelled) I went to school with Christy his sister. An no, I'm not related to Dan Donovan. I went to school with him in jr high and I had both him and his brother Mike in a few of my high school classes.
Here's one that'll suprise you since you seem to be familliar with SMHS. I'm sure you know Coach Bell right? That would be my uncle who has the cabin at Nac.

MJ19
04-20-2003, 08:17 AM
396_Z:
That had to have been Steve Texeira (or however it's spelled) I went to school with Christy his sister. An no, I'm not related to Dan Donovan. I went to school with him in jr high and I had both him and his brother Mike in a few of my high school classes.
Here's one that'll suprise you since you seem to be familliar with SMHS. I'm sure you know Coach Bell right? That would be my uncle who has the cabin at Nac. Can I jump into the family reunion? :confused: I'm familiar with the area as well :p I have been here longer then both 68 & miller...in fact, the SM Elks lodge is graced with my portrait due to some sort of Rodeo Queen Contest way back when. wink
By the way 68campbell...I have one particularly fond memory of your bar...it involved a man saying something 'rude' to me...and Miller jumped in with some...well upset actions and at the end of the night the whole freak'n bar was behind Miller and that poor little boy who didn't know how to be respectful of ladies was on the other side with his 'chaperon' after he landed kind of hard on the hood of someone’s car, he was running for cover. :rolleyes:
I believe that's the same night I had a blast driving your bros truck with his drunk a*s in the back...quick stops, quick accelerations and lots of drunk Trav rolling around in the bed of the truck. :D I hope he's forgiven me for that...I couldn't help it...his breaks and gas pedal were too tricky (evil grin) :p :D

MJ19
05-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Wow...I'd take that as a NO! eek! :D

396_Z
05-01-2003, 08:08 PM
LOL, jump in all you like.

MJ19
05-02-2003, 04:42 AM
396_Z:
LOL, jump in all you like. It appears I sort of killed the thread with that request eek! so I'll let you and Miller get back to your happy memories without me :p wink :D

68campbell
05-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Old Rigger,
The Patterson has the original Elm deck. It need to be put back together, the boat was disassembled and re-gel coated about 15 years ago and then just left in a garage. Now it waits for me to get some time and money

Ziggy
05-02-2003, 11:10 AM
396_Z:
I still go down there once a year to visit and catch up with old friends, next time I might have to stop in at the Mavrick for a beer. On the house of course. :D I've got an Ex thats in SM...her family(the Williams) deeply rooted for generations there....they are all nice but the Ex can go f*%@ .......I better leave that one alone. burningm

miller19j
05-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Ziggy:
396_Z:
I still go down there once a year to visit and catch up with old friends, next time I might have to stop in at the Mavrick for a beer. On the house of course. :D I've got an Ex thats in SM...her family(the Williams) deeply rooted for generations there....they are all nice but the Ex can go f*%@ .......I better leave that one alone. burningm SM Williams or SYV Williams? As in Williams Ranch?

396_Z
05-02-2003, 02:35 PM
I was thinking either the grocery store brothers or Williams feed lot....
[ May 02, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: 396_Z ]