PDA

View Full Version : Instructions please!

Rexone
10-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Ok, so IÂ’m wheelin my trash out to the street (we recently got the new automated pickup trash containers) and I notice these instructions on the lid...
“To move cart”
1. Grasp Handles
2. Tilt Cart back
3. Push or Pull cart
Now IÂ’m trying desperately to picture in my mind some moron who would actually need these instructions to not f&#k this cart moving process up...I mean this IS a pretty complex operation here IÂ’m talkin about... IÂ’m picturing this guy dragging the cart, wheels up in the air, on itÂ’s side, trash spillin out all over, out to the street cause he couldnÂ’t figure out how to wheel the friggin cart on itÂ’s wheels and IÂ’m LMAO to myself... :D
Am I the only one that thinks instructions on products have gone way overboard? ItÂ’s sad to think that thereÂ’s actually even one idiot out there somewhere that would actually need these instructions to move that friggin cart to the street! By putting this kind of crap on basic products are we setting up the next generations of consumers to just leave their brain at home when they go out in the morning? ItÂ’s actually kind of scary. I see this kind of basic common sense crap printed lots of places on different products.
Your thoughts....? :confused:

sandblasted
10-11-2002, 06:10 PM
People voted for Clinton...Twice...Yeah, there are some pretty stupid people in America..
[ October 11, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

RH
10-11-2002, 06:24 PM
I can't believe its in english only ! RH
[ October 11, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: RH ]

DaveA
10-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Rexone sez, and I quote-
"Am I the only one that thinks instructions on products have gone way overboard? It’s sad to think that there’s actually even one idiot out there somewhere that would actually need these instructions to move that friggin cart to the street! By putting this kind of crap on basic products are we setting up the next generations of consumers to just leave their brain at home when they go out in the morning? It’s actually kind of scary. I see this kind of basic common sense crap printed lots of places on different products. "
I then reply thusly:
When Winnebago had to rewrite their owners manuals to remind drivers that they couldn't vacate the motorhome's drivers' seat while underway (to fix a cup of coffee or go pottie etc)
then I began to realize that the same type of guy that did just that would probably have a tough time getting the can to the street, too.
This supposedly did happen, therefore there is ONE moron out there for sure!
DaveA

locogringo
10-11-2002, 08:21 PM
all I can say reply-wise is http://www.lamer.net/dick.gif

DEL51
10-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Liars, oops,I meant lawyers are responsible. There are more lawyers in Cal than the all of europe.Some lawyer is suing the fast food hamburger chains cause the food makes people too fat and the poor dolts can't help themselves. They think it is their civil duty, an obligation, to protect the unsuspecting public.Much of this crap is due to frivilous law suits. I had an addition to my owners manual on my truck stating some very obvious warnings. It will get worse without tort reform. Kind of like the HTM incedent where someone is suing the local gov't fo what happened.

Rexone
10-11-2002, 09:53 PM
I agree, (don't get me started on liars..oops (lawyers)...or our legal system for that matter... just all seems a little ridiculous. Wonder how people got along 200 years ago without written instructions on how to pull a wagon over the rockies? Pretty soon we'll be seeing instructions on toilet paper on how to properly wipe our asses, and how excessive use can cause "rawbutt" and a 1800wipeass number to call and complain to some new government agency that's been allocated 50 mil to study the effects of toilet paper on the butt... :D
[ October 12, 2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

beyondhelpin
10-11-2002, 10:26 PM
DANGER
To avoid serious injury do not place hands or feet near the mower blades.

JustMVG
10-12-2002, 01:32 AM
One of my favorites is the warning on the plastic wrap for dry cleaning etc.. "This is not to be used as a toy", and my one to three yr old is going to read this and stop what ever it was they were going to do with the plastic wrap!!
Or Bicycle and atv motorcycle warnings of putting your hands or feet in on or near moving wheels and chains may cause serious injury or possible death.
Give me a break.... amazing, although some of the best warning and instruction manuals are the ones that are translated to english from chinese or Japanese all of it done phonetically, hilarious.
Just my .02
See you all Mike VG

Blown Olds
10-12-2002, 07:07 AM
REXONE YOUR A THINKER. I BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR RESPONSES. MAN YOU HAVE ALOT OF KNOWLEGE ON BOAT STUFF. THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ANSWERS. :)

mike37
10-12-2002, 07:54 AM
sandblasted
People voted for Clinton...Twice...Yeah, there are some pretty stupid people in America.. look at allthe people that voted for (Ale Gore)
holy sh....t

HOSS
10-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Rexone, you`ve obviously not been in the military!
Gotta love those bench racing fags!

mike37
10-12-2002, 07:57 AM
got this in an email
THINK ABOUT IT!!!
Looking back, it's hard to believe that we have lived as long as we have:
As children we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special
treat.
Our baby cribs were painted with bright colored lead based paint.
We often chewed on the crib, ingesting the paint.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when
we rode our bikes we had no helmets.
We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.
We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down
the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the
bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem.
We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were
back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. We played dodge all and sometimes the
ball would really hurt.
We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda, but we were never
over weight; we were always outside playing.
Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team.
Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.
Some students weren't as smart as others so they failed a grade and were
held back to repeat the same grade.
That generation produced some of the greatest risk-takers and problem
solvers.
We had the freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how
to deal with it all.
THINK ABOUT IT!!! >>

73kona455
10-12-2002, 10:33 AM
how about all the stick people they use on the warning labels?.. now when was the last time u seen a stick person?.. looks like they have all been killed off by their stupidity.... shows that survival of the fitest works......lol

Rexone
10-12-2002, 02:23 PM
posted October 12, 2002 08:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REXONE YOUR A THINKER. I BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR RESPONSES. MAN YOU HAVE ALOT OF KNOWLEGE ON BOAT STUFF. THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ANSWERS. Thanks for the compliment Olds. In reality after 30 years in this business you just absorb alot of stuff I guess. There is a wealth of high performance boat knowledge lurking on this board and many individuals with extensive knowledge in certain areas way beyond my own. I'm glad to help out where I can and assist people with problems that are new to them but are things we've dealt with for decades in some cases.

TOBTEK
10-12-2002, 02:33 PM
BEST INSTRUCTION LABEL EVER...... on a wet-nap, you know the little ones you get for free at gas pump and fast food joints.....
1."open package" 2."unfold" 3."use"
HMMMMMMMM, kinda scary someone felt we needed instuctions for that! This is for real, check it out next time you get one.

Sun burners
10-12-2002, 06:32 PM
My buddy got his "ASS KICKED" by the trash can a couple years back!!!

ROZ
10-12-2002, 06:49 PM
My favorite is:
Poison ....Harmful when swallowed :rolleyes:

CrazyHippy
10-12-2002, 08:55 PM
DEL51:
Liars, oops,I meant lawyers are responsible. There are more lawyers in Cal than the all of europe.Some lawyer is suing the fast food hamburger chains cause the food makes people too fat and the poor dolts can't help themselves. They think it is their civil duty, an obligation, to protect the unsuspecting public.Wonder if i could sue playboy for my Carpal Tunnel?? :rolleyes:
BJH :p

dossangers
10-13-2002, 05:40 PM
this generation has no commen sense. simple thought process instead everything in life needs instuctions its the media thank ted turner 24 hr news.

Nstigator74
10-13-2002, 06:21 PM
A friend of mine made some fun of all these warning stickers by sticking one on the dash of his D8 CAT stating "DO NOT JUMP,WHEELIE,OR PERFORM OTHER STUNTS" eek!

Livin Large 27Hallett
10-14-2002, 11:46 AM
The one that I like is when you head down the 5 towards San Diego and you see the signs in the middle showing a family and child running on the warning signs. For the non-speaking English, they probably think they should be running across the freeway instead of trying to make their way over the border.

Jordy
10-14-2002, 11:51 AM
I always love the warning stickers on the heavy equipment. By far my favorite stickers are on the rotomills, the big machines that grind up the pavement and load it into trucks so that new road can be put down. The grinding is accomplished via a 6' diameter by 8' wide drum with hundreds of carbide teeth on it that chew up the pavement. Stickers all around this large toothy rotating drum warn that contact with the drum could cause injury or death... who would have guessed? Just know that anytime there is a warning sticker it is because some idiot wasn't smart enough to know better, ended up getting hurt, sued and won. Here, hold my sign, I don't wanna lose it... :D
Jordy :D