PDA

View Full Version : Brickyard 400...

burbanite
07-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Anyone coming?

hottrodder
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
I was in IN on business this time last year. Staying in Terre Haute, working at the base in Newport. A guy at the base had 2 extra tix he was selling. I gave him something like $250 for them. On the approach to turn 3. My first real life NASCAR race. Toured the muesum too. Some of the stuff in there is just wild and some of is legendary. The guy I went to the race with said they have a where you can buy a seat on a bus and drive around the track. Somehow that doesn't seem appropriate. Sadly that project is about wrapped up for design and going online. A few pics from last year...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/938-15rear-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9320-31front-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9397wrecker-med.jpg

burbanite
07-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Sounds like you had a good time.
I'm not going myself although my girlfriend and I will be at the Sprint Car race on Thursday night, part of a big race weekend here in Indy.
I wanted to remind anyone that may be coming to give me a call/email as it may be possible to show some people around the shop.
(317) 513 4862 is my cell number.
Steve.

playdeep
07-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Burbanite,
Got a question for you...
Have you had the chance to watch J.J. Yeley race yet?.If so what is your opinion?
With the success that Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon,Ryan Newman have had,after running USAC sprints,midgets and Silver crown cars why has no one picked him up yet?
IRP,Salem,Terre Haute,Manzanita the kid dominates.
With Winston cup owners looking to USAC for the next young phenom it amazes me that no one has signed him yet...

07-28-2003, 07:32 PM
only a matter of time he will start with the
trucks unless he decides to go to the open
wheel slowing defunk cart and irl is ok but
the money is in nascar

Windy
07-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Someday I will make it to Indy.

ROZ
07-28-2003, 10:50 PM
MissHBjet:
Someday I will make it to Indy. It's a must, but go there for the Indy500....The place rocks! :cool:
Unfortunately my wife, daughter, and I couldn't make it, but my inlaws had a blast, as usual :( :D
WE'll be there next year!
Burb, say you guys on the tube sunday....looked good, but how did you guys place? I had to do some work in the sauna,errrr attic and missed the last 20 min or so......
Chris

Jungle Boy
07-29-2003, 12:54 AM
It's on my "things to do" list some day. :D

manson
07-29-2003, 04:20 AM
hey, playdeep
I watched JJ race at Eldora abot a month ago, think he was in the non winged sprints (right)?
If I remember right he won.
I also believe he won battle of the borders,
where they race on friday night at Winchester
then sat night at Eldora.

burbanite
07-29-2003, 06:14 AM
playdeep:
Burbanite,
Got a question for you...
Have you had the chance to watch J.J. Yeley race yet?.If so what is your opinion?
With the success that Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon,Ryan Newman have had,after running USAC sprints,midgets and Silver crown cars why has no one picked him up yet?
IRP,Salem,Terre Haute,Manzanita the kid dominates.
With Winston cup owners looking to USAC for the next young phenom it amazes me that no one has signed him yet... playdeep,
I have seen him around here for a number of years, kid certainly has talent. Look for him to do well during Indiana Speed Week, 8 races in ten days all over the state...he drives a car owned by Tony Stewart.
I also remember him driving an Indy car for Johnathon Byrd a couple of years ago.
As to why no-one has picked him up? Your guess is as good as mine, there are many factors involved in hiring a driver that go beyond pure talent. Sometimes a sponsor does not want a young guy, a more mature driver might suit their marketing strategy perhaps.
One thing I will tell you is that in Winston Cup it is often the case that a sponsor is not at all concerned with whether or not they win races!!!!??? Some companies only want to spend a certain amount of money and that is often not enough to win....

burbanite
07-29-2003, 06:29 AM
ROZ:
MissHBjet:
Someday I will make it to Indy. It's a must, but go there for the Indy500....The place rocks! :cool:
Unfortunately my wife, daughter, and I couldn't make it, but my inlaws had a blast, as usual :( :D
WE'll be there next year!
Burb, say you guys on the tube sunday....looked good, but how did you guys place? I had to do some work in the sauna,errrr attic and missed the last 20 min or so......
Chris ROZ,
Thomas finished third and Scott fifth, Scott now leads the championship by 1 point!!!
rrrr works with Greg Rays team so keep an eye out for him as well.
To be honest I was never a big fan of the IRL but over the last two or three years it has improved ten fold and, in my opinion, produces the best races you will see in the "big leagues". There is always something happening each and every lap, kind of like a really fast sprint car race.. :D :D
MissHBjet, Jungle Boy and others if you ever decide to make the trip you will not be disappointed, we all know that IMS is not suited to Winston Cup and invariably produces a less than exciting race but it is still a big one for the teams in terms of prestige.