PDA

View Full Version : RD's Birthday party meet....

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Some dude with blonde shoulder length hair gave me a boat ride. He was hangin' with us at the upper sandbar. He had a blown motor and it was a 19' hull that kinda looked like a liberty. I was sooooo friggin wasted, but I am trying to remember the guys name and wonder if he is on these boards....
Justin

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2003, 03:38 PM
No kiss goodnight?
Do you have his glass slipper?
I am still hurt you forgot who I am...

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 03:39 PM
RiverDave:
His name is "Cole" on the boards.
RD Cool. I thought he said he was on here. Cool guy. I think he was breaking in his motor cause he was being totally easy with it when we went out.

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Havasu Hangin':
No kiss goodnight?
Do you have his glass slipper?
I am still hurt you forgot who I am... I never forgot. I just thought that picture was you. I have seen other pics and remember in my mind what you look like, and I honestly think there is a resemblence...
I mean, I remember the pool game and I sat with you when we were eating at Bodenochs (sp?) and rode with you on your buddies purple Elim. I know you, dammit.

Tom Brown
04-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Hey, this year why not go alcohol free with RiverDave's party? You know, set an example of responsible boating and responsible conduct. I think it would be a classy move. :)

mbrown2
04-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Which party are you referring to?

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Tom Brown:
Hey, this year why not go alcohol free with RiverDave's party? You know, set an example of responsible boating and responsible conduct. I think it would be a classy move. :) Actually, after that I made a promise to myself that I don't drink and boat any more, ever. Not even a sip. I always tell myself "Just one" and it ends up being more so I am just honest with myself and know that I simply can't have any if I am going to be piloting a boat.
I noticed that Andy often does not drink at the river and kind of looked up to him for that. Nice job. Anyway, for now on I am "sober guy".
J

Jordy
04-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Was I drinking that weekend because I don't remember dinner at Clearmans??? :D
I do remember this though:
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/rdbb4.jpg
What a sweet looking boat. :D

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 03:59 PM
I didn't realize you put in those white, round gauges... :D

Jordy
04-15-2003, 04:01 PM
Nice, huh? :D

SCUBA STEVE
04-15-2003, 04:02 PM
78Eliminator:
Actually, after that I made a promise to myself that I don't drink and boat any more, ever. Not even a sip. I always tell myself "Just one" and it ends up being more so I am just honest with myself and know that I simply can't have any if I am going to be piloting a boat.
I noticed that Andy often does not drink at the river and kind of looked up to him for that. Nice job. Anyway, for now on I am "sober guy".
J [/QB][/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with that, hell it paid off for me when that guy ran into my boat, and I had to make the report to the sheriff. I will still have one or two beers just to get relaxed. But I be sure to have 1 or 2 bottles of water before I start up that engine. Unless my des. driver is with me.
:D

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:02 PM
jordanpaulk:
Nice, huh? :D They are for detecting wind chill, if I am not mistaken.

SCUBA STEVE
04-15-2003, 04:03 PM
seems I F-UP my last post. anyway it seems like I became a member 6 months too late. looks like the rd b-day bash was fun. I was in havasu that weekend too.

Jordy
04-15-2003, 04:04 PM
I belive they work for water temperature too. :D

Jordy
04-15-2003, 04:05 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
seems I F-UP my last post. anyway it seems like I became a member 6 months too late. looks like the rd b-day bash was fun. I was in havasu that weekend too. That's a bummer because that was the last birthday party that RD's ever going to throw too... :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2003, 04:06 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
I was in havasu that weekend too. Then you were at the right place...me too.

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:08 PM
jordanpaulk:
I belive they work for water temperature too. :D And what's neat about those gauges is that if they ever get out of calibration, every man is equipped with a built in thermometer to put them in check.

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Havasu Hangin':
SCUBA STEVE:
I was in havasu that weekend too. Then you were at the right place...me too. That place is scarry for us "small hull" guys.

Jordy
04-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I'm bummed I wasn't in Havasu that weekend too... Oh wait, I was there on Sunday. Boat hit the water so that counts. :D

gnarley
04-15-2003, 04:11 PM
RD your bash is on what day? The party was on the 4th & 5th last year I saw. Mine is on the 4th but just wondered who else has one the same day as me?

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:12 PM
jordanpaulk:
Yeah, I'm bummed I wasn't in Havasu that weekend too... Oh wait, I was there on Sunday. Boat hit the water so that counts. :D I can't believe since all that time, you haven;t replaced your starter. Shame on you....

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2003, 04:13 PM
78Eliminator:
That place is scarry for us "small hull" guys. Remember breakfast in Joe's Eliminator? I swear there was whitecaps at Parker that weekend...
It's everywhere...

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Havasu Hangin':
78Eliminator:
That place is scarry for us "small hull" guys. Remember breakfast in Joe's Eliminator? I swear there was whitecaps at Parker that weekend...
It's everywhere... Yeah, and you will notice that my boat wasn't there....
This Summer will be spent at the lower river by Yuma where you big propper guys get scarred of all the sandbars.

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2003, 04:18 PM
78Eliminator:
Yuma where you big propper guys get scarred of all the sandbars. My, my...how plural were are these days...remember...I have a small boat, too.
If you can't afford a big boat, mooch rides off guys who have them...I always say...

78Eliminator
04-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Havasu Hangin':
78Eliminator:
Yuma where you big propper guys get scarred of all the sandbars. My, my...how plural were are these days...remember...I have a small boat, too.
If you can't afford a big boat, mooch rides off guys who have them...I always say... All my friends are poor like me......

77charger
04-15-2003, 04:21 PM
jordanpaulk:
Was I drinking that weekend because I don't remember dinner at Clearmans??? :D
I do remember this though:
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/rdbb4.jpg
What a sweet looking boat. :D Nice velocity stacks ther jordy

SCUBA STEVE
04-15-2003, 05:07 PM
jordanpaulk:
That's a bummer because that was the last birthday party that RD's ever going to throw too... :D what no more b-day parties for RD. thats too bad :( but no b-day party no gift. that means I save some cash :D

SCUBA STEVE
04-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Havasu Hangin':
SCUBA STEVE:
I was in havasu that weekend too. Then you were at the right place...me too. Havasu is the place to be. :D When its family time I prefer parker, its a little more quite. My 7 year old is still a little to young to see all the t & a out there. When she is 13 or 14 she can go and be my des. driver. :D