PDA

View Full Version : How do I learn Photo Shop???

WetWillie
12-30-2002, 10:16 AM
I want to by a book or ?? To learn some more about photoshop. Can any of you guys or gals with talent in this arena give me some insite. Tell me what would be the best way to learn it? I can already play and get by but I want to become more efficent and do some graphics.
Suggestions??
Oh yea I am using 6.0
WW :confused:

Eliminator Website Admin
12-30-2002, 10:48 AM
I took a course in it. Look into a local College class.
But even in taking that, you need to play around with it a lot to learn it.
Also, subscribe to get the Adobe Mag. There is a lot of info in it.
It takes technique. Photoshop is like a mechanics tool box. Every tool has a different use, yet just because you know what the tool is for doesn't mean you know the best way to use it. It takes practice, and lots of it.
Photoshop can do anything. So much so, that pictures don't hold their value as evidence so much in the courts.
You also have to have a love of it, and using it.

Jrocket
12-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Go to any local book store like Barnes and Noble.They will have all the books you need,then just spend alot of time practicing.Its hard at first. :D

Her454
12-30-2002, 12:05 PM
uh, check with jordy.....he works "MAGIC" with it. :D

MikeF
12-30-2002, 01:52 PM
A book and some practice. I know just enough to make funny pictures and cause a little trouble wink :D .

Blown 472
12-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Find king Jordy, he seems to have his shit together well at least for that stuff.

Her454
12-31-2002, 09:27 AM
Blown 472:
Find king Jordy, he seems to have his shit together well at least for that stuff. has king jordy dissapeared on us? he's been quiet for a few......haapy new year Blown. wink

Beautiful Noise
12-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Her454
has king jordy dissapeared on us? [/QB][/QUOTE]
You think he's giving up his POST-WHORING WAY'S? :rolleyes: Hmmmmmmmmm.........NOT Jordy,Maybe he's gone Riding this weekend,Just a Thought(Ouch that Hurt's) :cool:
Steve

Her454
12-31-2002, 09:39 AM
well wherever you are Jordy...HAPPY NEW YEAR... and to everyone else too.
(and i seriously doubt he's kicked the post whoring habit) wink

RiverToysJas
12-31-2002, 10:04 AM
I have found books on Photoshop to be of little help, most are too big confusing. Save your money.
Taking a JC class is great and then just practice, practice, practice... Spending one afternoon with someone who knows what they are doing can do wonders too.
RTJas :D

riverracerx
12-31-2002, 12:44 PM
Photoshop classroom in a book. It is worth the $50.00
Then just spend ALOT of time practicing.
Also, GOOGLE for Photoshop Tutorials on the net and just try them. See if you get what they show you.
I know a little about Photoshop, I guess.
RRX :)

Wet Dream
01-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I've started using Adobe's PhotoShop. It's kinda like the TV show Jeopardy, makes you feel pretty stupid until you figure it out. :D
I figure the best way is to buy a book and play with it until you get the hang of it. Good luck. If you learn any tricks, feel free to post them.