PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any tats? I've got a ????

fourspeednup
10-02-2003, 08:01 PM
I want to get a tattoo on my shoulder but I have been told that I can't go in the sun for a month. This would be impossible for me. I love havasu and the river, anyone here should understand my dilemma.
I know once I get it it's THERE and I don't want it to get focked up. Any suggestions?

GlastronGuy
10-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Wear a shirt?

Rivertoys
10-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Have you heard of this thing they have now, it's called a bandage? They are pretty cool! They are designed to cover and protect wounds. You should look into it. wink :p
RTJas :D

WILDERTHANU
10-02-2003, 08:10 PM
DONT PICK THE SCABS! ! ! GO TO THE RIVER, DONT BE A PUSS, THEY WILL BE FINE! !

SCUBA STEVE
10-03-2003, 07:23 AM
fourspeednup:
I want to get a tattoo on my shoulder but I have been told that I can't go in the sun for a month. This would be impossible for me. I love havasu and the river, anyone here should understand my dilemma.
I know once I get it it's THERE and I don't want it to get focked up. Any suggestions? imo, I would wait 6 weeks to go in the sun or the not so clean river water. Picking or scratching at it, will not help the healing process either.
I wouldnt recomend tribal work if your a river rat. I already had to get 2 of my tribal tats re-done, and will probably have to get my other 2 re-done in a year or so. ( I got them 4-5 years ago)
Get it done Thanksgiving weekend, and you'll be good to go for next season!
Good luck :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-03-2003, 07:46 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
fourspeednup:
I know once I get it it's THERE and I don't want it to get focked up. Any suggestions? imo, I would wait 6 weeks to go in the sun or the not so clean river water. Picking or scratching at it, will not help the healing process either.
I wouldnt recomend tribal work if your a river rat. I already had to get 2 of my tribal tats re-done, and will probably have to get my other 2 re-done in a year or so. ( I got them 4-5 years ago)
Get it done Thanksgiving weekend, and you'll be good to go for next season!
Good luck :D keep lots of A & D ointment. keep it moist and it will be fine. moisturize it after healing for the first six weeks then have fun. keep the sun off of it and definitely stay out of water especially CHLORINATED water. no swimming pools. winter is the best time........make damn sure it is something you can live with from now on.
Omega
ps. It doesn't really hurt.......

Jordy
10-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Tattoo's are just plain trashy... :D :D :D

Blown 472
10-03-2003, 08:19 AM
jordanpaulk:
Tattoo's are just plain trashy... :D :D :D How would you know, I heard yours is just a sticker. :D :D

Jordy
10-03-2003, 08:20 AM
It's not a sticker, it's henna, ok... Dammit, now the secret is out... :D

SCUBA STEVE
10-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
keep lots of A & D ointment. keep it moist and it will be fine. moisturize it after healing for the first six weeks then have fun. keep the sun off of it and definitely stay out of water especially CHLORINATED water. no swimming pools. winter is the best time........make damn sure it is something you can live with from now on.
Omega
ps. It doesn't really hurt....... I agree! :D I usually use neosporine (sp) though, and that shit will stain your clothes.
lmao it doesnt hurt... :confused: But the shoulder is the the least painful. :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-03-2003, 09:02 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
keep lots of A & D ointment. keep it moist and it will be fine. moisturize it after healing for the first six weeks then have fun. keep the sun off of it and definitely stay out of water especially CHLORINATED water. no swimming pools. winter is the best time........make damn sure it is something you can live with from now on.
Omega
ps. It doesn't really hurt....... I agree! :D I usually use neosporine (sp) though, and that shit will stain your clothes.
lmao it doesnt hurt... :confused: But the shoulder is the the least painful. :D My 'artist' told me that neosporin would pull the color out. Mine are all black/white. Mine are on my arms so I just wrapped them with celaphane(sp) for a couple weeks or until they are healed and then I use cocoa butter lotion to keep it moisturized for another 4 weeks or so. Both of mine still look nice. the oldest one is fading very little. It's about 6 yrs old. But they are both still very presentable. I am always careful to put sunscreen on them when I go out. I still do it. Supposedly black is the worst about fading......
Omega

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
10-03-2003, 09:11 AM
DON'T GO IN THE SUN IT WILL FALL OFF.

WILDERTHANU
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
DON'T GO IN THE SUN IT WILL FALL OFF. LMFAO! !

HavasuDreamin'
10-03-2003, 09:33 AM
A&D ointment pulled the color out of some of mine. If mine is real dry, I will put a little A&D on it (very little), other than that, I wait until it has healed, then put moisturizing lotion on it. :cool:

mike37
10-03-2003, 09:36 AM
dont do it tats are gay

fourspeednup
10-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Sorry it wasn't exactly an interactive discussion, I had to go over to a buddy's house.