PDA

View Full Version : steamboat cove

91nordic29
04-17-2003, 08:51 AM
exactly where is steamboat cove at havasu? :cool:

TrojanDan
04-17-2003, 09:01 AM
A few miles south (down river) of Copper Canyon on the Arizona side. Easy to miss. You'll see a couple of buoys at the entrance. Not the best directions but it will get you there.

Akamatsu
04-17-2003, 09:02 AM
If I am not mistaken, across from Havasu Palms, maybe a little south on the Arizona side.
Akamatsu

91nordic29
04-17-2003, 09:25 AM
thank you. have been to the sandbar and the canyon but not steamboat.

THOR
04-17-2003, 09:33 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/42maptosteamboatcove-med.bmp

BoatFloating
04-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Arizona side across directly from Havasu Palms, you'll see a rock marking buoy. It's a great place to party during big weekends and even regular weekends. wink

uvindex
04-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks, Thor, for posting the map. Never knew that it was also next to Beaver Point. Huh, huh, huh, I said, "beaver." :)

91nordic29
04-17-2003, 10:03 AM
thanks for the info. we used to take our 18 foot jet boat up to the sandbar on saturdays but now with this nordic, we have chickened out the last couple of times taking it up the river. thought we could checkout steamboat.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Steamboat is not the same as the Sandbar and Copper if that is what you are looking for. Steamboat is mostly familes.

91nordic29
04-17-2003, 10:24 AM
actually that is fine. we only visit the rowdy spots for a couple of hours on saturday. the rest of the time we ski, float and what have you. so steamboat cove sounds okay. we camp at cattail cove so we dont have to listen to the wild ones all night.

summerlove
04-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Havasu Dreamin is right. Let the families and the low volume stereo folks have their own place. If you want to get wild, go to Sandbar or Copper, and even the channel, but PLEASEEEE, leave Steamboat a place where we can bring our kids and not have to leave because some drunk big boobed bitch just has to show her fake tits to me, when I have no interest in seeing them, at least not in Steamboat. I was in Steamboat last Saturday and we pulled in between two nice tunnels, a Urinator and a DCB. As soon as we got there, the volume went up and the rap came on with the usual **** this/**** that/do this and do that shit, and then the lady (loose term)decided it was time to show off her fat belly and her "DD"'s to my 12 year old twin girls. We immediately left and moved down the beach to the group laughing at us - what a bunch of inconsiderate assholes. So, what I'm saying is, leave the party's to the aforementioned spots. There are many families with kids that will appreciate your appropriateness. With that said, Steamboat is a great place to hang and spends the day. Enjoy!
BTW, HD - Nice pic in Hot Boat last month!

hot_diggity_dog
04-17-2003, 10:40 AM
If your lucky you will get a chance to see the Big Horn sheep come down the mountain to get water.
It is absolutely awesome to see them go back up the mountain in about 90 seconds straight up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1Bighorn_sheep_Havasu_2_6_17_01-med.JPG
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
04-17-2003, 10:49 AM
summerlove:
Havasu Dreamin is right. Let the families and the low volume stereo folks have their own place. If you want to get wild, go to Sandbar or Copper, and even the channel, but PLEASEEEE, leave Steamboat a place where we can bring our kids and not have to leave because some drunk big boobed bitch just has to show her fake tits to me, when I have no interest in seeing them, at least not in Steamboat. I was in Steamboat last Saturday and we pulled in between two nice tunnels, a Urinator and a DCB. As soon as we got there, the volume went up and the rap came on with the usual **** this/**** that/do this and do that shit, and then the lady (loose term)decided it was time to show off her fat belly and her "DD"'s to my 12 year old twin girls. We immediately left and moved down the beach to the group laughing at us - what a bunch of inconsiderate assholes. So, what I'm saying is, leave the party's to the aforementioned spots. There are many families with kids that will appreciate your appropriateness. With that said, Steamboat is a great place to hang and spends the day. Enjoy!
BTW, HD - Nice pic in Hot Boat last month! [/b]
I Didnt think there was a "family" spot in havasu. I usually hit parker when I take my 7 year old. But I do hear your complaint. I like both the party spots for adults, and the quiet spots for the families. I even have 2 sets of boat music for each of the group. I also try to be as considerate as I can when kids are around no matter where I am at. (sporting events, river, ect) 5spot for your post summerlove.

91nordic29
04-17-2003, 10:52 AM
that sounds cool. hopefully it will be mellow while we are there. we dont have kids but we arent loud and wild either. somewhere in between i guess.

HavasuDreamin'
04-17-2003, 10:55 AM
That map must be pretty old. I remember when the Big 4x4's use to rule mudshark beach. Now.......it is a golf course. frown

Havasu_Dreamin
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
summerlove:
BTW, HD - Nice pic in Hot Boat last month! Thanks! It was pretty cool to have a picture in the magazine. All the credit really goes to Greg, Lakemead1, who organized Las Vegas Hot Boats.
As far as leaving the family stuff to Steamboat, I could not agree more. It's a big lake and there are places pretty much for everyone to do whatever it is that they want to. It's just that some places are a little wilder, Sandbar and Copper, while others are more relaxed and family oriented, Steamboat. I think it's nice that way, everyone has a spot to find the type of day/entertainment they are looking for.

summerlove
04-17-2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't want to start a thread on "family" vs wild locations, only to remember that families are there (all over the lake), and generally tend to leave the party group alone. Unfortunately, many times in the past couple of years, the "party" group has meandered south past Copper and into Steamboat, and other nice locations. What happens, is they tend to carry the party with them. My $.02, if there are families with kids and the mood is causal, then come on in and join in, but leave the "party" somewhere else. Havasu is a great lake with ample locations for everyone. I like Sandbar, but not with the wife and kids...

77charger
04-17-2003, 01:44 PM
a family spot i need to remember to take my wife and son there then listen to my country music and tell her "see havasu aint as wild as you think it is".Then the next time out solo i will go back to the normal party locations and turn up some music. :)

summerlove
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
BTW, HotDiggity Dog is right about the big horn sheep - they are there almost every morning and every afternoon. They are quite a sight!

gigamurph
04-17-2003, 10:27 PM
77charger:
a family spot i need to remember to take my wife and son there then listen to my country music and tell her "see havasu aint as wild as you think it is".Then the next time out solo i will go back to the normal party locations and turn up some music. :) Robert; that is such a perverted way to look at it! BTW, it worked for me a long time ago. Then somebody let the cat outta the bag and I haven't gone solo since!
:p