PDA

View Full Version : Federal Court

NashvilleBound
05-21-2003, 07:23 PM
I know a ton of the people over the last 2 or so years that we have met here know about my, how do I say this, my firearm hobby gone astray? Thats close. I just wanted to openly give my thanks to all that supported Stacy and I during this difficult time. I am happy to say that today was my sentencing date and God was looking over me cuz I got a very short probation. Thats it. Done deal.
Thanks again to all for the support, Jeff

gmnhra
05-21-2003, 07:49 PM
good to hear that everything worked out for you...
look forward to seeing you guys again...
look me up at the islander space 132 pretty much every other weekend from now till oct...op6 for sure...
gary

NashvilleBound
05-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Hey Gary, Thanks, We are definitaly planning trips almost every weekend from here on out! Time to have some real fun!

Craig
05-22-2003, 05:44 AM
No freakin' idea what "gone astray" menas, but who cares! Congrats on the outcome!
Craig

bear down
05-22-2003, 07:33 AM
Federal Crime + Firearms = Probation?
this means you got very lucky.
Congrats! I guess. Hope it all gets better.

XTRM22
05-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey NB, Glad to hear it went realatively smoothly. Actually like someone else said, gun law issues ending with short probabtion is a great thing! Look forward to meeting you in person on the river sometime!
Chuck

twistedpair
05-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Congrats on the "Get out of jail almost free" card. I bet the anticipation was way worse than the sentence.
Bear Down, I love your boat!

NashvilleBound
05-23-2003, 04:49 AM
bear down:
Federal Crime + Firearms = Probation?
this means you got very lucky.
Congrats! I guess. Hope it all gets better. It was a hobby, then it turned into a biz. I ended up with a .308 sf rifle and a supressed 9...along with some others. I guess they really frown on those items. Strictly a collector tho. After 9-11 they sure are cracking down on these kinds of weapons. I had the finest attorney and usada too. It started at @7 years(level 18).
Glad to see that the system can see past the guildlines on some issues. Anyways, I was just trying to get rid of them and move on..when greed got in the way. Lesson learned.
[ May 23, 2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Danhercules
05-23-2003, 07:31 AM
I am scared too. My father passed away last X-mas. He was a dealer. He didnt really sell, he just had his ferderal dealing licence so he could have some of the guns he had. Some gnarly stuff. Fully auto comemritive guns. All nickle and gold plated. He also has my Grandfathers natzi issue sidearm. Many more. We (my family) dont know what to do with them. I was told they cannot be sold leagally. My brotther is tring to do some reserch on how to sell em.

bear down
05-23-2003, 07:43 AM
twistedpair:
Congrats on the "Get out of jail almost free" card. I bet the anticipation was way worse than the sentence.
Bear Down, I love your boat! Thanks for the compliment TP! :D :D

Hustler
05-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Very good news Jeff, Now get your ass out the river :D

NashvilleBound
05-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Danhercules:
I am scared too. My father passed away last X-mas. He was a dealer. He didnt really sell, he just had his ferderal dealing licence so he could have some of the guns he had. Some gnarly stuff. Fully auto comemritive guns. All nickle and gold plated. He also has my Grandfathers natzi issue sidearm. Many more. We (my family) dont know what to do with them. I was told they cannot be sold leagally. My brotther is tring to do some reserch on how to sell em. Find a reputable gun dealer and sell them through him. He will know what to do with anything. Buy a Shotgun News newspaper, sometimes hard to find, it will tell all the current prices on anything you have. If you need some help pricing, so you dont get burned, e mail me a list and I will Blue Book it for you... I can help that way. Destroy any full auto stuff. Take it from me, you dont want to risk years in jail for getting caught with it. Times have changed.... Good Luck, NB

75_Elim
05-23-2003, 01:46 PM
That's great news.... Now it's time to celebrate http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/ylsuper.gif
So now it's no more of this http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/ak.gif but plenty of this http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/beerchug.gif

78Eliminator
05-23-2003, 01:50 PM
NashvilleBound:
[QUOTE]Destroy any full auto stuff. Take it from me, you dont want to risk years in jail for getting caught with it. Times have changed.... Good Luck, NB That is such bullshit. The right to bear arms is the right to have the power to over throw our government, should it become corrupt. How could this ever happen if "the people" have bb guns? We shit on our own foundation of core principals every day. A good guy like you gets screwed for what the constitution says you have the right to own. I am sorry you had to go through that.....

NashvilleBound
05-23-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry I put my family through it. I bought those guns with only one intention...to defend our country/rights and it was when we went to war with Iraq the first time. Figured if the shit hit the fan I could always do my part...hmphhh, so much for that idea. This world gets shittier by the day! Shittier, is that a word? I guess it is today..... :rolleyes:

MJ19
05-24-2003, 06:54 PM
NashvilleBound:
Shittier, is that a word? I guess it is today..... :rolleyes: Well we'll let it slide today, but next time try spell check before you start making up words :p :D
On a serious note: I'm glad to see your family has endured and I'm sure you guys are stronger from the exprience! :)

NashvilleBound
05-25-2003, 06:26 AM
MJ19:
NashvilleBound:
Shittier, is that a word? I guess it is today..... :rolleyes: Well we'll let it slide today, but next time try spell check before you start making up words :p :D
On a serious note: I'm glad to see your family has endured and I'm sure you guys are stronger from the exprience! :) Thanks MJ, You've been a great support. We'll never forget those who stood by us and those who turned their backs. NB

HOSS
05-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Danhercules, I love Rock n Roll. May be interested. Email me! wink

mtndewdrops
05-25-2003, 06:46 AM
Glad to hear things worked out for you NB. :) Now you can concentrate on having a great summer!

77charger
05-25-2003, 07:11 PM
good to hear jeff.I am a firearms owner too but living in ca also you are limited these days to what you can legally own.I always wanted a thompson but can no longer get here legally and to me it just aint worth it.

Forkin' Crazy
05-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Wow.....Glad it came out with just probation. I have several firearms. None are illegal. A lot are preban and are illegal in CA. Kinda makes me want to have an expert check out my collection to make sure. The gov has gotten way out of hand with most of the new regs. Since when has a pistol grip, flash suppressor, or folding stock killed some one. I think this stuff works on a point system, but thanks to your post, I am gonna check it out.
Be cool! :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-26-2003, 05:37 AM
Rio, So now that they took all my weapons and left me all the mags, ammo and such. Can I sell the high cap stuff legally since I had it before the ban? Amazing, the mags are worth more than the guns. I have quite a bit of stuff still I would like to get rid of.....the right way :rolleyes:

NastyOne
05-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Probation sounds good to me!
We should hook up and the drkinks will be on me to celebrate! :D

Boozer
05-27-2003, 10:29 AM
You can own just about anything you want in Colorado it is a beautiful thing. The only crappy thing about the Assault rifles and what not is that if they are classified as a Class 3 weapons you have to pay a big amount of cash to the ATF just to buy the gun.
I was looking at purchasing a Mac 10 and a Street sweeper from a guy for a price that was amazing. Problem was that I could afford the guns just couldn't afford the ATF tax. Last time I checked it was "I believe" $250 per firearm.

Seadog
05-27-2003, 11:11 AM
After using one for almost twenty years, I had hoped to buy an AR15A2, but I never got the chance. Before the ban, I could have gotten one for $600 and now the last price I saw was $2k+.

Boozer
05-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Seadog:
After using one for almost twenty years, I had hoped to buy an AR15A2, but I never got the chance. Before the ban, I could have gotten one for $600 and now the last price I saw was $2k+. Check out gunbroker.com I have seen some nice Bushmasters and Colts on there go for pretty cheap.
Forewarning though. All transactions must got through an FFL dealer. Before you decide to buy a firearm from them go down to the guy you intend to use the FFL and make sure you can pass a background check. I ordered an HK .45 thinking everything was okay. Went down to finalize the deal when the gun came in and didnt pass the background check. Had to file an appeal which is done in writing and takes like 4 weeks to be resolved. Turned out it was a traffic ticket i hadnt paid off from like 3 years ago. Didn't know up until then that an unpaid traffic ticket will cause them to not let you own a gun. Needless to say the seller was pissed and had his gun shipped back to him.

miller19j
05-27-2003, 11:44 AM
NashvilleBound:
Rio, So now that they took all my weapons and left me all the mags, ammo and such. Can I sell the high cap stuff legally since I had it before the ban? Amazing, the mags are worth more than the guns. I have quite a bit of stuff still I would like to get rid of.....the right way :rolleyes: Jeff,
I am glad to hear that everything worked out for you!
It is my understanding that the magazines are not illegal to own or sell. They are only illegal to manufacture. As long as they were made before the ban date they are perfectly legal.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Hotcrusader76
05-27-2003, 09:42 PM
and you got to keep the cats... :D
Jewels will be stoked! :)
~Ty