PDA

View Full Version : Sunsation Boats - Your thoughts...

carbonmarine
06-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey guys,
I am a sunsation owner.. Being a primarily Great Lakes boat & east coast boats... I dont see much of them on the river; only time to time...
I just thought I'd ask what you guys thought about 'em ..
Rick32 :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
06-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Uh...I think they are real purdy.

Quality Time
06-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Dude,
Love em, but I may be a bit biased :D

buck183
06-15-2003, 07:58 PM
A lot of boat for the $$$. Great quality, great people, great performance. These boats are on my VERY short list for the next purchase.
Buck

26 QUEST
06-16-2003, 07:36 AM
VERY WELL BUILT BOATS AND THEY DO SELL LOTS OF IN THE MIDWEST.I HAVE SEEN SOME USED ONES SELL FOR BIG MONEY,GOOD RESALE,THE GREAT LAKES ARE A GOOD TEST BED FOR BOATS.

carbonmarine
06-16-2003, 12:40 PM
4 posts is all so far ???

big Doug
06-16-2003, 12:44 PM
buck183:
A lot of boat for the $$$. Great quality, great people, great performance. These boats are on my VERY short list for the next purchase.
Buck Hey Buck, do you go to Bull Shoals any?

buck183
06-16-2003, 05:39 PM
big Doug:
buck183:
Buck Hey Buck, do you go to Bull Shoals any? It's been MANY years since I've been to Bull. Probably 15 or so. Have fond memories of the lake though. Good buddy's dad used to take him and I there all the time to go fishing when I was growing up. Probably one of the cleanest lakes in the area. Very beautiful too.
We spend most weekends on Beaver Lake. With a couple weekends here and there at Grand or Tenkiller. If we do make it up north it's usually a road trip to LOTO. Occasionally we land at Table Rock.
You from the area?
Buck

Suttle Huh?
06-16-2003, 06:50 PM
carbonmarine - what are you thoughts on the boat? Don't you own one?

carbonmarine
06-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Yes. I am an owner. But everytime in Havasu I see ... maybe one Sunsation besides my own if I am lucky.
I think they are great boats in every aspect..
I just wonder how come I dont see more & what the West Coast Preception besides my own is.. Thats all.
Rick32

SoCalOffshore
06-16-2003, 07:07 PM
I think the perception on the West Coast is you don't see enough of them. I was interested in one and it was very hard to actually see one in person. The only one I could find was a dealer demo up by Castaic. I thought it was a great boat for the money, I just wanted a little more cockpit room and my head hit the ceiling in the cabin.

Quality Time
06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I've had mine since 97. Bought it new from the factory and drug it out here. I never used to see any Sun boats. Just recently have I been seeing them here and there. Mostly 28's and 32's. I have a 25. I know of no others in these parts. I've had my boat on all of the big lakes in the river system as well as the Pacific. May not be the optimum size, but the damn thing is as tough as nails. No rattles, shakes, squeaks or handling quirks. Fit and finish is top notch. Excellent factory support. Getting the itch to move up and a new 32 is at the top of my list. :D
Rick, you still waiting on the 396?

big Doug
06-17-2003, 05:11 AM
buck183
[/qb]
We spend most weekends on Beaver Lake. With a couple weekends here and there at Grand or Tenkiller. If we do make it up north it's usually a road trip to LOTO. Occasionally we land at Table Rock.
You from the area?
Buck [/QB]Buck
From St Louis, but boat 2 or 3 times at Bull Shoals. LOTO gets a little rough for my boat. Very clean lake, and the water patrol very nice. No speed limits and you can run open headers. The only down side is no night life. Maybe go to beaver and check the lake out.

carbonmarine
06-17-2003, 08:10 AM
QT,
Yeah... I am dy'in to see it or hear something baout it ... Their big boat with 575's would be the machine for sure...
Rick32 :cool: :cool:

Quality Time
06-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Rick,
My understanding is that they plan on developing a 35 (+/-) first then the 396, but I could be wrong. My Bro lives down the street from the factory. He stops in a lot here lately to see his new 32 get built. I'll ask him to find out more.
Regards,
Scott

riverracerx
06-17-2003, 08:49 AM
carbonmarine is yours the purple one? I see that one at Havasu all the time. Other than that I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 others ever there.
I think they are sweet although never been on one. My guess is that they just aren't manufactured close to the West Coast. I think there are alot of them back east?

carbonmarine
06-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Yes. It's white w/ Purple stretching to the front...The name is R&R ... Id like to Post a picture... Somebody explain that processs.... This Software HB has is OLD....
Rick32