PDA

View Full Version : MissHBjet in Action!!!!!

HBjet
08-21-2003, 11:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20MercyAir.jpg
Sorry, no bikini photo's... Just an average Tuesday for MissHBjet at work. (minus the helicopter) She could tell you the details about this call, but they are transporting a patient from the truck to the chopper to be flown to UCLA and a local park was the only place for the chopper to land. This photo was taken by a CARE supervisor on the scene and according to him MissHBjet and her partner both did a perfect job in getting the patient to the chopper under Code 3.
Good Job Babe!
HBjet

MikeF
08-22-2003, 05:22 AM
It always feels good to help someone in need :cool: . That is the good kind of pressure to work under.

superdave013
08-22-2003, 05:23 AM
God job Wendy!
Almost makes me want to go out and crash my truck. Well, not really.

Banshee
08-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Sorry, no bikini photo's Dam! Quit teasing us
Good job anyway!

JetBoatRich
08-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Nice job, wink :D glad you are helping the people in need.

beached 1
08-22-2003, 05:59 AM
Great Job Windy! :)

Cs19
08-22-2003, 06:49 AM
no sh*t. i had no idea she drove for care. I have 2 friends from o.c. who drive for care as well.Good Job miss H.B.

75_Elim
08-22-2003, 07:02 AM
Very cool Windy :D If I ever need help like that I hope I can look up and see you there and taking care of me. Keep saving those lives :D

Windy
08-22-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys...We dont get to work with Mercy Air everyday. The flight nurse and her crew were great.
CS19 who do you know that works at CARE?

shockwavebd
08-22-2003, 08:41 AM
[ August 22, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: shockwavebd ]

shockwavebd
Wendy........you are my hero :D

Jetboatguru
Windy,
Congrats on doing a job well done. If I were unconscious after a major traumatic event and woke up to you treating me, I would think I had died and gone to the good place. :D :D ( You are rather dreamy) We will see you at Lost Lake next weekend.
JBG

THOR
08-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Windy,
You are working already?
You flew through school.
Congrats Doogie! Looks like you enjoy your work and are very good at it.

shockwavebd
08-22-2003, 08:50 AM
[ August 22, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: shockwavebd ]

Windy
08-22-2003, 08:53 AM
shockwavebd:
Wendy you are my ...hero :D Nice...can I test drive your new Shockwave...the one I admired at the boat show :D

Windy
08-22-2003, 08:54 AM
THOR:
Windy,
You are working already?
You flew through school.
Congrats Doogie! Looks like you enjoy your work and are very good at it. Thanks DAD...but I dont think I'll ever be done with school.

shockwavebd
08-22-2003, 08:58 AM
MissHBjet:
shockwavebd:
Wendy you are my ...hero :D Nice...can I test drive your new Shockwave...the one I admired at the boat show :D Any time .. wink

HBjet
08-22-2003, 09:12 AM
shockwavebd:
MissHBjet:
shockwavebd:
Wendy you are my ...hero :D Nice...can I test drive your new Shockwave...the one I admired at the boat show :D Any time .. wink Hey, can I go too?

Kilrtoy
08-22-2003, 09:14 AM
GOOD JOB WINDY, GLAD TO SEE YOUR DOING GOOD,
hey barry
YOU SAID I WAS YOUR HERO..

USMC1812
08-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey that is cool, my Dad is a pilot for Mercy Air. He usually is the night pilot out of base 8 in Oxnard.
Doug
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/218mercyair8.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/218mercy-med.jpg

Windy
08-22-2003, 11:15 AM
USMC1812:
Hey that is cool, my Dad is a pilot for Mercy Air. He usually is the night pilot out of base 8 in Oxnard.
Doug
[/IMG] Very Cool...The pilot is the guy in front of the chopper looking down, with a bandana on his head.
This chopper came from Rancho Cocamonga {sp}

Cs19
08-22-2003, 01:14 PM
one of the guys name is kelly staley (some people call him shawn) and another guy keith hedenberg. both from F.V. and are just getting experience so they can be fire fighters. I believe keith was just picked up by H.B. fire but is still working with CARE. We used to lifeguard in laguna but i do not think we ever had a CARE truck show up for any of our calls. :D anyways, good job.

Mandelon
08-22-2003, 01:56 PM
I think it is awesome to have a job like that. You help people who REALLY need it. Saving lives...what could be more personally rewarding?
Not to mention you could be doing something else to make more $$$ so it is a sacrifice on your part too. I hope people appreciate that. Very cool!!

wsuwrhr
08-22-2003, 03:15 PM
When I ride my bike around town and on the freeway, I ALWAYS give a thumbs up to the people on firetrucks and ambulances. You never know when you may need their services. You guys sacrifice for the rest of us.
Props to MissHB, hopefully we never meet anywhere but the water.
Brian

AZKC
08-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Before or after the Mcdonalds incident :D If after thats one tough chica. Very kewl reminds me of the show "Emergency" back in the day.
KC

chub
08-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks to misshbjet and usmc1812's dad. I have been the patient going from the ambulance to a helivac flight in the middle of the night. All care givers deserve and will always get my respect and admiration. Thanks for being you! :D

DickDanger
08-22-2003, 07:42 PM
I give a lot of credit to anyone that can work medical all day long. I absolutely HATE any kind of medical call, and hide anytime I can. Give me a burned dead guy, and him and I will hang out and have a sandwich, but sick and hurt people? GUH!!!! -DD Out

Kim Hanson
08-22-2003, 08:14 PM
You do a job I couldn't take, first aid at work is bad enough....Hats off to you MissHBJet..Thats one tough job......( . )( . )...... :cool:

Windy
08-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement...and I hope I never see any of you in one of our rigs wink
MissHBjet

TOOMNYTOYS
08-22-2003, 08:44 PM
That picture of the helecopter on the beach is where I used to live on Silver Strand Beach in Oxnard. Good job Wendy. I owe a lot of credit to the air lifts I was transported in one off of PCH in Malibu about 3 years ago. People like this are what keep us people living.

24ROD
08-23-2003, 04:39 AM
Keep up the good work Miss HBjet. wink

shockwavebd
08-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Kilrtoy:
GOOD JOB WINDY, GLAD TO SEE YOUR DOING GOOD,
hey barry
YOU SAID I WAS YOUR HERO.. I Did not..........But a man can't have to many hero's in his life...can he wink
Randy yes you can :D

Cs19
08-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Miss H.B. scroll up to my last post. Do you know either of those 2 guys who work for CARE? I think they are kinda rookies and are mostly doing transports from one hospital to another, but maybe you know them? hope to see you guys at lost lake this labor day. :D

TexasJet
08-23-2003, 05:17 PM
:) MissBHjet, congradulations on making a difference. By the way, for the record, I presume your name is spelled Windy not Wendy. Since the i key and the e key are not close to each other I think some people are confused.

Windy
08-23-2003, 05:58 PM
cs19:
Miss H.B. scroll up to my last post. Do you know either of those 2 guys who work for CARE? I think they are kinda rookies and are mostly doing transports from one hospital to another, but maybe you know them? hope to see you guys at lost lake this labor day. :D Yeah I saw their names on our schedule, but I dont know them. I might have see them around. We have about 200 EMTs at CARE.
We will see you at Lost Lake for sure,
Windy

Windy
08-23-2003, 06:00 PM
TexasJet:
:) MissBHjet, congradulations on making a difference. By the way, for the record, I presume your name is spelled Windy not Wendy. Since the i key and the e key are not close to each other I think some people are confused. Hey Thanks...
Yeah its Windy with an I...people have been mispelling my name all my life..aint no big thang wink

gigamurph
08-23-2003, 06:35 PM
"..aint no big thang"-MissHBJet
.....and alot of us have been hearin' that for almost our entire lives! Good job Windy! But you'd save alotta time in CPR procedures if ya worked in one of your "River Uniforms"! :p :D

Cs19
08-23-2003, 06:51 PM
MissHBjet:
cs19:
Miss H.B. scroll up to my last post. Do you know either of those 2 guys who work for CARE? I think they are kinda rookies and are mostly doing transports from one hospital to another, but maybe you know them? hope to see you guys at lost lake this labor day. :D Yeah I saw their names on our schedule, but I dont know them. I might have see them around. We have about 200 EMTs at CARE.
We will see you at Lost Lake for sure,
Windy copy that. see you guys there.

Moose
08-23-2003, 07:03 PM
MissHB, are you a EMT or a Paramedic?, anyway, a big thanks to you and all other EMT'S & Paramedics!. I used to be a EMT but I let my CERT, expire when the Fire Dist.I used to volunteer at merged and did away with the volunteer program, so I know a little bet of what you go through. EMT'S and Paramedic (private sector) don't get the pay or recognition that they should. They are usualy over shadowed by Fire Dept. Paramedics. Keep up the good work!.
Moose
p.s. And to think all this time we thought you
were just a pretty hood eerrr...boat
ornament. j/k :D

Windy
08-23-2003, 07:23 PM
cs19:
copy that. Now your sounden like the guys I work with wink

FIREMAN
08-23-2003, 07:34 PM
I worked as a Flight Medic for Mercy Air for 6 years. Base 7, 11 and 21 here in Vegas. I just quit this July. It was fun I have over 2000 missions in the air. My wife made me quit after two crashes, I survived a "Hard landing" which I called a crash. Then two weeks later I went home sick to go to the river and I found out the next day, my crew went down and all three souls on board were killed. It just goes to show ya that when it's your time, it's your time, and if it's not , it's not!! I guess I can see her point of view when she says "Your done flying." I can understand. She asked me to give up one Extreme Sport, I'm a Fireman, I was working on sick people @ 5,000 feet in a helicopter, I wake board, I snow board, I Base Jump, I just put a blower on my boat, and I have a harley that I jump from Bar to Bar with. I sold the Harley to upgrade the boat and quit flying in the chopper's I think I've been very fair...

gstark
08-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Flight for Life out of Vegas saved my wife's life in 1987. Very bad water skiing accident, spiral femur fracture near Sand Point, many miles from Temple Bar. What these folks do without bright lights and all the glitz is simply saving human life. Nothing is more precious than that.
Keep up the good work - it makes a difference.

MagicMtnDan
08-24-2003, 12:55 PM
shockwavebd:
MissHBjet:
shockwavebd:
Wendy you are my ...hero :D Nice...can I test drive your new Shockwave...the one I admired at the boat show :D Any time .. wink Which Shockwave was at the boat show?