PDA

View Full Version : GMC Bed Rails Way Thin

SoCal Power
07-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Bought a new GMC and the bed rails dent real easy. Just rest your elbows on them puts dents in them or putting your hand on it to jump out of the bed kicks its ass too.
I'm looking for the best bed rail covers out there. I've seen the ribbed black rubber ones that look good and seem functional. Are there many choices out there.
Thanks,
Dave Batista

Jrocket
07-10-2003, 06:39 PM
SoCal Power:
Bought a new GMC and the bed rails dent real easy. Just rest your elbows on them puts dents in them or putting your hand on it to jump out of the bed kicks its ass too.
I'm looking for the best bed rail covers out there. I've seen the ribbed black rubber ones that look good and seem functional. Are there many choices out there.
Thanks,
Dave Batista Dont know too much about dem Chebys but would that be one of your latest desings you have there in your avatar?

SoCal Power
07-10-2003, 07:13 PM
That one is from 1994. I made 25 with the bowtie and I have 2 left. The latest design incorporates a heat exchanger that can be used as a power steering cooler, auxiliary oil cooler, fuel cooler or hot water can be routed through to make it a pre-heater. They are also still available without the heat exchanger.
The balance of the units in stock all have a blank face so the user can machine or etch a logo (like say...... FORCE OFFSHORE) on the face. WPM puts a sticker on the ones they buy.
I haven't been doing a real good job marketing them. Been too busy with work. Most are going through word of mouth and through my contacts in the local marine industry.
Are you still marinizing your engines in house? If you are interested, I can provide a demo for you to try out. It works real well and is a nice departure from the tube that EVERYONE runs. I have had some hard anodized for salt water apps if that is an issue.
Let me know,
Dave
[ July 10, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: SoCal Power ]

Jrocket
07-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Dave,
Im not from Force Offshore.You and I have mutual friends in Riverside,thats how I know you built the parts in the avatar.I do have friends that are at Force and will run it past them next time Im out there.they might be interested in the cross over's.Dano lurks in here some but doesnt post too much.Ill run it past John at Force next time around for you.Might help if there was some pics though.

buck183
07-10-2003, 07:31 PM
You have a few options for bed caps on your truck.
The plastic ones you mentioned work/function quite well. Hold up good. They are becoming very popular. We sell a lot of them at my store.
The other options would be, aluminum caps, stainless caps, or have your caps sprayed with polyurethane. The last option would be the most expensive.
Buck

Trailer Park Casanova
07-20-2003, 08:21 AM
SoCal Power:
Thanks,
Dave Batista Big Wave Dave:
I have the new GMC and the Outside bed (fenders) dent super easy too. I mean real easy. It's like aluminum foil.
Just leaning over the bed to grab something in the bed has put several dents in ours.
The paintless dent repair guys are pretty good at pushing them back out.
I tried the dent wizard,, nah,,, shoulda worked,, but the skin is to soft.
8.1 Allison GMC 4x4 Crew Cab 2500 HD