PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 2500HD

hottrodder
06-05-2003, 06:11 AM
I need some help all. I'm begining to look for a '01/'02 2500HD to replace our '99 4x Suburban. I'm tired of replacing pads and rotors on that damb thing. I'm looking for a site that lists all the factory options available for a given make, model and year. I can't know exactly what I want until I know what was available. I.E. I know I ant 8.1 and Allison but do I want it in Silverado or just LT trim. Anyone know of a site where I can find this kind of data? Thanks in advance.

PLACECRAFT20
06-05-2003, 08:33 AM
TRY THIS SITE GM TRUCKS (http://GM-TRUCKS.COM) I HAVE A 2001 EXT CAB SHORT BED 4X4 WITH 8.1. I LOVE THE POWER BUT THE 10MPG SUCKS. I GUESS YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY.

SoCalOffshore
06-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Edmunds.com has all the info for past vehicles and new as well.

SoCalOffshore
06-05-2003, 09:00 PM
remember get the DMax

LevoeDCB22
06-08-2003, 10:18 AM
K, dumb question, I have a 1500 2wd and want to trade up from my 22 ft boat to a 26 and am guessing my truck isnt gonna get the job done. Motor and trans is easy to tell the difference, but whats the difference from the1500 to the 1500hd, to the 2500, to the 2500hd

Trailer Park Casanova
06-08-2003, 01:42 PM
In the 2500HD you get the Allison transmission, and the option of the 8.1 gas or Duramax diesel.
I have the 8.1 gas with the Allison and am happy with the MPG.
The Allison is excellent, and no one has anything near it. Fords trying to imitate it with the new HD trans,, but the Ford is still old Rum in a new bottle.
I've owned the last of the GM carburated big blocks, the last of the GM throttle body big blocks, and now own the multi port Fuel Injected 8.1.
The milage has gotten better with each trade up, and the new 8.1 has far more response and MPG than my '96 454 had.
I ordered all with the 3.73 final screws that show a noticable difference on MPG over the 411's.
I tow a big, ugly, brutal, ridiculous, massive, giantic 32' trailer to Parker in brutal mid day heat and the engine and trans stay cool. My boat is 5000lbs and the same thing.
Just my experiences and my 2 cents worth.
But remember:
Free advice is worth what ya paid for it.

OGShocker
06-08-2003, 01:46 PM
I have own the LT and LS packages in the 2002 (LS) and 2003 in the (LT). My 2003 is a 2500HD 4x4 Duramax. I choked at the upgrade on the Duramax but,
MAN! what a package. Our ToyBox is over 10,000 lb and the truck still get 11 MPG. My 2002 is an 8.1 and I could watch the fuel gauge fall on trips to Glamis.
I tow 35,000 miles a year, at that rate the 5k extra for the Duramax will payback quick!
Good luck in picking your truck.
OGS

buck183
06-08-2003, 03:00 PM
hottrodder:
I need some help all. I'm begining to look for a '01/'02 2500HD to replace our '99 4x Suburban. I'm tired of replacing pads and rotors on that damb thing. I'm looking for a site that lists all the factory options available for a given make, model and year. I can't know exactly what I want until I know what was available. I.E. I know I ant 8.1 and Allison but do I want it in Silverado or just LT trim. Anyone know of a site where I can find this kind of data? Thanks in advance. All current body style Chevy trucks are called Silverados now. The name does not designate a package anymore. The packages are now the LT, LS, and base model. (which will have just a "Silverado" badge on the cab corner.) This has been confusing for everyone for quite some time now.
I still have customers come in the store bragging about getting a loaded Chevy Silverado for 14k. When in all reality it's a stripped down truck with nothing more than a motor and transmission for options.
Buck

Trailer Park Casanova
06-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Just 2 more cents worth.
I've bought every yearly issue of the Guinness book of world records and from time to time the hottest place on earth is Death Valley Calif. I've towed through there at 128F and the GMC's AC still cooled nicely, and the engine and trans gauges stayed on normal.
The temp readout on the mirror said 133F and it's very accurate measured against a calibrated colum of mercury I have, but official temp was 128F.
My work takes me through Death Valley frequently and the GM trucks are tops.
I owned a New Dodge Ram for awhile and it couldn't take the heat at all.
A/C couldnt keep up, the trans hated it and got fussy, the engine ran super hot, the dash controls all failed.