PDA

View Full Version : Why are 4 door trucks so rare?

dmontzsta
07-12-2003, 10:08 PM
I am starting to look for a 4 door, long or short bed. Chevy or Ford doesnt matter, but cannot find one anywhere, I would like a 96+ Chevy or Ford, what do they run in price?

Outnumbered
07-12-2003, 10:55 PM
I guess you've got me beat as far as having the oldest Lavey :D
Check out carsdirect.com, their numbers are dead on as far as invoice goes. They also list rebates and their price. You should be able to negotiate a deal that is the same or better if you know someone in the business. The site is fun to play with and it will let you know exactly what the truck will cost you.
http://www.carsdirect.com/
Good luck,
OL

dmontzsta
07-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Old Lavey:
I guess you've got me beat as far as having the oldest Lavey :D
Check out carsdirect.com, their numbers are dead on as far as invoice goes. They also list rebates and their price. You should be able to negotiate a deal that is the same or better if you know someone in the business. The site is fun to play with and it will let you know exactly what the truck will cost you.
http://www.carsdirect.com/
Good luck,
OL Thanks, I actually like your Lavey. My mother and father are looking for a smoother cruising boat now that they are having back problems, etc... I want them to get a Lavey, so we can go the Regattas together still.

gettinby
07-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Hey Dmontzsta, I work at Tustin Chevrolet and can get you the truck you want. We have alot of 4-door pickups. I just need to find out what else you want besides 4-doors. Let me know. Clyde Stires, 714-731-9100 or cell 949-466-5883

JetBoatRich
07-13-2003, 08:07 AM
I drove a Ford CrewCab yesterday, great truck with the Turbos Diesel. They didn't have a color we wanted (YET), pick one up next month :D

dmontzsta
07-13-2003, 08:51 AM
gettinby:
Hey Dmontzsta, I work at Tustin Chevrolet and can get you the truck you want. We have alot of 4-door pickups. I just need to find out what else you want besides 4-doors. Let me know. Clyde Stires, 714-731-9100 or cell 949-466-5883 Sweet. are you in sales? can you get a "discount"???
wink
I am pretty simple. Just want A/C and stereo. it is going to be for towing the boat, so 350 or higher. gray cloth and white would be good. I am in to the newer body styles, but they are a little out of the price range right now, my dad has a 93 GMC, I like that body style and know they stayed the same for a LONG time, but there is something that changed in 96, was it interior and exterior lights or something?

gettinby
07-13-2003, 10:15 AM
That sounds easy enough. Call me at home, I'll be here for a while. Discount? I'll get you the best deal I can , which I'm sure will be anyone. In 96 we went to vortec, multiport fuel injection, huge improvement in performance. With rebates and 0% interest on new trucks right now, you might be surprised how easy it is to get into one right now. Oh yeah, 0% for 60mos. , not 36mos. And yes, I am in sales, fleet sales. Give me a call. 949-387-4323. Thanks!

gettinby
07-13-2003, 10:36 AM
I'll get you the best deal I can , which I'm sure will be anyone...................I meant I'm sure will BEAT anyones deal. Thanks again

Jordy
07-13-2003, 10:58 AM
JetBoatRich:
I drove a Ford CrewCab yesterday, great truck with the Turbos Diesel. They didn't have a color we wanted (YET), pick one up next month :D Not that it's any concern of mine, but if it was me, I wouldn't touch the new 6.0 litre Powerstroke. I haven't heard anything good on them and actually just heard more bad yesterday from someone who just bought one. 3,000 miles and it lost 3 injectors.

JetBoatRich
07-13-2003, 08:05 PM
jordanpaulk:
JetBoatRich:
I drove a Ford CrewCab yesterday, great truck with the Turbos Diesel. They didn't have a color we wanted (YET), pick one up next month :D Not that it's any concern of mine, but if it was me, I wouldn't touch the new 6.0 litre Powerstroke. I haven't heard anything good on them and actually just heard more bad yesterday from someone who just bought one. 3,000 miles and it lost 3 injectors. Thanks Jordy, any other feedback would be appreciated

Outnumbered
07-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Thanks, I actually like your Lavey. My mother and father are looking for a smoother cruising boat now that they are having back problems, etc... I want them to get a Lavey, so we can go the Regattas together still.
Thanks. It actually looks better than the pic. That was scanned from a 35mm photo. Since I took that, I put a new interior in with Hallet style bolster seats, new carpet, modern patterns on the interior (no tuck and roll) yuk Gaffrig controls, etc.
Hmmm? Now you got me thinkin' :D We were kicking around getting a NuEra 24' but now we have the new house bug so we decided to wait. I was gonna let it go for around $15,000. Keep in touch if your interested because things are always changing.
OL
[ July 14, 2003, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Old Lavey ]

Boozer
07-14-2003, 08:17 AM
gettinby:
That sounds easy enough. Call me at home, I'll be here for a while. Discount? I'll get you the best deal I can , which I'm sure will be anyone. In 96 we went to vortec, multiport fuel injection, huge improvement in performance. With rebates and 0% interest on new trucks right now, you might be surprised how easy it is to get into one right now. Oh yeah, 0% for 60mos. , not 36mos. And yes, I am in sales, fleet sales. Give me a call. 949-387-4323. Thanks! I'd say go with this dude. If he does Fleet sales he should be able to get you a good price. I get chevys through my company at a fleet rate which I believe is 2% under invoice.

dmontzsta
07-14-2003, 08:30 AM
I am definately going to give it a shot as soon as I am ready, if I go new, I would like to have a nice down payment. You will hear from me soon...