PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about Zieman trailers?

Big Bear
06-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I need to make a decision soon whether to go with a triple axle Zieman or pay an extra $1500 for a triple axle Extreme for my new boat, 28 ft. Advantage Victory. :confused: I called Extreme and the guy I talked to admitted Zieman is a good trailer. I know Extreme is one of the best, but budget is tight and I could put that extra $ to use outfitting the boat. I will be towing with a F350 4-door dually so I have the long wheel base to handle the triple axle. Advantage is also putting Goodyear steel belt radials on their trailers, so no cheapie tires. If anyone has anything to say about Zieman, I'm all ears, or in this case eyeballs. eek!

SchellSchock
06-18-2003, 09:54 AM
I have a Zieman tandem axle, the only bitch I have is the Drom brakes. The brake cylinder corroded, (in fairness due to a couple of emersions in salt water, and froze the pads to far out so the drum etc. was toast. Also mine was painted not powder coated so joints are weeping a little rust. Swing away tongue is nice and it pulls fine. New ones may have disk brakes but check.

AquaBoogie
06-20-2003, 02:45 PM
I have no problem with my Zieman trailer. Customer service is good as well. I split a gear in my jack last month and they rushed me a replacement jack with one simple phone call.

Back To Havasu
06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
I have had two Zieman trailers in the past and had excellent results with both. Customer parts and service department is excellent. I am not sure they have the custom look of an Extreme, nor do they have the prestige, but a Zieman should provide excellent roadworthyness. Just my $.02. :)

DogHouse
07-08-2003, 10:02 PM
I've got one that's less than a year old and looks like it's 10 or 15. The paint is absolute shit. Wasn't even glossy from the start. So far their "customer service" guy has not returned my call...
-brian

CCF
07-09-2003, 12:42 PM
AquaBoogie:
I have no problem with my Zieman trailer. Customer service is good as well. I split a gear in my jack last month and they rushed me a replacement jack with one simple phone call. My zieman trailer has had problems leaking brake fluid because the reservoir cap is a piece of junk and doesn't seal well. Can someone post the phone number so I can call and complain about my bubbled paint around the reservoir. Thanks...