PDA

View Full Version : Customizing The Trailer

massarogang
05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Any suggestions on stuff to do with my trailer. its a competitive towing an eliminator.
I know that you can put polished stainless fenders on it..
I have seen some trailers lowered...Any suggestions?
Also, does any one know on a competitive what size low profile wheels and tires will fit?
I would like to run 17" wheels[ we own a shop and I can get rims ] and low pro tires but I have never messed with the trailer.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated..
Thanks Leo

Duck
05-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I wanted a dropped axle trailer with my triple axles, but budget prohibited it at the time. I was warned not to go the smaller tire route and stick with the stock RATED for trailers tires.
Go for the chrome fenders, plates on corners if wanted, nicer rims, pinstripe the frame, and if you really want to spend $ get LED brake and marker lights. Look at some Extreme trailers and get ideas. Duck

THATJEFFGUY
05-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Air Bag it ! Then you can replace all the lights with LED's. Get new wheels and tires...Hell go for spinners even...it's only money !

WETDAWG
05-03-2003, 08:31 AM
I agree with Duck. Just get some cool rims and stock rated tires. Great paint, flames chrome fenders and alumnimum or stainless plates all around. LED lights are a must. :D
Check this out http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98MVC-026F-med.JPG
I now have LED lights SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET devil
There is one on the back step.
Oh yeah NEW Carpet all around
[ May 03, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

massarogang
05-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Nice trailers everyone...any suggestions where to get the l.e.d's?
Are they a direct replacement for the o/e lights?
Any suggestion for the fenders? Is a competitive so I imagine they woul have the fenders?
Thaks Leo

WETDAWG
05-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Mass,
Try www,championtrailer for the fenders and for the LED lights Try 4trailerparts or any truck parts place. Type in LED lights on Google. Prices and # light vary
They are direct replacements. Make sure they have pigtails
Good Luck :D
[ May 04, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

massarogang
05-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey wetdawgg... How did you carpet and attach the covers for the inside fenderwells?
I just got the chrome/stainless fenders from where you suggested and i have no inner well.
I was going to cut it from marine grade plywood and cover it? Is there any tricks to mounting it or am I on the right track?
Thanks Leo

WETDAWG
05-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Mass,
You are on the right track. I cut the plywood first It took a little adjusting to get it right, then I coated it with urathayne and then painted it all black. After a couple of days I carpeted it on one side only.
Mounted it using stainless steel stove bolts and locking nuts. Worked great.
Do your fenders have holes pre drilled?

mbrown2
05-13-2003, 04:53 PM
massarogang:
Nice trailers everyone...any suggestions where to get the l.e.d's?
Are they a direct replacement for the o/e lights?
Any suggestion for the fenders? Is a competitive so I imagine they woul have the fenders?
Thaks Leo Send Nextasex a PM; he should be able to hook you up with the LED's. He hooked me and several others on the board up for a reasonable price. They do plug right in, and look trick.

jlnorthrup122
05-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Lift your truck up 12" or more put some 44"s on your truck and doe the same with your trailer Now That Would be cool nutin like backin in the ramp into 3 feet of water at your Tow Rig :D

massarogang
05-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Want to hear something stupid...I guess its dumb luck.
I posted a " how to customize the trailer ?" question and then wrecked my trailer..
Pulling into my storage place...cell phone rings and i lean over to grab it and clip the fender and blow out the wheel and lights.
So now I get to get stainless fenders...new rims and tires and l.e.d.s' to replace the stuff I ruined..
Boats fine though...

BP1330
05-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Damn that sucks!

WETDAWG
05-22-2003, 02:44 PM
oops!
burningm
Ugh yuk Sorry Man

WETDAWG
05-22-2003, 02:45 PM
BP