PDA

View Full Version : Silverado speed sensor wiring help

Froggystyle
09-27-2003, 09:26 PM
I also posted this in the Sandbar for greater visibility...
If any of you folks know how to find a speed sensor wire in a new 2500HD Silverado with a Duramax and Alison I would be greatly appreciative.
My new navigation system needs to tap into it, but I can't find a diagram that includes it, and don't know where to look. I assume that since my stock radio had the variable speed volume control, it should be in the harness somewhere, but who knows...

Jordy
09-28-2003, 09:22 AM
You might see if Adam at Wired for Sound could help you as the whole stereo dealio is kind of his cup of tea.
Other than that, I'd say hook up a multimeter and drive around testing different sockets in your harness. One of them should have a variance in voltage/amps/ohms as the speed increases to activate the speed volume deal.

Akamatsu
09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
From what I can see in the diagram, it looks like the VSS is a Dark Green and White wire coming directly off the radio.
Akamatsu
P.S. I am assuming you have the in-dash CD player and VSS on your radio, though the other radio with On-Star is also Dk. Green and White, so you should be ok either way.

Froggystyle
09-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Akamatsu:
From what I can see in the diagram, it looks like the VSS is a Dark Green and White wire coming directly off the radio.
Akamatsu
P.S. I am assuming you have the in-dash CD player and VSS on your radio, though the other radio with On-Star is also Dk. Green and White, so you should be ok either way. Thanks a ton. I am going out to try it out right now. I have been building the Sub enclosure all day. I have the in-dash CD, but also On-Star. In any case, this color combo seems to be the concensus, so I will go with it. Thanks for looking it up.

Froggystyle
09-28-2003, 05:58 PM
OK, the green/white wire off the back of the stereo worked great.
Thanks for the help guys.

Akamatsu
09-28-2003, 09:32 PM
Froggystyle:
OK, the green/white wire off the back of the stereo worked great.
Thanks for the help guys. Glad to help. Check your PM's.
Akamatsu