PDA

View Full Version : Chevy 6.0 Exhaust & air intake ????

Riverhound
06-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Looking to upgrade the exhaust and air intake on my 02 2500 HD 6.0
What combos seem to work good for a little more power and milage? I dont want the exhaust loud just a nice solid sound. I put a flowmaster on my last Suburban and that thing was so frigin loud inside it would drive me nuts. eek!
Thanks

buck183
06-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Go here and take a look around. http://tri-stateonline.com
Go to the products section and you be able to look at Borla, K&N, and Air Aid.
This is the warehouse that I buy all the inventory from for my store.
Buck

SuperWrench0166
06-12-2003, 03:50 PM
For exhaust if your looking for better flow with just a slight burble go with gibson .
I personally love the Air Raid Enclosed Air Box if your not gonna be going through alot of water get the snorkle
The air raid throttle body spacer works well
The granatelli mass air flow sensor helps alot

Boozer
06-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Throttle body spacers are worthless. Lots of research has been done on them and all the research shows that they are worthless.
For cold air intakes fabricate your own. $20 woth of ABS pipe and a couple of elbows and a nice K&N air filter.
As far as exhaust goes the factory exhaust piping is most likely good enough. Just throw a glass pack on the factory exhaust.
You'll get a little more power and a little more noise but nothing to drive you crazy.

SchellSchock
06-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I put a 3 Chamber Flowmaster on my last Suburban after the engine rebuild/hopup...I experienced the same un bearable noise levels inside of the truck. I took it back and in talking to the muffler guys, (Valley Muffler here in San Diego), they recommended the Flowmaster "RV" muffler. Same technology, same nice tone on the outside, but due to a "4th" chamber resonance inside the cab was reduced to a nice low pleasant sound.

Riverhound
06-13-2003, 02:48 PM
SchellSchock:
I put a 3 Chamber Flowmaster on my last Suburban after the engine rebuild/hopup...I experienced the same un bearable noise levels inside of the truck. I took it back and in talking to the muffler guys, (Valley Muffler here in San Diego), they recommended the Flowmaster "RV" muffler. Same technology, same nice tone on the outside, but due to a "4th" chamber resonance inside the cab was reduced to a nice low pleasant sound. Thanks Schell Shock,
I know what you mean. At about 70 on the freeway it would reverberate so bad inside it would give a freakin migrine by the time you got to the river. eek!
Someone talk to me some more about this mas air flow deal. What would I gain.
On a side note I ordered up the AirRaid kit today. From everyone I talk to they liked it better then the K&N FIPK. So well see.
River(lookin for more power)Hound :D

buck183
06-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Boozer:
Throttle body spacers are worthless. Lots of research has been done on them and all the research shows that they are worthless.
For cold air intakes fabricate your own. $20 woth of ABS pipe and a couple of elbows and a nice K&N air filter.
As far as exhaust goes the factory exhaust piping is most likely good enough. Just throw a glass pack on the factory exhaust.
You'll get a little more power and a little more noise but nothing to drive you crazy. Whew! Good thing I don't have to rely on people like you to make a living.
Buck

Raskal
06-14-2003, 12:46 AM
i got the magna flow exhaust / k&n open air intake and hypertech chip .it runs real good and not to loud :D
[ June 14, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Raskal ]