PDA

View Full Version : Weld wheels w/ 35" BFG's for sale

Froggystyle
10-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Sorry for the spam, but I am offing the tires and wheels on my truck to make room for new ones.
Tires are 35x12.5 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's with less than 6 thou on them. Great condition
Wheels are nearly new 16.5 x 9.25 Weld Racing "Mountain Crusher" Forged aluminum wheels. Nearly perfect shape.
New, mounted and balanced they were right around $2500. Selling them for $1500 obo.
Thought I would try here first. Next stop is E-bay if nobody needs them.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/tire_collage_copy.jpg
Sorry for the spam.

Froggystyle
10-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Oh, and they are 8 lug pattern for the 2500 HD.

JetBoatRich
10-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Those are nice, what did you replace them with?

Froggystyle
10-08-2003, 11:27 PM
A new bigger set for SEMA. Looks like I am going with KMC XD Series "Encore" 18" wheels, and 37" BFG's.
Soooo stoked.

Froggystyle
10-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Still for sale guys... I am hitting e-bay tonight with them.

SMOKIE
10-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Do you have any Trident boat pictures?
[ October 17, 2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: SMOKIE ]

Cole Sanger
10-18-2003, 04:05 PM
How much were those rims? I just bought the same tires from Discount and had them installed with the road hazard insurance and paid less than 900 out the door. I already had the rims.

Lightning
10-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Cole Sanger
How much were those rims? I just bought the same tires from Discount and had them installed with the road hazard insurance and paid less than 900 out the door. I already had the rims.
I did not know that Discount Tire sold Weld. That's a really good price for those wheels in an 8 lug with the center Conehead caps. What size were yours??

TOBTEK
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Great looking truck Wes! Question for you about yours, how much lift is on it? I was gonna do the RCD 6"(KAB SPECIAL), but am afraid it may be to tall for me....... Eliminator motorsports in Santee is telling me to do the new Trailmaster 4" kit which is set up just like the RCD kit and with 33" procomp's...they say it will look awesome and not to tall....IF the truck would ever come in to Escondido GMC that is:mad:

mbrown2
10-22-2003, 03:38 PM
So Toby, you getting another truck? Is that 3 in twelve months....j/k...:D

TOBTEK
10-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
So Toby, you getting another truck? Is that 3 in twelve months....j/k...:D
yes, as a matter a fact it is:D have had this 1/2 ton Z71 GMC for 6 months and the new 3/4 ton has been on order for about two of those..hehehehe. I wanted the duramax Crewcab the first time, but didnt want to spend the extra $$$$$$$. My buddy at the Escondido dealership is really pimpin me out, I have to do it....not a option! Funny that wifie doesnt see it that way, BUT she likes her new X5 thats three weeks old:rolleyes:

mbrown2
10-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Thats sounds cool...Al'Co holic just got the 2500HD Duramax, and I hear it is bad ass..

TOBTEK
10-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Thats sounds cool...Al'Co holic just got the 2500HD Duramax, and I hear it is bad ass..
spoke to him yesterday about a X5 for the wife unit. didnt know he bought a D-max. Wish we could get a truck built with the GM ride, and the ford motor and interior.......allways a trade off:rolleyes:

Cole Sanger
10-22-2003, 09:16 PM
I did not know that Discount Tire sold Weld. That's a really good price for those wheels in an 8 lug with the center Conehead caps. What size were yours??
The tires were 900, I don't know if discount sells weld or not. As for the size, they are 315/75R16's. Here is a pic with the old MTR's. I don't have any with the AT's. As for the question on lift size, bigger is better. I have a 6" Superlift on mine with 35" tires and not a day goes by when someone (usually in a ford because all you need is blocks to lift them) pulls up next to me with a taller truck :mad:. Not to mention that after you drive it with a lift for a week or two, it will start feeling shorter and shorter.

Fhat Cat
10-23-2003, 07:38 AM
price seems a little high ....... as for me, love my duramax HD but I am strickly stock donot want to mess with the great ride, drives like a caddy. nice boat Cole :)

al cole'holic
10-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Fhat Cat
price seems a little high ....... as for me, love my duramax HD but I am strickly stock donot want to mess with the great ride, drives like a caddy. nice boat Cole :)
...yeah it drives like a caddy until you hit the 118 heading for the 405,then it rides like an RM80 :D
What up Froggy, still got 'em?? :D

UnionJack
11-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Are you going bigger

Fhat Cat
11-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
...yeah it drives like a caddy until you hit the 118 heading for the 405,then it rides like an RM80 :D
What up Froggy, still got 'em?? :D You must be thinking about the Ford:wink: ... No really you are right but just a short amount of it on the 405. You have to have the gas on just like riding an RM 80 you just fly over it all!!:D Do you think a 4in lift on a 2500 hd duramax 2 wheel drive would effect the ride of the truck , good or bad?

mbrown2
11-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Not sure about a 4" lift, but my brother did the 3" Spindle lift with Blocks in back...with 33" BFG/AT's. on his 02 2500HD...With the Spindle's you are not really changing too much of the Steering or Suspension Geometry, so you keep much of the stock feel...
I did a 4" Rancho on my 02 Supercrew 4x4, I actually think it rides better than stock...not wishy washy, but not too stiff...When you go 6", you can still maintain a comfortable ride; when you add dual shock kits up front and such it starts to get stiffer...
My .02:)

Fhat Cat
11-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Not sure about a 4" lift, but my brother did the 3" Spindle lift with Blocks in back...with 33" BFG/AT's. on his 02 2500HD...With the Spindle's you are not really changing too much of the Steering or Suspension Geometry, so you keep much of the stock feel...
I did a 4" Rancho on my 02 Supercrew 4x4, I actually think it rides better than stock...not wishy washy, but not too stiff...When you go 6", you can still maintain a comfortable ride; when you add dual shock kits up front and such it starts to get stiffer...
My .02:) Is your borthers a 2 wheel drive? Which kit did he use? Who did the install? Is he happy with the ride?
I want to leave it stock. My son wants me to lift it and my wife wants me to lower it. I may be getting out voted so I thought Id look into all options.
But hey its my truck I say!!!

Froggystyle
11-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Wheels are sold...

mbrown2
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Fhat Cat
Is your borthers a 2 wheel drive? Which kit did he use? Who did the install? Is he happy with the ride?
I want to leave it stock. My son wants me to lift it and my wife wants me to lower it. I may be getting out voted so I thought Id look into all options.
But hey its my truck I say!!!
Fabtech Spindles and Blocks...ride is like stock....He had Creative Truck Lift (CTL Motorsport) in Ontario do it...No issues so far; he has had it for 10 months...