PDA

View Full Version : Transmission temperature gauge

Tom Brown
04-09-2003, 11:09 PM
I have a small boat and tow with a car (Nissan Maxima). It occurs to me that it would be of value to install a transmission fluid temperature gauge.
I'd like something that is as small as possible because I don't want to hack up my interior. My local speed shops only have 2" round gauges and chrome brackets for underdash mounting. Does anyone know where I can find something small and tasteful?
Thanks,
Tom
[ April 10, 2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

SchellSchock
04-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Go To www.summitracing.com (http://www.summitracing.com) they have a pretty decent gage selection

STV_Keith
04-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Tom, 2" is about as small as you will find and read easily. Autometer makes them with a black face, black bezel with white writing and a red needle. Called their "Z" series. 100-250* sweep
You can also get a black gauge cup or a black universal "L" bracket for them.
Now, if you don't mind it saying water temp instead of trans temp, Autometer also makes a 1.5" 100-280* gauge in their auto gage lineup. Not as good looking, but smaller.

Jordy
04-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Tom Brown:
Does anyone know where I can find something small and tasteful?You mean something to match your avatar perhaps??? :D :D :D
Isn't duck season around the corner anyway?

Tom Brown
04-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Guys (yes, even you Jordy). :)
I think I'm going to check out that small Autometer gauge.

Chase
04-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey Tom, I don't know if you found your guage yet, but I knoe B & M makes a 1 5/8" guage that looks pretty sweet and comes with all the hardware to mount the sender in-line vs in the pan.
I mounted the guage in the dash of my '78 chev and it looks quite nice.
I also have in my 98 GMC 1500 an Autometer 1 5/8 in a black bezel that also looks good.

Tom Brown
04-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey, thanks Chase. I haven't picked a gauge up yet.
That B&M gauge sounds perfect. May I ask where you found it? I get to Saskatoon once in a while (I'm in Regina). :)
-- Tom

Chase
05-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Hey Tom, I see that there is a web page for Glastron owners that you are involved in. Looking around this web site we can see that the majority of the browsers are concentrated in the US. I think you should try to create further interest in your site and create a canadian "hot boat" style web page with forums, advertisers, etc. Like the kwicherbichens web page????

Tom Brown
05-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I hope to have the forums online in the next couple of weeks. My original plan was to make it Saskatchewan only but maybe I should make it for western Canada.
Thanks for the note on the gauge. Abe V. screwed me on some stuff about 20 years ago and I haven't been back since. I guess I enjoy a boycott. :D Anyway, I'll look up the part number of the kit and someone will bring it in for me. Thanks again. :)
-- Tom :)

Jrocket
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
Tom,buy a truck. :D

Tom Brown
05-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I can't buy a truck. If I did, I'd have to take up smoking and listen to country music. :D

Chase
05-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Yeah there have been mixed opinions on Abe. Anyway, just because you drive a truck doesn't mean you have to smoke or listen to that country stuff. The only smoke you may want to do is the tires.
Yeah, let me know about any updates on the web page.

HOSS
05-05-2003, 08:41 AM
You could always buy a truck and put a rainbow sticker in the back window. :p

HavasuDreamin'
05-07-2003, 07:15 AM
HOSS:
You could always buy a truck and put a rainbow sticker in the back window. :p Now that was funny.............. :D :D
Tom........you forgot the gun rack in the back. :p