PDA

View Full Version : Who else tow's with a Chevy Avalanche?

Lightning
12-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I have a Chevy Avalanche that I tow my Ultra with and I was just wondering if anyone else has this truck? Do you like the way it tows? Have you had any issues with tranny holding up, brakes, etc....?

NashvilleBound
12-02-2002, 07:52 PM
I was jumping on the thread here to give you grief about driving a Chebby, but then I saw you have an Ultra...man, talk about raining on my parade! :D I hate when that happens......

Lightning
12-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Sorry to bum you out. If it's any consolation, I looked at an F250 once.

nhbuoy
12-03-2002, 11:12 AM
AAHHH the AVALANCHE...A twuck only an engineer could love!!!Supposedly they tow pretty good but they're so ugly I wouldn't want to be seen in one!!!I hope you have a real dark tint on the windows!!!Maybe the ULTRA will distract them and they won't notice what's towing it!!!hahahaha...Just kiding...I couldn't resist!!!

Lightning
12-03-2002, 03:00 PM
I agree, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing vehilce to look at, however it is pretty functional. It drives like a caddy too. After a new set of Weld Wheels, it doesn't look too bad.

nhbuoy
12-03-2002, 04:58 PM
HEY LIGHTNING...I was just bustin' em...CHEVYS aren't my cup of tea but they do make a hell of a truck!!!My bud across the street from me has one & it is VERY plush & tows great...Since I drive a DURANGO we ALWAYS make fun of each other!!!It was even worse when I had my BRONCO!!!HAPPY MOTORING!!!BTW...Another friend is a CHEVY guy & he has had problems with the steering boxes on both a SUBURBAN & a full size CHEVY van...no tranny probs tho...I've found that if it's going to break, it will USUALLY do so b4 the warranty runs out...It's pretty rare to get a lemon these days...All the manufacturers are trying to make a good long lasting product...Competition works!!!

Catfever
12-03-2002, 05:35 PM
What'ssss UP Lightning,Hey ckeck with 28 sportCat he has a 02 Avalache 2500 with the 496 and 410 rear gears.He said it a great truck for the job.He tows a 28CAT about 7400 pounds.I think I May get one to tow my NEw 30 HTM after the new year.Good Luck with your truck.

cyclone
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
that avalanche is built on the suburban platform so any tech bulletins considering the drivetrain or brakes on a 'burban should apply to your truck.

Sydwayz
12-16-2002, 03:41 PM
I have an Avalanche 2500 (8.1L w 4spd Auto) that I tow with, and I love it. It pulls my 7000lb 26' Sonic loaded with all the crap like nobody's business.
The truck has:
K&N Custom FIPK
HyperTech PPIII
Custom true duals, all polished SS, w/ Flowmaster 50s
Billet Grill
Billet Bowtie
Rear Sportwing
Spray-in Scorpion Liner
Enkay Rock Tamers
ARE Outlaw II Rims
Cooper Discover AT Tires
Catch-All carpet floormats
Lund Hood Protector
Weathertech Window Visors
Air Lift rear airbags
Westin nerf bars
and every option; less the snow plow package.
My tranny had a problem from the factory, but after 3 trips to the dealer, they fixed it. The fluid pump was crap.

Lightning
12-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Sydwayz:
I have an Avalanche 2500 (8.1L w 4spd Auto) that I tow with, and I love it. It pulls my 7000lb 26' Sonic loaded with all the crap like nobody's business.
The truck has:
K&N Custom FIPK
HyperTech PPIII
Custom true duals, all polished SS, w/ Flowmaster 50s
Billet Grill
Billet Bowtie
Rear Sportwing
Spray-in Scorpion Liner
Enkay Rock Tamers
ARE Outlaw II Rims
Cooper Discover AT Tires
Catch-All carpet floormats
Lund Hood Protector
Weathertech Window Visors
Air Lift rear airbags
Westin nerf bars
and every option; less the snow plow package.
My tranny had a problem from the factory, but after 3 trips to the dealer, they fixed it. The fluid pump was crap.You should check out this website: Avalanche (http://www.cafcna.com)

Sydwayz
12-17-2002, 06:28 PM
I am already there Lightning. Thanks!!!