PDA

View Full Version : Chevy vs. Ford Diesels

Stoked
02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
I am about ready to sell the dually and am seriously considering a Diesel. I have never owned a Ford but the new ford 4X4 crew cab sure looks nice. However I prefer the interior on the Chevy's. I have spoken to the owners of both trucks and they love them both. Any opinios?
Thanks Steve

HammerDown
02-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com)...I'm a owner of a Ford Diesel from 1988, Great truck,looks and rides like new never let me down, ever. Aside from the usual things like brakes, mufflers, and such, the integrity of the truck is still rock solid!
I've been hearing so-so things about the Duramax motors, the Alison trans is great but not enough reason to by a Chevy Diesel...at least not for me. And the look of the new Chevy with its slanted eyes look...well, I'll just leave that one alone.
As far as Dodge, I can take it or leave it, I've been in alot of them and to me they just feel cheap and problematic...And especially with what I've seen with my neighbors late model 99 Dodge truck with only 20 thousand miles its always causing him some king of Aggravation (not the motor)....but I like the idea of a inline 6 Diesel Cummins motor with less moving parts, but the truck around it isnt for me.
For the longest time I've been a Union Teamster auto hauler...so I drive everything, and as well talk to alot of dealerships and see whats being fixed or what the secret issues are with most vehicles...for a Diesel truck its Ford...hands down.
Sorry no comments about the imports from me...I'll never own ANY vehicle with a Foreign yuk name plat...even if its built in MY Country!...but thats another subject.
The above comments are just my opinions...nothing more or less.

hot_diggity_dog
02-20-2003, 11:27 AM
I am about ready to sell the dually and am seriously considering a Diesel. I have never owned a Ford but the new ford 4X4 crew cab sure looks nice. However I prefer the interior on the Chevy's. I have spoken to the owners of both trucks and they love them both. Any opinios? Buy a Dodge :D :D :D :D
HDD :cool:

OOfatso
02-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Yo,
Buy a Chevy!!!! Duramax is awesome!!!!
"OO"fatso
eek!

hot_diggity_dog
02-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Yo, Buy a Chevy!!!! Duramax is awesome!!! Hey OOfatso,
I'll race you in that Awesome Duramax :( in my Dodge! :p :D :cool: :D

San Diego
02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Just got my new Chevy with the Duramax/Allison combo and can't drive it enough. Boy is it quite! Interior is extemely nice as well. Just depends on personal preferences.

Jrocket
02-20-2003, 10:41 PM
HammerDown:
Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com) Are you a member over there? Do you use the same name?

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 07:08 AM
Jrocket:
HammerDown:
Heres a great site for Ford Diesels that I'm always on(www.thedieselstop.com) Are you a member over there? Do you use the same name? Sorry to say no...someone else has it :mad: ...never see it used though!...HammerDown is mine on all my other sites :D .
[ February 21, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 07:12 AM
Stoked, ya might want to hold out until Ford comes out with there new 6 liter Diesel...its also going to be used in there 04 250 trucks.
Could be something to consider...I'm pretty sure there new F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6'bed will be my new Truck.

Snowboat
02-21-2003, 08:54 AM
If you're going to buy a diesel tow vehicle, you want a crew cab. Ford's have the most room, especially in the back. I'm waiting for a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison.

HammerDown
02-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Snowboat:
If you're going to buy a diesel tow vehicle, you want a crew cab. Ford's have the most room, especially in the back. I'm waiting for a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison. Cummins in a Ford...When and where did ya here that?

haulina29
02-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Last year i bought a
ford 550 and had a hauler bed made for it i pull a 48 foot trailer and it is awsome .It has plenty of power stops excellent and gets shitty mileage lol . I am a gm fan all the way but the ford diesel is the only way to go I have towed with the gm and the ford and they arent even in the same league .It smokes over the grapevine loaded where the gm ran like a snail, I am loaded with 20k lbs of trailer and gear hope this helps.

Stoked
02-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Last weekend on the way to the river me the wife and kids were going up the sunnit at about 75. Flying past was a Ford Diesel with a 25' enclosed trailer I nearly got out to see if I had stopped!
Unreal performance!!! Got home contacted Gale Banks Engineering. They really like the Ford trucks. I have driven both the Chevy and Ford they are both awsome. The more I know the more confused I feel?

Kilrtoy
02-21-2003, 08:14 PM
I agree with Stoked ford interiors are weak and chevys have alot nice interior,But why are you buying it, for the interior or to pull some heavy shit and not worry. Chevy CAN NOT EVEN COMPARE TO A FORD DIESEL. Hands down ford all the way.

NashvilleBound
02-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Personaly I think the new rigs are about even for styling and power. I never thought I would say that about a Chevy. Tho....I tow my boat with my Ford and ChaddyShack tows his 5th wheel with the new Chevy whenever we go "camping". We go to dinner with 5 of us big guys and we can barely sqeeze in...we go to the lake the next day in my Ford and its very comfy.... comes down to personal preference. I am waiting till 04 for the new Tonka styled Ford 450 with the 6 litre.
Good Luck, NB

Jordy
02-23-2003, 07:58 PM
HammerDown:
Cummins in a Ford...When and where did ya here that? They've been talking about it for years and years... looking at a V8 Come-a-part was the last version I heard.
Right along the lines of a Cat in the Chevy's, but that proved to be cost prohibitive and the 3116 or even the 3126 is a nice motor, but too heavy for a 3/4 or 1 ton truck and up until recently Perkins was doing all the little motors for Cat. It may happen someday.

rrrr
02-23-2003, 08:28 PM
My new Excursion has the 6.0L diesel and the 5 speed auto. It has more HP and torque than the 7.3L Powerstroke and goes like hell. Having five gears, the power is really linear. Very quiet too, at 40 MPH and above you can't tell it's a diesel.
The engine has an exhaust brake for towing, and the tranny has a replaceable cartridge filter and a dashboard temp gauge. According to Ford the tranny is good for 250,000 miles. It looks like it, it's a big mofo.
I am doing all of my driving in town right now and according to the computer I'm getting 15.5 MPG. With the 44 gallon tank I'm buying fuel every two weeks or so.
It makes the Dodge look like stone age stuff and outpowers the Duramax. International builds the engine.
[ February 23, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Jordy
02-23-2003, 08:31 PM
rrrr:
International builds the engine. They've been building the diesels for Ford since they were running the 6.9 Navistar back in the 80's, then the 7.3 Navistar (pre-Powerstroke) and I'll say they have come a long way. :D

Desert Rat
02-24-2003, 11:38 AM
If your going to get a Crew Cab, Ford has the biggest Cab of the three. The back seat can fit full sized adults with plenty on leg room.

Stoked
02-24-2003, 02:14 PM
I drove trucks all day yesterday. The Chevy has a smoother ride and is way quieter than the Ford. The Ford is considerably roomier but overall the Chevy has more creature comforts. On the street (not towing) the two trucks, powerwise felt very similar. I know the Fords are a great ride but, I think it's Chevy for me. The most I am going to tow is 3 quads in the bed, 224 Stoker, the wife, kids and the dog. I think I'll be fine.
Thanks for all you input
Steve
Thanks Steve

waterloged
02-25-2003, 02:03 PM
They don't make hop up parts for the Chevy like they do for the Fords. They have tryed it on the Chevy's and it just blows the bottom end right out of the motors. So if you want more power you are stuck with what you have unless you pick Ford.

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:44 PM
waterloged:
They don't make hop up parts for the Chevy like they do for the Fords. Really? Might want to take a look at this site here:
Diesel Dynamics (http://www.dieseldynamics.com/)

San Diego
02-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Stoked, you will be happy. I finally hit 500 miles and wish I could keep driving. Like you said, very smooth ride. I drove through the mountain of So. Cal last weekend with a small load, 345 miles and got 14.8 mpg. Can't wait for in to break in. Good luck!

waterloged
02-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Really? Might want to take a look at this site here:
wow I guess I didn't know that.

TANG-INATOR
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
I TOO POST ON THE DIESELSTOP.COM....FORD MAKES WAY MORE HOP UPS FOR THESE DIESELS LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE! AND ITLL YANK YOUR HOUSE OFF ITS FOUNDATIONS TOO IF YA WANT IT TO!! jawdrop ...ROB

SoCalOffshore
02-27-2003, 09:25 AM
Test drove the Chevy with the Duramax and Allison yesterday and it was awesome. Quiet and real fast. Motor Trend tested both 8100 Vortec and the Duramax. Zero to 60 the Duramax was only 1/10 of a second slower at 8.4 seconds. When towing, the Duramax was faster 0 to 60. I will be ordering a 2500 HD 4x4 crew cab this weekend.

BoatFloating
02-27-2003, 10:16 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
Yo, Buy a Chevy!!!! Duramax is awesome!!! Hey OOfatso,
I'll race you in that Awesome Duramax :( in my Dodge! :p :D :cool: :D
HDD :cool: HDD, I'd take you up on that with my Dura-wax that ass. wink

BoatFloating
02-27-2003, 10:27 AM
If you don't think they are making HP for the Duramax go here. http://shop.flashecom.com/pmtchips/product.asp?pf_id=5100EX&dept_id=01-003-001.
Go Duramax/Allison and leave the Lego interior design to the Ford people.

hot_diggity_dog
03-03-2003, 07:34 AM
HDD, I'd take you up on that with my Dura-wax that ass. Boat Floating,
Put up a picture and your upgrades in the diesel thread.
[ March 03, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

todd gerstenberger
03-03-2003, 08:16 AM
first of all to all you dodge owners, bet you didnt realize those dodge trucks powered by a cummins d.i. are owned by FORD! FORDowns the rights to the cummins diesel, they also put the cummins in all their 650-up as an option.also the new FORD 6.0 diesel has been proven more powerful in speed and torque than the chevrolet duramax! i personally had the chance to test the new FORD6.0 against the isuzu duramax and was blown away by how the Ford just dusted the chevy...the dodge was still trying to get started! jawdrop

hot_diggity_dog
03-03-2003, 09:33 AM
first of all to all you dodge owners, bet you didnt realize those dodge trucks powered by a cummins d.i. are owned by FORD! Come on Todd G, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you were talking to HDD, did you think I just fell off the Turnip truck? :confused:
You lost the bet with me, so pay up.
You must have just read it on their website, this is old news. eek!
idea Your talking the Smack so post a picture of your Diesel rig and your upgrades in the diesels section if you own one. jawdrop
[ March 03, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

Jordy
03-03-2003, 10:34 AM
todd gerstenberger:
first of all to all you dodge owners, bet you didnt realize those dodge trucks powered by a cummins d.i. are owned by FORD! FORDowns the rights to the cummins dieselNewsflash: Ford doesn't own Cummins. Last number I found was 7% of the shares of public stock. They have an agreement with Cummins and have been working on something for years. To say that Ford owns Cummins is a stretch. That's like saying Chevy owns Isuzu for the Duramax or that they own Cat for the 3126 that ends up in the Top Kick's. :D

hot_diggity_dog
03-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Newsflash: Ford doesn't own Cummins. Last number I found was 7% of the shares of public stock. They have an agreement with Cummins and have been working on something for years. To say that Ford owns Cummins is a stretch. That's like saying Chevy owns Isuzu for the Duramax or that they own Cat for the 3126 that ends up in the Top Kick's. JP,
We need to change your name to the principal. idea LOL
Since you have to keep setting the record straight in so many threads,
we could tell them to just go the Principal's office for the answer. :(
A good rule of thumb is see how many of the old timer's are towing their 5th wheels and trailers with Dodge's wink argue
before Ford put in the intercooler and Chevy came out with the Duramax. eek!
It was 80% Dodge. :rolleyes:
I'm not bias and would buy anything brand that met my needs.

todd gerstenberger
03-03-2003, 02:32 PM
where did you find your public records at the kids library? just a little f.y.i. i am a service director for one of the largest ford dealers in town, also one of my family members is the lead designer in the truck division for ford..thats funny where did you say you got 7% of public stock? wow! thats why dodge has until the end of 2004 to design and build their own diesel...try again. argue

HammerDown
03-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Hey Todd, since your with Ford...how about a little insite to when the new body change will be out for the F250's. And also is Ford going to put a smaller Diesel in the new Tonka F150 Crew Cab's ?
Thanks for any info...your friendly Ford owner.
[ March 03, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Jordy
03-03-2003, 05:05 PM
todd gerstenberger:
wow! thats why dodge has until the end of 2004 to design and build their own diesel...try again. argue F.Y.I. Just because Dodge could be losing the Come-apart contract doesn't mean Ford owns Cummins. There have been threats for the last 10 years by Cummins to pull that contract. One threat ended up with the redesign of the body from the 80's-early 90's square design, to the '94 or so body style change. Dodge was selling trucks because of the powerplant plain and simple and the trucks were falling apart around it. Cummins was going to sue to get out of it then and Ford was going to get a Cummins option. Dodge redesigned the body and dodged a bullet (no pun intended). Now that contract is up and Ford is in the position to pick up the Cummins option. It has nothing to do with them "owning" Cummins just like I stated before.

Jordy
03-03-2003, 05:15 PM
todd gerstenberger:
where did you find your public records at the kids library? just a little f.y.i. i am a service director for one of the largest ford dealers in town, also one of my family members is the lead designer in the truck division for ford..thats funny where did you say you got 7% of public stock? wow! I guess you're right, that 7% figure was from almost 10 years ago. Here is the stock share ownership breakdown from the last meeting. Don't see Ford anywhere on it.
PRINCIPAL SECURITY OWNERSHIP
The following table identifies those shareholders known to the Company to be the beneficial owners of more than five percent of the Common Stock of the Company and shows as to each such shareholder as of February 11, 2002 (i) the number of shares beneficially owned by such shareholder(s) and the nature of such beneficial ownership and (ii) the percentage of the entire class of Common Stock so beneficially owned:
Amount and Nature
of Beneficial Ownership
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Percent
of Class
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cummins Inc.
Collective Investment Trust
for Pension Plans
c/o The Northern Trust Company
50 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60675 # of Shares: 3,700,000 % of Class: 8.96 %
Cummins Inc.
Employee Benefits Trust
c/o The Vanguard Fiduciary
Trust Company
500 Admiral Nelson Blvd.
Malvern, PA 19355
Number of shares: 3,145,942 (1) Percent of class: 7.62%
Capital Research and
Management Company
333 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Number of shares: 2,600,430 (2) Percent of class: 6.30 %
(1)
The source of this information is a Schedule 13G dated February 14, 2002 disclosing beneficial ownership by Vanguard. Vanguard states in its 13G that it has shared voting and investment powers for all of the shares.
(2)
The source of this information is a Schedule 13G dated February 11, 2002 disclosing beneficial ownership by Capital. Capital states in its 13G that it has sole investment power for all of the shares and no voting power with respect to any of the shares.
That came right off their proxy form from the last shareholders meeting. Here is the link off the Securities and Exchange Commission website:
Cummins 2002 proxy report. (http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/26172/000091205702008352/a2071171zdef14a.htm)
Any other f.y.i.'s you want me to address while I'm at the kid's library?

Jrocket
03-03-2003, 05:50 PM
jordanpaulk:
Any other f.y.i.'s you want me to address while I'm at the kid's library? jawdrop

todd gerstenberger
03-04-2003, 09:40 AM
hammerdown, the bodystlye on the f250 is not scheduled to be changed (maybe) until "05". but ford is building a smaller class diesel engine to put into the f150, we hope to see test trucks late "04"..i hear they are going to be pretty powerful for the size. the new bodystyle for the f-150 coming out in august is f#^&%$@ cool! the new 5.4 litre with over 300hp will also help.oh by the way jordanpaulk thats some fancy stuff you pulled up,i dont believe i seen where dodge owned cummins 100%. am i blind? call your nearest ford dealer and ask to order a f750 with a cummins,they will say no problem. but maybe they will have to send a parts runner to dodge for the engine! i sit on the dealer board and one of the items we look at is our investment portfolio and i can assure you ford has a large foot in the door when it comes to cummins.whats up on nasdaq today? smile_sp

Jordy
03-04-2003, 09:58 AM
todd gerstenberger:
oh by the way jordanpaulk thats some fancy stuff you pulled up,i dont believe i seen where dodge owned cummins 100%. am i blind? You must be. Point out where I said anything about Dodge owning Cummins. You might be a service writer, but you've made it clear that you don't have the first ****ing clue about how contracts between manufacturers and power suppliers work.
For the last time, and I'm typing slow, so perhaps you'll understand it.
Dodge doesn't own Cummins.
Ford doesn't own Cummins.
Cummins is it's own company.
Chevrolet doesn't own Isuzu (Duramax).
Chevrolet doesn't own Cat either. (I'll get to this in a minute).
They have contracts to supply the motors for the vehicles.
Oh, and by the way, The F650 has been available with a Cummins engine for at least the last 6 years. Maintainer Service Trucks of that size all had Cummins in them. Maintainer doesn't own Cummins either. The Top Kick and Kodiak models are availible with a Cat 3126. Chevrolet and GM don't own Caterpillar. The 4500 and 5500 Chevrolet service trucks come with an option of a Duramax or an 8.1 gas motor. Chevrolet still doesn't own Isuzu.

HammerDown
03-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Todd, thanks for the reply...I'll be looking to at the new F150 with the smaller Diesel sipping motor.(4x4 crew cab 6' bed). I really dont need the extra beef of a F250 anymore.
One more thing...will it be a Ford Diesel or International Diesel?...thanks for any info.
[ March 04, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

todd gerstenberger
03-04-2003, 01:45 PM
hammerdown, it will be with an international d.i. get me some info on how to contact you and i'll get you some of the first literature that comes out..it might be a few months out on the literature. hey jordanpaulk sounds like you have way to much time on your hands! i guess if they will continue to pay me what i'm bieng paid to be a service advisor, then cool! sorry to tell you this but your talking out your ass! just because these companies are the underlying power suppliers does not mean they own the majority in stock options...so blow me....all the way to the bank with my service advisors paycheck. :D

STV_Keith
03-04-2003, 01:50 PM
BoatFloating:
HDD, I'd take you up on that with my Dura-wax that ass. wink I'll take seconds on that with one of our Dodges...how about the lower power one?
I would assume you don't want any of this one:
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/blue-sema3small.jpg
devil :cool: :cool:
The lower power one only makes 740hp and runs 11's, so bring your big guns. eek!
[ March 04, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: STV_Keith ]

HammerDown
03-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Todd, thanks...I sent ya an E-Mail...Anticipation is gona be a killer here.

Jordy
03-04-2003, 03:02 PM
todd gerstenberger:
hey jordanpaulk sounds like you have way to much time on your hands! [/b]
Bring on the personal attacks since you don't have an intelligent leg to stand on and have proved that thus far in this discussion.
i guess if they will continue to pay me what i'm bieng paid to be a service advisor, then cool! sorry to tell you this but your talking out your ass! [/b]
Certainly doesn't say much for where you work. Do they think Ford owns Cummins too? Perhaps your boss just has a great sense of humor keeping you around. I've always said, "Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch." He must think the same thing.
[b] just because these companies are the underlying power suppliers does not mean they own the majority in stock options...so blow me....all the way to the bank with my service advisors paycheck. :D No wonder Sleek didn't want to deal with you. Are you really that much of a moron? You are the one saying that Ford owns Cummins. Not me.
I'd tell you to point out where exactly I've talked out my ass, but further discussion with you has proven pointless as you can't grasp a simple concept, so I quit.
Do you have any idea what has been posted? Why don't you read back up and see what you've been saying versus what I've been saying.
As far as telling me to blow you? Why don't you go fist yourself.

hot_diggity_dog
03-04-2003, 03:47 PM
hey jordanpaulk,
sorry to tell you this but your talking out your ass!
so blow me....all the way to the bank with my service advisors paycheck.
Hey WTF Todd, :rolleyes:
We need a lot of things on these boards, :p but one thing we don't need is comment's like yours. eek!
Chill out dude :D read what you post and the replies, and if you can't deal with those simple little rules then. idea
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/516/55stfu-med.jpg

twistedpair
03-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Wow Todd, Stevinson Golden Ford (http://www.stevinsonsgoldenford.com/f_index.html?noc=1) must be proud to have an eloquent spokesman such as yourself representing their product.
And oh yeah, Why do they put tow hooks on the front of fords? http://members.aol.com/jordy1996/images/fords%20suck2.jpg

TANK
03-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Why is it that Ford only puts Cummins diesels in their heavy duty trucks from from F650 up??Maybe cause they are to powerful fort the 1 tons and such.If they did they couldn't sell any more powerjokes.

Just Tool'n
03-04-2003, 09:02 PM
I thought that GM owned 51% share of Isuzu, Now I know was a few years back, & we all know that things in Detroit change as fast as we change our socks! My thought of Dodge is now that DaimlerMercedes is owner or part owner will we see Mercedes Diesels in Dodge trucks, Alot like you can only get a Mercedes Motors in all big Freightliner trucks now in Calif, & can not get a Cuimmins in a Freightliner in 2003. All I know is Isuzu builds some pretty big engines up to the size that go in big ships.

todd gerstenberger
03-05-2003, 08:17 AM
i think if you all read up you can see were the personal attacks started.(j.p.)your right though who really cares who owns what! sorry if i offended anyone, thanks for posting my job twisted sales are sky-rocketing.jsut a quick note, you guys talk about personal attacks so what i gather from your last posts is that its o.k. for you? sleeping

Jordy
03-05-2003, 08:42 AM
todd gerstenberger:
i think if you all read up you can see were the personal attacks started.(j.p.)If we can all see, why is it necessary for the (j.p)? You started this whole deal. I stuck with the facts until I was told to "blow you."
your right though who really cares who owns what!Obviously not you as you don't get it.
thanks for posting my job twisted sales are sky-rocketing.I'm sure people are flocking by the thousands from So. Cal, Arizona and all the other places represented on the boards to have an opportunity to deal with an intellectual giant like yourself. Hell, you've impressed me so much, I'll be up there for my next purchase too. (That was heavy sarcasm in case you missed it).
Funny thing, with all this going on, I'm hearing more of the Sleek side of the story and apparently you are just a peach to deal with. :D
Have a nice day.

todd gerstenberger
03-05-2003, 08:48 AM
MY BAG! I THINK MOST OF YOU HAVE SOME GREAT OPINIONS TO OFFER AND I AGREE THE PERSONAL ATTACKS SHOULD BE LEFT OUT. SO AGAIN MY BAG! J.P. LETS START OVER, THANKS FOR THE INPUT ON THE CUMMINS MY SOURCE COULD BE WAY OFF BASE. TO BE HONEST I HAVE HAD THE OPPOURTUNITY TO DRIVE DURAMAX,CUMMINS,AND THE 6.0 FORD AND THEY ALL PERFORM GREAT IT JUST DEPENDS ON YOUR LIKINGS..SORRY HAD A BRAIN FART YESTERDAY! smile_sp

Jordy
03-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Cool. No problem man. Slate's clean. :D

todd gerstenberger
03-05-2003, 08:56 AM
[ March 05, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: todd gerstenberger ]

todd gerstenberger
03-05-2003, 09:02 AM
THANKS! BY THE WAY WE ARE HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW 6.0 BUILT BEFORE MARCH/01. IF ANYONE IS GOING TO PURCHASE MAKE SURE BUILD DATE IS AFTER 03/15/03 THAT IS WHEN ENGINEERING IS GOING TO HAVE A NEW FLASH FOR THE PROCESSORS. JORDAN, SO DOES THIS MEAN YOU OWE ME BEERS OR DO I OWE YOU? (WHAT KIND AND WERE DO I SEND IT) :)

hot_diggity_dog
03-05-2003, 09:05 AM
WOW, eek! eek!
I think this calls for a group hug. :rolleyes: NOT :D
P.S. Please send the Heinekens to me

Jordy
03-05-2003, 09:09 AM
todd gerstenberger:
JORDAN, SO DOES THIS MEAN YOU OWE ME BEERS OR DO I OWE YOU? (WHAT KIND AND WERE DO I SEND IT) :) Don't sweat it. We'll settle up at the river sometime. I seem to have some kind of magical cooler that stays full of beer. :D

todd gerstenberger
03-05-2003, 09:13 AM
HDD, YOU WILL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR COORS SINCE THE BREWERY IS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET. "SORRY" WOULDNT YOU MUCH RATHER HAVE A NICE BOTTLE OF WHISKEY? THATS EASIER TO SEND. smile_sp

hot_diggity_dog
03-05-2003, 09:25 AM
If I drink to much I will end up like Hoss eek! LOL :D :D

03-05-2003, 10:14 AM
STV_Keith:
BoatFloating:
HDD, I'd take you up on that with my Dura-wax that ass. wink I'll take seconds on that with one of our Dodges...how about the lower power one?
I would assume you don't want any of this one:
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/blue-sema3small.jpg
devil :cool: :cool:
The lower power one only makes 740hp and runs 11's, so bring your big guns. eek! If that thing makes that kind of power then it shouldn't have any trouble pulling 80K GVW up the Grapevine at 55mph....That I'd pay good money to see. :D

STV_Keith
03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
80k#? I know the motor would do it, but you'd rip the frame right out of that Dodge. I think it's rated for like 16k or so for towing weight.
Now, with the power turned DOWN, it will run 85+ up 8% towing 15k. :)

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Cool a group hugg, thats nice...but I'm not huggin any of those Dodge/Cheby guys...lol...jk :D

sandsnake
03-11-2003, 04:42 PM
jordanpaulk:
todd gerstenberger:
Bring on the personal attacks since you don't have an intelligent leg to stand on and have proved that thus far in this discussion.
i guess if they will continue to pay me what i'm bieng paid to be a service advisor, then cool! sorry to tell you this but your talking out your ass! [/b]
Certainly doesn't say much for where you work. Do they think Ford owns Cummins too? Perhaps your boss just has a great sense of humor keeping you around. I've always said, "Hire the handicapped, they're fun to watch." He must think the same thing.
[b] just because these companies are the underlying power suppliers does not mean they own the majority in stock options...so blow me....all the way to the bank with my service advisors paycheck. :D No wonder Sleek didn't want to deal with you. Are you really that much of a moron? You are the one saying that Ford owns Cummins. Not me.
I'd tell you to point out where exactly I've talked out my ass, but further discussion with you has proven pointless as you can't grasp a simple concept, so I quit.
Do you have any idea what has been posted? Why don't you read back up and see what you've been saying versus what I've been saying.
As far as telling me to blow you? Why don't you go fist yourself.

sandsnake
03-11-2003, 04:56 PM
jordanpaulk:
todd gerstenberger:
As far as telling me to blow you? Why don't you go fist yourself. Jordanpaulk, I don't normally post but after reading your posts on this discussion of Fords and Chevys with this other individual, I have to say that way you presented your case and then provided supporting data was outstanding. The fact that the other individual couldn't see the holes you were shoting in his side of the argument is beyond me. I have to say I enjoyed reading discussion especially your side of it. Of course he could of left off the derogatory ending, but what are you going to do. It was great reading, thanks