PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

BGMAN203
09-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Just an idea I got from one of riverdave's posts.

BGMAN203
09-29-2003, 02:28 PM
It is true that other boards have chat rooms, and it is true that thoes chat rooms don't get used that much...but do they have the # of members and name recognition as the ***boat boards do? The point of the chat room would be to take some of the b.s. off the boards. Meaning when a topic goes way off the intended subject, that subject gets lost. Maybe with a chat room they would go in the chat room to talk shit or whatever they want to do. It would also be more instant than posting a post just to answer a simple yes or no question. Just an idea..won't hurt my feelings if it gets shot down. wink

LAPD Gary
10-01-2003, 10:22 AM
A lot of mis read posts cause the long argument/insult threads. Chat rooms make the poster and responder more accountable for their remarks and usually leads to less conflicts that stay on a forum.
And most shit talkers back down when it comes to real time communications, they get half their "jollies" waiting to see what the receiver of their hate will post.

Rexone
10-01-2003, 04:44 PM
I agree with RD's first post that it would take forum traffic down. Good or bad, ????????
Personally I'd rarely if ever use a chat room. Just my own preference.