PDA

View Full Version : How about a A/V, Stereo, or Electronics Forums?

mbrown2
08-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Most sites such as these have a dedicated forum for Electronics, Audio/Video, or Stereo items....These items are becoming significantly in important in Boats, some just as important as motors...with the complex charging and battery systems and the power some of these boats are running, it might be nice to discuss the topic in a central place. In addition, it might be a place we where can discuss GPS's, Radar, FRS Radios, Communication Systems, Ship to Shore without having to try and pick one of the other areas and hoping to get feedback....Let me know what you think? :)

***boat
08-27-2003, 01:43 PM
I will post this in the sandbar and see what others think.

mbrown2
09-09-2003, 06:22 PM
So did you post a question or poll about the possibility of an additional Electronics forum?

JetBoatRich
09-09-2003, 07:13 PM
I like the idea, so these items under so many other topics wink

HP350SC
09-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Got my vote...

***boat
09-25-2003, 07:54 PM
I will be setting this up when we roll to the new forum software. Looks like that will be mid October.

Sangster
09-27-2003, 12:57 PM
***boat...One thing that has been buggin' me for awhile..When you log on to ***boats, the Blue Logo thing on Top say's.....***boat.com......Shouldn't it say ***boat.net ????

Rexone
09-28-2003, 11:44 PM
***boat.com works also on the main page, ***boat owns both domains now I believe.
Craig are you just upgrading existing forum software or making a major change to completely new forum software?

mbrown2
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Whatever happended to including the new section, I thought it was going to be added when the forums were converted to the new format?

***boat
11-04-2003, 12:53 AM
It will, just as soon as things stabilize a bit. Need to work out a few more bugs before I start changing the layout around.

***boat
11-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Sangster
***boat...One thing that has been buggin' me for awhile..When you log on to ***boats, the Blue Logo thing on Top say's.....***boat.com......Shouldn't it say ***boat.net ????
Hot Boats website started out as ***boat.net only because some *ss in Russia or somewhere like that had bought the name ***boat.com. After some legal stuff and a lot of time we got it back. Now both domains point to the same place, but I am trying to push the ***boat.com thing as it is more intuitive.

Sangster
11-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ***boat
Hot Boats website started out as ***boat.net only because some *ss in Russia or somewhere like that had bought the name ***boat.com. After some legal stuff and a lot of time we got it back. Now both domains point to the same place, but I am trying to push the ***boat.com thing as it is more intuitive.
Thanks for the responce ***boat.....And an interesting one at that......Sangster