PDA

View Full Version : Test Data

***boat
02-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Has anyone checked out the boat test data yet? Is the way it is organized relevant? Would it be better if you could sort by length as well? Also should it be searchable or is that not necessary as you can sort by manufacturer?

Mandelon
02-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Werzitat?

***boat
02-24-2003, 08:27 PM
http://www.***boat.net/test_data/index.cfm
Or from the front page of ***boat.net go to features and click the test data button.

twistedpair
02-26-2003, 11:24 AM
How about a 'price as tested' category and locking the column headers so you can see which is which?

***boat
02-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Price as tested i will work on. Lock column headers? Please explain.

572Daytona
02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
I checked it out the first day the site was up and thought it was a good addition. I had actually downloaded the data from the last site and had put it in an excel spreadsheet so I could do similar type comparisons on it. Is that data kept current as new magazines come out?

***boat
02-26-2003, 04:00 PM
To an extent it is kept current as mags come out. It is more correct to say that it is kept current as they send it to me. I am still missing all the 2002 data, but I am hoping to get that soon.

JetBoatRich
02-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Cool numbers to look at, thanks

twistedpair
02-27-2003, 01:24 PM
***boat:
Lock column headers? Please explain. So the headers remain visible as you scroll down the list.
Also, is is just me, or is this site slower to load/reload since the change over? Seems especially bad today.
Other than that, new features are pretty cool!
Thanks ***boat Dude!! :D

***boat
02-27-2003, 02:56 PM
The home page might be a little slower to load, but there should not be much difference. We are getting alot more visitors though and that could have some effect. The bandwith is not nearly maxed out and we are on a much faster server so things should be running faster than before if anything. The forums might be having some problems so i will take a look around and see if something is messed up.
Craig

***boat
02-27-2003, 04:38 PM
twisted:
***boat:
Lock column headers? Please explain. So the headers remain visible as you scroll down the list.
Also, is is just me, or is this site slower to load/reload since the change over? Seems especially bad today.
Other than that, new features are pretty cool!
Thanks ***boat Dude!! :D Well a little more info on the slow site thing. I tweaked it out a bit to compensate for the load in the forums. However something odd is going on. Every 30 seconds a 1.8mb/sec or 1008kb/sec burst is sent for 10 seconds or so. That is a massive amount of bandwidth. I am still looking to see what or who is causing that.

AZKC
03-01-2003, 03:40 PM
eek! jawdrop
1008kb per second, damn that would plug things up abit.
KC