PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Belmont Jet Boat owners

flodlite
04-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Belmont Boats of Wisconson made boats from 1978 to 1984. Who's got one. I have a 1984 19' Belmont Jetw/a 429 + .030 over Cobra Jet Ford. Has a Berkeley 12JC w/B impeller. Looking for literature and any info. good or bad. I've already spent my money.
[ April 12, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: flodlite ]

1Bahnerjet
04-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Try Postin' this in JUST JETS, And here I thought Belmonts were made in Cal. Central Valley!
-----------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

old rigger
04-15-2003, 11:09 AM
1Bahnerjet:
Try Postin' this in JUST JETS, And here I thought Belmonts were made in Cal. Central Valley!
-----------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive 1bahnerjet,
they were made in central Ca., in Belmont. Made beautiful flatties back in the day, late 50's early 60s.
Never heard of the east coast Belmont.

69 Elim
04-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Belmont Boats were made in Fresno Ca on Belmont Avenue. They still had layup boats today and sell other brands of tourney ski boats. Plus they do work on all kinds of boats. My boat is there right now getting some motor work done. Ken (the owner) is a cool guy.
Fresno was also the home of Fresno Boats and Sanger boats. :)

Oldsquirt
04-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Looks like everyone is right according to a MIC search on the Coast Guard site: MIC Search (http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm)
MIC Database Search Results
MIC Company Address City State
BLM BELMONT MARINE 2006 W BELMONT FRESNO CA
BLV BELMONT BOATS OF WISCONSIN 2947 JACKSON DRIVE OSHKOSH WI
BVV BELMONT BOATS OF WISC 4626 CEDAR CREEK RD SLINGER WI

old rigger
04-15-2003, 07:32 PM
69 Elim:
Belmont Boats were made in Fresno Ca on Belmont Avenue. They still had layup boats today and sell other brands of tourney ski boats. Plus they do work on all kinds of boats. My boat is there right now getting some motor work done. Ken (the owner) is a cool guy.
Fresno was also the home of Fresno Boats and Sanger boats. :) Well, I knew that there was a Belmont location in there somwhere!
That's pretty cool that their still in bix and building boats. Do you know if they have a photo collection from the old days that you could maybe scan and post here for us to see? That'd be great.
I always wondered if Sanger Jack started out in Sanger Ca and moved to Fresno later? 69elim, do you know the story there?

flodlite
04-15-2003, 10:49 PM
would like to get any info. re. old Belmont boat makers and any info. re. hulls still being layed. good site. got replies quick. when i figure out how to get a pic in the profile i will add my boat. thanks

69 Elim
04-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Here is Belmont Marine's website www.belmontmarine.com (http://www.belmontmarine.com)
As for Sanger, I don't know the exact story.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/205sanger_old_ad.jpg
This Ad says they were on Annadale in Fresno, CA. They are still on Annadale today which is in Southern Fresno. The town of Sanger is just south of Fresno (very close). By the way, the flat in this pic is a regular flat, not a bubble deck so that means the ad is pre 1974 (I think).
If you're ever on highway 99 and traveling through Fresno, the Sanger Factory is right off the highway (you can see it). Stop in there someday, they have a beautiful wood deck sanger in there.
http://www.sangersportswear.com/images2/Home_interior.jpg
[ April 16, 2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: 69 Elim ]

old rigger
04-16-2003, 08:42 AM
69 Elim,
thanks for the info. I think you're right about the adds. I think the bubble came out in late 72 or sometime in 73. The reason I say this is because Roger Weiman, Rogers Custom Boats, by 1973 had already popped the bubble off a sanger and grafted it to his 18. Beautiful boats, both the Sangers and the Rogers. Worked for roger for 5-6 years.
I drive the 99 once a year going to the big Turlock swapmeet in Feb. Next time I'll have to pay more attention and look for the Sanger shop. I'd like to see that woodie.

flodlite
04-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks again, I Am going to get in touch with those guys. My 84 19' Belmont has the look of the sanger in the back. The transom is rounded like the sanger and from what the pics show the deck is very similar. I have been boating for over 40 years and have never seen a boat made so late, 1984, look so much like the early Sangers. That's one of the reasons I bought the Belmont. There was a Sanger a while back, with a shallow V hull for sale in HB classifieds but it was a 30 year old boat.

1Bahnerjet
04-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Well, I knew that there was a Belmont location in there somwhere!
That's pretty cool that their still in bix and building boats. Do you know if they have a photo collection from the old days that you could maybe scan and post here for us to see? That'd be great.
I always wondered if Sanger Jack started out in Sanger Ca and moved to Fresno later? 69elim, do you know the story there?
-------------------------
-------------------------
Oldrigger, This Is What I remember( I haven't found Mag. article yet)Sanger Jack had an auto Radiator Shop In Sanger, and he Made a home built boat(Glen L ?) for himself, Then some of his buddies wanted him to make one for them, Then his customers Wanted one, Then from there he didn't Have time to work on Radiators Anymore.The Rest is HISTORY!
--------------------

1Bahnerjet
04-20-2003, 06:40 AM
Hey, There was a Belmont Jet boat parked down the street Sat.(visiting someone)It looks like Belmont Splashed the Beisemeyer deck. I know who lives in house and will talk to him about it. wink
----------------------

Da-munt
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I have a 56 belmont 3 were made i have the last one left, looking for help getting the value and finding a buyer.
Please help
Thanks!

Matt Swanson
04-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Last summer I bought a 1973 Belmont jet boat with a 455 Olds. Cool boat, love it! Took it out 3 times so far. Just want to get some information on it. If anyone is familiar with them please let me know. Don't know much about them.

JerCeafe
12-23-2019, 06:58 AM
It is remarkable, and alternative?