PDA

View Full Version : trailer maintenance

Hydrotherapy
10-21-2003, 05:28 AM
:frown: Does anyone know if there is a general maintenance program for trailer bearings ?. i recently went on a trip (about 10hrs. tow time) and lost the bearings on one my trailer. Needless to say I looked like a real SMUCK towing down the road with my axle chained up , Lord knows I don't what that to happen two years in a row. Any help would be greatly appreciated...:eek!:

Rexone
10-21-2003, 05:35 AM
yes it is called wheel bearing grease and good seals and bearing buddies. :D
being no stranger to this phenomonen, I carry 2 chains as well. :rolleyes:
another solution is to go to a local lake so you don't have to be seen with the chain towing that far. :)

Hydrotherapy
10-21-2003, 05:57 AM
Yeah I guess I should of checked all the bearings before I left but I was to involved in getting my new scoop attached to my engine. It is a rare type of scoop and it took longer to mount then I thought so I kinda neglected the trailer. Thanks Rexone for your input, and I will surely be SMARTER about this next time.

ACCEPTENCE
10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey Hydro,
Take the easy way out, drop the rig of and have it serviced by profesionals twice a year!!!
If you then have a problem, call automobile club and let them deal with it.
Moral of the story: Pay the cash and ya got no worries:wink:.

smalls
10-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Packed my bearings before the Red Rock trip. Made it in record time with no problems :confused:

BILLY.B
10-22-2003, 05:13 AM
I tow with a dolly trailer and I always check the wheel bearings before heading out. Of course I do this myself unlike ACCEPTANCE who has the "MAJOR CASH" to let people work on his stuff for him. Then again he leaves all his stuff at CAMP ACCEPTANCE anyway so he doesn't have to tow very far to get to the water.:D :yuk: :D

smalls
10-22-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
I tow with a dolly trailer and I always check the wheel bearings before heading out. Of course I do this myself unlike ACCEPTANCE who has the "MAJOR CASH" to let people work on his stuff for him. Then again he leaves all his stuff at CAMP ACCEPTANCE anyway so he doesn't have to tow very far to get to the water.:D :yuk: :D
CAMP ACCEPTANCE, I think I hear a banjo plaing,,,,,:p

MandDPerformance
10-22-2003, 05:35 AM
That shit aint funny Smalls!!!!:eek: :eek:

smalls
10-22-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by MandDPerformance
That shit aint funny Smalls!!!!:eek: :eek:
What chu talkin bout Willis?

MandDPerformance
10-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Deliverance!!!!

smalls
10-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by MandDPerformance
Deliverance!!!!
Rumor is that it's lookin like an Auction yard out there!
River toys, Gotta love um!

ACCEPTENCE
10-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Not me daddy-o, I'm one of those hard workin guys and my glastron may not be lookin so hot but thats just because I can't find anyone to do a high end job on it.
Kinda makes ya go humm???, makes ya wonder???
And yaeh you cover the wheel bearings ok but what about those red lights flasing behind you comin home from CFW??? sumthin about current stickers??? Gee I duno. Gotta wonder???
"Camp Acceptence" is doing just fine and dandy!!!
Course all the rolling stock needs a fresh polish and waxing, got any free time???

ACCEPTENCE
10-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by smalls
CAMP ACCEPTANCE, I think I hear a banjo plaing,,,,,:p
If you got a banjo, I got a BBQ and we'll have one hellova party!!!:D :D :D
You Northern boys are welcome at "Camp Acceptence" anytime!!!

smalls
10-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
If you got a banjo, I got a BBQ and we'll have one hellova party!!!:D :D :D
You Northern boys are welcome at "Camp Acceptence" anytime!!!
Acc, Thanks and back at ya, ;)

BILLY.B
10-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
And yaeh you cover the wheel bearings ok but what about those red lights flasing behind you comin home from CFW??? sumthin about current stickers??? Gee I duno. Gotta wonder?? Like Smalls said...Whatcha talking Willis:confused:

SANGER-RICH
10-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Sh_t you guys crack me up. I had packed the bearings on the trailer in the avaitar before I left las vegas , ran between 50 going up hill and 85 down hill and 75 to 85 all the way back to American Canyon, back to CFW and then to PCR with no problems (was alot of fun Marty) . I see people with the bearing buddys do it every time they pull their trailers out of the water when they get home. So who is to say. I brought tha hydro home from Clearlake and have no Idea when they were greased last, with no problem. But they are getting done this weekend now that you reminded me.
Thanks I knew there was something I was forgetting ;) :D :)

paradigm shift
10-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Well I use bearing buddies also. I still pull mine completely down and clean out all the old grease and check the bearings every spring. New seals installed and check my brakes at the same time. I do this myself as I have no money. :D Usually a weekend job (3 axles) and never any trouble with bearings during the year. Just my routine and has worked for me for many years. I usually tow 7,000 + miles a year. :( I live to farfrom havasu and the delta is just to cold most of the year. ;)