PDA

View Full Version : OUI rams my boat trailer at Elsinore

Back To Havasu
10-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Went to Elsinore last Sunday, and had a fun day with some nice people in the cove. We tow a broken Nordic 23 back to his ramp late in the afternoon, and decide to pull our boat out at Elsinore West, where we launched. While I'm waiting for my wife to back the trailer in, some idiot on a seadoo comes into the launch area and starts doing donuts, and reving the ski first in forward gear, and then in reverse. Then, as my wife backs our trailer, the idiot pulls between me and the trailer. Just as I am about to tell him to get out of the way, he guns the seadoo on my trailer, and the only reason he didn't land in the back of my Tahoe was the bowstop for my boat hooked over his seadoo bow. I yelled at him to get off my trailer, my wife got out of the Tahoe and asked him to get off the trailer, but he couldn't as he was high and dry. Then, Officer Gibson of the Lake Elsinore police, who I didn't realize had witnessed the whole incident, told the idiot to get back on his seadoo, and asked my wife to back in deeper, so he could reverse the seadoo and remove it from the trailer. Then Officer Gibson ordered the idiot to the dock, gave him a field sobriety test, placed him under arrest, and called for a police car to take the idiot to jail. Officer Gibson was very nice and professional and we appreciate his efforts. What the idiot was thinking when he gunned his seadoo on the back of my tandem axle boat trailer and tried to jump his seadoo into the back of my SUV, I'll never know. :yuk:

jackpunx
10-21-2003, 05:08 PM
I think this is your guy
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943PWC-med.jpg

Back To Havasu
10-21-2003, 05:14 PM
You may be right. It would explain why he needed my trailer at the end of the day. LOL:D

JetBoatRich
10-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I hate to say this, but that was a funny story.
IDIOT

fourspeednup
10-21-2003, 05:51 PM
It sounds like your trailer survived. Now it's okay to point and laugh:D :D

Dr. Eagle
10-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I hate to say this, but that was a funny story.
IDIOT
I have seen some DUMBASSES at the launch ramp in my day, but that has to be right up in the top 10. Sounds like it was an expensive seadoo ride for the dude. You were lucky to have such a distinguished witness.
That font thing is kind of cool....;) If only I could figure out how to work it...:confused:

Mohavekid
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear it ended well with Sea Doo driver going to the klink.

Mandelon
10-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I hope you got to keep the Seadoo. After all it was on your trailer. :p

Boatcop
10-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Gee. Maybe he shouldn't have been arrested. Are you sure that the trailer wasn't at fault? Or possibly the water level had something to do with it? Maybe he was distracted by a woman competently backing a trailer down a ramp.
But surely it couldn't have been the fact that he was drunk. It's just those damn cops trying to raise revenue, and harrassing the boating public.
Yeah. That''s it. No way the Sea Doo guy could be at fault. He just had "a few beers" and was trying to have good time. After all, this is the Lake and he should have the freedom to do what he wants.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Kilrtoy
10-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Im with boat cop on this one,
The damn cop probably even used a radar gun to tell how fast he was recklessly driving. Cops ruined that poor guys whole day, Where is the justice.:D

fourspeednup
10-21-2003, 06:36 PM
So what you're really trying to say is......it was the trailer's fault? Cuz I'm not following:confused: :D :D

Dr. Eagle
10-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
So what you're really trying to say is......it was the trailer's fault? Cuz I'm not following:confused: :D :D
Yeah, I think you pretty much got it...:rolleyes: it must be everyone elses fault than the guy on the Sea Doo cuz he just had a " couple of beers" What the hell was that lady doing putting that trailer in his way anyway? Lucky you don't get sued...:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SandbarScot
10-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Most people know I'm the old "Elsinore Cop" on the boards. That was a great story. Bob Gibson has been a boat cop for close to 20 years. He worked at our Blythe Station for quite a while before coming to Lake Elsinore. I copied your comments to him and his sergeant.:)

Kilrtoy
10-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Come to think of it. the see doer should sue BACK TO HAVASU
what was he and his old lady thinking. For god sake she was backing a trailer down a launch ramp in this drunks way.
What next,
Are we going to DRIVE in the PARKway
and
PARK in the DRIVEway
:eek: :eek!:

Dr. Eagle
10-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Come to think of it. the see doer should sue BACK TO HAVASU
what was he and his old lady thinking. For god sake she was backing a trailer down a launch ramp in this drunks way.
:eek: :eek!:
Yeah, the sea doo operator clearly had the right of way for his 3 point turn...

randy77zt
10-21-2003, 10:44 PM
i had my boat tied up at launch ramp dock at don pedro and some seadoo shitheads came screaming up and spun out by the dock.their wake damaged my boat by banging it on the dock.i didnt know until they took off-i was up getting the truck.probably saved me money-i would have used some tools on them.being pc i wont mention what minority they were.the 5 mph bouys were 1/4 mile out.

Blown 472
10-22-2003, 05:14 AM
Why do you have my avitar?

OLDRAT
10-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Asshole factor affected me last weekend too.
Went to a waterfront place last weekend at Grand Lake
in Oklahoma and since the place was busy, we tied up to the
end of the dock as we normally do. Bumpers out, lines set,
etc..etc.
While sitting there, we saw a twin engine express cruiser
come through the 5 mph zone at about half speed making
one of those Rodney Dangerfield passes from Caddy Shack.
Everyone shouted at him, but did not think it caused damage.
Returned to the boat and found that it had slung the boat
hard enought into the dock to bend my front bow rail about
90° out of position and banged the rubrail. Fortunately, the
rail did it's job and protected the boat. It could have been
a lot worse!! However, the wife lost a pair of glasses when
she was bent down looking for damage.
What a way to kill a buzz on a great 80° fall weekend. I got
a fairly good look at the douche-bag's boat and maybe we
can visit in the future. There could be a possibility of some
good "okie justice" being administered, or at least using
the focker's head as a mandrel when I shape the new piece
of stainless tubing into place.
Also, what's the deal with Blown's avatar? It's frightening
to know someone else is with his lady.....please stop!
Just venting,
OLDRAT

Ntwotrance
10-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Takes me back to 2 years ago when the family and I were at Pyramid. Had a good day there, had done some work on the trailer a few days before, we were getting ready to leave and I was up at the top waiting my turn to pull down the launch to get the boat out. I was next in line when my truck/trailer surged 10 feet forward. I look into my mirror and see some dumb ass lake lice driver parked on my trailer....drunk (yes) license (no) insurance (no). He and his buddy get out of the truck and seem to think that I was at fault...:confused: , as I'm sizing up the situation, the local P.D. there comes over and calm things down as I was already pulling out my lake lice beater out of the truck....

Back To Havasu
10-22-2003, 08:16 AM
We are sending the idiot written apologies, and hoping he doesn't sue us because our boat trailer was submerged and therefore his for the ramming. How could we possibly be so naive as to think he would actually power on his own trailer in one of the dozen or so vacant launch/retieve lanes at West. By the way Blown 472, I have no clue how I got your avitar. It just appeared after ***boat made its most recent web changes. You are welcome to it back or if you will tell me how, I shall be happy to delete it from my site. The chick is rather sexy.;)

OLDRAT
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Thats what I'm saying........thought Blown had gone to Elsinore.
Man that would have been a drive for him. Must of had the boat motor in the car to get there that quick!

AzDon
10-22-2003, 12:43 PM
I think it was a test to see how much obnoxiousness it takes to get a field sobriety test when you're on a PWC. I'm amazed he was arrested, because I wasn't aware that any laws apply to PWCs or their operation!

BGMAN203
10-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Why do you have my avitar?
I think I spend about 30 sec reading you posts and then another 30 min looking at your avitar. Shes got a body from hell!!! What an ass too!!

fourspeednup
10-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, and she's got a great set of teeth!:D
You think they're real?:confused: