PDA

View Full Version : Glass at the River?

Tee
10-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Great pics of OP6C!!!!!. Makes me wish my boat was running so I could have attended. I do have one concern that seams to come up from time to time on this forum? I was just wondering why I am seeing so many glass bottles/containers at the river? I am sure all of you with glass took proper care of them for disposal! I am just concearned with the image we might be portraying in these pics to those that don't understand glass is ok when properly contained.?
See you all there next year. I have suffered my first and last non-boating season.......

Tee
10-21-2003, 09:20 PM
I'm cool with that RD, I have taken bottles to the lake/river myself. They always stay in the boat though. The only reason I brought it up is I have had to stitch up my 7 year old daughter twice (one was pretty nasty, went right to the bone) because of peeps that weren't RA! Just rubbed me the wrong way tonight. I didn't mean any offence to anyone. Plan on being there next year.

BGMAN203
10-21-2003, 09:34 PM
I personally just like to take cans, because accidents do happen, drunk or sober. I don't have any beef with glass bottles but its alot harder to break a can than a glass bottle.

BGMAN203
10-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
That's very true... :)
RD
One more thing I forgot. You can't shotgun a glass bottle!!!:wink:

Froggystyle
10-21-2003, 11:17 PM
This was the very first trip we brought bottles to. We intended for the bottles to stay at the hotel for evening festivities, but they ended up getting pushed into service on the evening flotilla due to lack of aluminum reinforcements for downed soldiers!
We were extremely careful with them... more so than I would care to be with trash. It will be the last time we pull that move.
Something about drinking from a longneck though....

beached 1
10-22-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Something about drinking from a longneck though....
True dat.
I just stick to cans on the water jsut to keep things simple and easy. Bottles take up too much space.

JetBoatRich
10-22-2003, 06:49 AM
My beer of choice comes in Bottles, so I usually have bottles. We are very careful and keep a fold up trash can and bags in the boat. Set the rules and enforce them:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
10-22-2003, 06:55 AM
Probably a good idea to wear some sort of water shoes when walking around the sand bar. You never know how many dimwits thought it was cool to sink their bottles the weekend before. :mad:

jbtrailerjim
10-22-2003, 07:59 AM
The beer my wife and I prefer only comes in bottles. We use the long neck coozies like RD mentioned and we always carry trash bags on the boat. It does suck though because they take up so much room. I understand people's concern with having glass on the boat or on the beach. Just gotta be extra carefull and use a little common sense.

Schiada76
10-22-2003, 08:02 AM
I picked up an 18 pack of Coronas in front of our place at Echo this year. The assholes that drank them thought it was cool to throw them in the river. AWWWW gee only a couple of them were broken though, the litttle kids love to play with broken glass.:mad: :mad:

Dr. Eagle
10-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
The beer my wife and I prefer only comes in bottles. We use the long neck coozies like RD mentioned and we always carry trash bags on the boat. It does suck though because they take up so much room. I understand people's concern with having glass on the boat or on the beach. Just gotta be extra carefull and use a little common sense.
I understand the glass bottle thing...beer tastes naturally better when it comes out of a glass bottle. But the California State Park system doesn't see it your way, many of the State Parks up here in Norcal prohibit glass, and in many cases alcohol altogether.
Get this one...you cannot have a glass bottle or alcoholic beverage anywhere on any beach at Folsom Lake, but you can on a boat as long as the boat is floating (not beached or on the trailer).
:confused: :confused: :confused: huh?? But that is the way it is. The same applies to Brannan Island in the Delta...:confused: :confused: :confused:
Go figure!

BGMAN203
10-22-2003, 08:19 AM
That sucks. How the hell do you get the beer on and off the boat then? Do you have to have a plane do a drop for ya while you on the water or what?:confused:

91nordic29
10-22-2003, 08:59 AM
i like to pour mine into one of those little "sippy cups" in case of accidental spillage!!:D ;)

nhbuoy
10-22-2003, 09:29 AM
I don't see a problem with glass as long as you are CAREFUL...ie: broken teeth while underway can happen, broken glass in or outside the boat sucks, & litterers are just plain stoopid, glass OR cans...I personally don't use glass bottles because my cooler is cut into the floor between the driver's & passenger/throttle seats...I don't know what kind of "rides" you guys take, but we/I will usually haul ass in any water & when it is "rough" the bottles get "shaken-up" & lose their carbonation/fizz...They are nice & frosty but.................FLAT!!!... :( ...

mbrown2
10-22-2003, 10:19 AM
No bottles on our boat except for Goose which stays in the chest...

STGP
10-22-2003, 11:40 AM
I go with the no bottle rule on my boat. No glass, no accidents, no problem.

phebus
10-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
we always carry trash bags on the boat. It does suck though because they take up so much room.
I wish all boats came with a built in area for trash. I hate having the trash bag out in the open somewhere. :mad:

Dr. Eagle
10-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
That sucks. How the hell do you get the beer on and off the boat then? Do you have to have a plane do a drop for ya while you on the water or what?:confused:
LMAO, yeah that might be a good business plan...airial alcohol delivery. If it is on your boat and is going in the water you can have it. Just don't drink it in the parking lot.
:D :D :D

jbtrailerjim
10-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I wish all boats came with a built in area for trash. I hate having the trash bag out in the open somewhere. :mad:
I'm with you on that idea. My last boat (Essex) had the built in ice chest in the floor. It's didn't work worth a shit. So, we would store the trash bag in there. My new boat (Ultra) does not have anyplace to store trash.