PDA

View Full Version : A/C Dealers???

Boatcop
10-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Anyone got an "in" with an A/C distributor?
Mine went TU last weekend, and I'm going to be looking for a good deal on a replacement. No installation required, I can handle that myself.
Need a 3.5 - 4 ton, roof mount, package unit heat pump. (new) No delivery, cash and carry from anywhere in Southern Cal or AZ.
Also need the roof curb that would go with it, but I can have one fabbed out here if needed.
Scratch and dent OK or discontinued. (actually preferred)
Trying to get away as inexpensively (read cheap) as possible. Public servant's salary, and all. :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance. :)

rrrr
10-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Awright guys, here's your chance to show some gratitude to Alan and his hard work to keep everyone safe.
If I was out there in Havasuland it would be a done deal, I know someone will step up and help a fellow boater (even if the boat does have a funny looking light bar on it :D )

jbtrailerjim
10-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Alan,
I just sent you a pm. One of my best friends repairs them for a living. I think he can hook you up.

Casanova
10-22-2003, 05:50 PM
I'll get you a killer cheap price tomorrow Alan.
I may be able to dropship free it too, or I'll find a way to get it to you gratis.
Ok,, you said Heatpump.
No gas right? All electric right?
Do you want extra heat strips too?
I'll PM you tomorrow.
- Ross

Hal
10-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Alan, I'll check out Carrier and a couple of other brands for scratch and dents in the morning. You can save 35 to 50% on some of those units. Heck of a deal if they got what your looking for. I,ll PM you some prices tomorrow or Friday. Hal...

BoatPI
10-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Alan, you need to state new or replacement. Carrier units have a different draft, ie: side by side compared to down draft. Also generally 13 SEER is OK for a regular system any more and the returns are unique and plentyful/ My unit is rottted so I recently got a quote installed for a 5 Ton heat pump. $4,100 if paid in cash installed. But mine needs to be hooked to a crane.
Good luck.

Boatcop
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the help, folks.
This is a replacement, side draft. No gas/all electric. Heat strips aren't necessary. The heating side of the system will handle our winters.
If a screaming deal comes up on an A/C only with heat strips, I may consider that.
Thanks again.

Casanova
10-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Most units on the market today have both features. You can open cover connections for side outlet/inlet duct connections. Or leave those covers on and remove bottom cover duct connections.
I'll PM you with the best price I can grind. Yeh, grind.
It'll be much cheaper than you might think.

ROZ
10-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know anybody in the San Diego area who is willing to do a side job or Broprice..I put in my ac and need someone to Vac, charge, attach the gas line, and check it....
Carry on:p :)

BajaMike
10-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Alan, have you gotten help on this yet?
Mike

Lightning
10-23-2003, 12:20 PM
I have a client who can help out. He owns a heat/ac business.
Roz,
He's in Oceanside, so it will probably work out good for you.
If anyone if interested, send me a PM or email.