PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reasons to go to Savage Marine....

locogringo
10-22-2003, 11:30 PM
(unsolicited respone on my part)
1. When you realize you need a new water pump and impeller on a Saturday morning at close to 11 am, they can still get you back on the water in under 2 hours (mine went out last weekend)
2. They know where their tools are and how to use them
3. On any given Saturday or half day Sunday, you know someone is there to help you out or answer your questions
4. They know where their tools are and more importantly, how to use them
5. The shop is more than clean
6. You know you won't leave wondering if your boat truly is fixed
7. Kelly is the spine that keeps the body in shape
8. The techs aren't some half-trained idiots.
9. They drive a really nice Apache which sucks so much gas he needs all the work he can muster!:D :D
and 10...
Steve always wears a shirt and dresses in Khakis and a button-up shirt. Must be hot in the summer!!:wink:
Thanks for the work last weekend.
Daniel

Nubbs
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
11. You want to meet a certifiable 5 star a$$hole.
12. You want to experience the worst customer service on the earth.
13. You want to be treated like sh$t.
14. You want to waste an hour of your day.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-23-2003, 07:06 AM
One user who has gone there and raves about the service another that had what can only be described as a bad experience. Amazing how two differnet people can be treated, or at least percevie to be treated, in totally differnet manners. Me, the one time I had to go there for some work they had it fixed in under an hour and everyone was great.

Laveyman
10-23-2003, 07:40 AM
Here we go again on Steve and Savage Marine! Perhaps we should start a poll on this topic so we can put it to rest. My vote is two thumbs up for them!

rivercrazy
10-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Everyone I personally know says top notch things about Savage. From basic maintenance to rebuilding to performance....

mirvin
10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
What's the contact info for Savage??
THanks.

hd&boatrider
10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
What's the contact info for Savage??
THanks.
You can reach them at 928-680-6202 and talk with Kelly.
They have done a very good job for me and I would not want to take my boat anywhere else. I would recommend them to handle any service you need on your boat. They do a good job and have it ready when it is supposed to be done.

6 Dollar Boat
10-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Great service, never had a problem. They have been very helpfull on the phone when I have a question.:)

jdnichols
10-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Indeed superior service and very good people. I have spoken with many of their customers, even before I became one, and have always received the same story. Many families have had a saved weekend or vacation due to their help.
I make it a part of my trips to Havasu to stop by and see what’s the latest on Steve’s “Wall of Shame” the latest failed boat part due to poor maintenance or workmanship other people have caused. I learn a lot from Steve and his guys.
As any successful business, they are cursed by their own success and are limited to only 24 hours a day. Be courteous, patient, and good things will come :)

hot_diggity_dog
10-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Because he is working on my boat first thing Saturday morning so I can go boating!
HDD :cool:

OutCole'd
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
I also have had nothing but great service from them. My impeller went out late one thursday afternoon in Parker, the first day of a 5 day vacation. Call Steve at 5:50, he tells me he will wait at the shop for me to drop off the boat. By the time I get the boat back on the trailer & get to havasu, it is about 7:00. He tells me to be back at 11:00 in the morning to pick it up, it will be ready. Get there at 10:30, the boat is finished and ready to go,
Once again, Savage Marine saves another vacation.

clownpuncher
10-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Where is Savage Marine?

hd&boatrider
10-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Where is Savage Marine?
LHC off of Industrial on your RH side on the way down to the launch.....

locogringo
10-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I wasn't expecting a response from this, just posting my pleasure in them but good to see that almost all who posted have the same feelings.
Can't please everyone but the topic was...
"top 10 reasons to go to Savage Marine"
So, you are saying that you WOULD go there for these reasons???
11. You want to meet a certifiable 5 star a$$hole.
12. You want to experience the worst customer service on the earth.
13. You want to be treated like sh$t.
14. You want to waste an hour of your day.
Have fun and I'm sure he'll keep treating you like that if that is what you want.
LOL

McQuakey
10-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Must be doing something right with all the Savage Marine
stickers on the backs of trucks and SUV's around Arizona,
Nevada, and California. Don't see to many Alco, Chong , or Teague stickers around town. Locogringo hit the nail on the
head.

Three Days Only
10-26-2003, 08:21 PM
I had never been to Savage Marine with a boat problem prior to Friday evening, I've been there with other friends and there bullshit problems, but I have never been in a postion to need his assistance. On friday while coming down from Topock, I blew my Starboard motor. We went to Savage and Steve stopped what he was doing and attended to my problem within a couple of minutes. They moved there project which was in the building, and had us back in our boat, and jumped on it. I needed to know what was up, and if it could be fixed. There was no bullshit with him, and they got me the answers quickly, even if it was not what I wanted to hear. I would go back there anytime while in town, and would never think twice about going anywhere else. Im not sure what other problems people have had there, but I could not say anything bad about the place after my experience friday night. He made it alot easier for me to enjoy my alcoholism the next two days not wondering if we could fix the problem, and knowing that if it could have been fixed I would have been on the water the next morning.
Just my .02

Robbie Racer
10-27-2003, 07:34 AM
They get a big thumbs up from me. I broke a vertical shaft in my B-max drive during the spring heatwave poker run. Luckily I have a spare lower unit so I took it to Savage Marine that same afternoon. They jumped on it and I was back up and running within a couple of hours. Thanks guys. R/R

Keith E. Sayre
10-29-2003, 12:30 PM
While Steve will always be Steve, I've always appreciated their
talents and their efforts. I met Steve and Kelly about 10 years
ago when I needed to get a prop off my Schiada and had broken
my prop puller on a Sunday morning. Steve was the only guy in
town open so I stopped there by accident. He was very busy but
agreed to give it a try. He told me that it would be $25 to get the
prop off for me. After about 2 hours in the 115 degree sun, his
broken prop puller also, a torch, an impact wrench or two and a couple of sledge hammers-- he finally had to cut it off. We were all covered in sweat, worn out and physically abused from the effort and the heat. I helped him clean up the mess in his driveway and asked him what I owed him. He said "well I told you $25 to which I laughed. I was perfectly happy to pay the
man for his 2 hours of work plus a broken prop wrench but he
wouldn't take a penny more than the $25 that he had originally
quoted me. Then he jumps in the Schiada and starts pulling up
the floor boards explaining that he really should check the clearances etc of the prop shaft since we had been pounding etc.
There goes another hour. I felt guilty and got him a gift certificate
for Shugrues but his way of doing business was commendable.
His assistants are also very competent and his wife is a very nice
person. I suppose that we can all occasionally improve on our
people skills but Steve does great work and he means well.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

slowinhavasu
10-29-2003, 05:59 PM
yo LOCO...give us a jingle we'll come by and drink your beer...lolo
Steve, you nailed it...
I spend a couple hours a week hangin around Steves shop, small boats, big boats, it doesn't matter. Steve will work on it.
Your money doesn't matter, but your attitude does.
So, if you want the the best around, take it to Steve and Kelly....
:cool:

locogringo
10-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by slowinhavasu
yo LOCO...give us a jingle we'll come by and drink your beer...lolo
Steve, you nailed it...
I spend a couple hours a week hangin around Steves shop, small boats, big boats, it doesn't matter. Steve will work on it.
Your money doesn't matter, but your attitude does.
So, if you want the the best around, take it to Steve and Kelly....
:cool:
Hey, we'll be there over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Call the house out there or my cell.