PDA

View Full Version : boards between fender and boat ?

jboehm
10-23-2003, 08:29 AM
my trailer fenders do not have any, nor does it look like it ever had any. should i have some? the boat shows marks from rubbing on bare metal(inside fender contact) . also , the trailer has 8 inch wide wheels and the tire width would not allow a board to be in place. should i not worry about it and simply be careful putting the boat on , or do i make some ASAP?

superdave013
10-23-2003, 08:50 AM
maybe put a wider tire on it. Then the boat will just rub the tire insted of the fender. :rolleyes:
Really, if I was you I would put some sort of fender pad on it. Mine are just wood covered in carpet.

Danhercules
10-23-2003, 08:55 AM
I ran in to a problem of too wide of tires. Accually, the rim was the wrong offset, that made the inside of the tires rub on the trailer. It was only my spare that did it. You might need to fined a diffrent offset rim.

NorCal Gameshow
10-23-2003, 08:56 AM
i'd be worried about rocks bouncing around in the fender and being thrown on the boat when you tow....

HOSS
10-23-2003, 08:56 AM
I do not have boards inside of mine. I do however have wide tires on my trailer and the boat does rub against the tires as Super Dave stated. I do have a rub rail inside of my fenders bolted to the same holes the wood(carpet coverred) was. I can`t put the wood back on due to wider tires. If you haven`t bought rims and plan on it with wider tires get correct back spacing to allow for the wood. I overlooked that when ordering my rims so I can`t run wood. I could with longer studs and a spacer but am afraid that the longer studs might snap.

HOSS
10-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Forgot,,,I get my tires wet before putting boat on trailer. You could back in deep and have 2 others guide boat on trailer as to set in between fenders. Don`t be too loaded or the fenders will get crushed.

Taylorman
10-23-2003, 10:11 AM
I put on longer studs and spacers for that reason and have not had a problem. If towing it down I-10 does not snap the studs, no one should have a problem.

HOSS
10-23-2003, 10:24 AM
True dat!:D
What inch spacer?