PDA

View Full Version : Wanted HONDO Name Plate

navycook
10-23-2003, 04:25 PM
I was at the Lake Ming Drag Races last weekend and notice that some of the HONDO Boats had a HONDO Cast Metal Name Plate on their dash......
I have a 79 HONDO and would love to get my hands on one....
If you have one or know where I can get my hands on one please let me know.....
Thanks ........ NAVYCOOK:D

10-23-2003, 09:42 PM
So would I........:D

blownmoney
10-26-2003, 12:24 AM
that makes three of us!!, mine originally had a clear sticker that said hondo , then underneath no. hollywood, ca, i'd love a couple of them too... who's got the diecast dealio, theres three buyers right here!!

navycook
10-26-2003, 06:24 AM
Maybe if there is enough of us I know a guy that could make a few up ...... All I need is a picture of one.....

Jet City
10-26-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm sure the emblems are hard to find, but the roostware guys have come up with some cool stickers that are based off the emblems.
http://www.roostwear.com/honpr1.jpg

Jet Hydro
10-27-2003, 06:25 AM
:rolleyes:

Jet Hydro
10-27-2003, 06:51 AM
:yuk:

Jet Hydro
10-27-2003, 01:38 PM

Jet Hydro
10-27-2003, 01:44 PM
:yuk:

navycook
10-27-2003, 03:32 PM
My father sent this message out and had to fly back east for bussiness today. When I talk to him I will tell him how great thoes look. I think we should get a couple for OUR boat. How can we get a hold of some.
Mat

Jet Hydro
10-28-2003, 11:32 AM

Jet Hydro
10-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Your guess is as good as anyone's Dave. I would guess that if you found someone that could cast them they would want around 35.00 to 45.00 each with a min. order of a few hundred? They alway`s get you on a first time set-up charge and a first time art charge $$$$$$$$$$ it`s only money...lol...;)

roostwear
10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Jet City Rebel
I'm sure the emblems are hard to find, but the roostware guys have come up with some cool stickers that are based off the emblems.
http://www.roostwear.com/honpr1.jpg
Thanks for the plug! I have the Hondo logo available in vinyl, as well as t-shirts! I contacted Hondo before reproducing it, and have an agreement to reproduce it with a couple provisions.
I can produce different sizes if needed, just email me with what you'd like!

cyclone
10-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
What do ya figure one of those emblems would sell for?
RD
i still need a Rogers emblem mr. machine guy. a nice billet one for the dash would do me just fine!:D

Jet Hydro
10-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Thanks for the plug! I have the Hondo logo available in vinyl, as well as t-shirts! I contacted Hondo before reproducing it, and have an agreement to reproduce it with a couple provisions.
I can produce different sizes if needed, just email me with what you'd like!
And just how did you contact them?
How long ago was this?
I have their Logo along with other boat mfg`s on a CD that I bought so if your implying that I might have broken some kind of copyright law think again. :rolleyes:

roostwear
10-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Someone we know can do it with my graphics. Want me to make a call?

roostwear
10-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
And just how did you contact them?
How long ago was this?
I have their Logo along with other boat mfg`s on a CD that I bought so if your implying that I might have broken some kind of copyright law think again. :rolleyes:
Hondo is still in business. You may very well have it on a cd..... doesn't mean anyone that uses it is has license to it. I take trademark and copyright law very seriously, and do extensive research before I reproduce a graphic.
Who produced this cd?

Jet Hydro
10-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Ok what ever,:rolleyes: you win I`m done:rolleyes:
navycook
They claim that Hondo is back in business, so if I were you I would call them and get the real thing.

roostwear
10-28-2003, 06:30 PM
True. Hondo has been in business for some time. I;ve heard 3D has some of the moulds, but I don't know what production is, or who is making what under what name. Interesting history though.....

Jet Hydro
10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
How do I get a hold of Hondo Boats?
I would like to ask them a few thing`s about one of my Hondo`s? Is it his X-wife or is he running the shop again?
I`v been all over the internet and cant fine one thing on them but a few pic of some of the old boats on other web sites. Nothing about any new boats or even an address anywhere.

blownmoney
10-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Is it his X-wife or is he running the shop again?
are you talking about irv brendellas son? some one find out how to get a hold of these guys!! the'll produce these nameplates, might want 35 or 40 bucks for em

Jet Hydro
10-29-2003, 07:22 AM
I`m not sure what his name is, all I know is the story about the owner walking in on his wife while she was doing his partner. I was told that she got the business and didnt last long, he had started some other shop. You know story`s, never know if they are true or not.

Jim Brock
10-29-2003, 11:31 AM
I have a floor mount Hondo logo foot throttle if any body is interested,45.00 Jim Brock (818)890-1867

superdave013
10-29-2003, 12:44 PM
opps

superdave013
10-29-2003, 12:53 PM
opps again

blownmoney
10-29-2003, 11:30 PM
jim, do you have a pic of the throttle pedal?

blownmoney
10-29-2003, 11:32 PM
I`m not sure what his name is, all I know is the story about the owner walking in on his wife while she was doing his partner. I was told that she got the business and didnt last long, he had started some other shop. You know story`s, never know if they are true or not.
ouch!!
well irv has passed away..so you must be talking about his son?

roostwear
10-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Irv is deceased, as well as Peggy (his wife). Neither of the boys (James or Mark) are involved in Hondo. As I understand it, this was Peggy's wish. As far as who caught who, and what the circumstances were, I don't know, and wouldn't want to even dealve into that.

Jim Brock
10-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Blownmoney, I have no way to post picture, it's a floor mount. has two holes drilled in it, it's foot is flat with the hondo logo on it, it is so so' didn't look as cherry as i thought it was , sell it for $30.00. the sons were Mike and Jamie Brendell, Peggy got the business in divorce ran it for a while then gave it to Mike, Erv started up Brendella boats, Jim

navycook
11-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the information...... I will get a few things from roostwear.....
Just got back from Lake Martinez and had a great time ...... Only a few crazy people out..... Got home and have to head back east again......
Will talk to a friend that has a fabercation shop here in San Diego about making up a name plate as soon as I get back....
will let you know if it is worth it or not....
NavyCook :)

navycook
11-22-2003, 07:09 AM
Well guy's, back home war is hell !!!!!!!
Talked to a guy that runs a plaque shop here in San Diego, he said that we have a few options: He will only use the Hondo Boat lettering can't include California..........
1. 3"x8' brass plate with the Hondo Boat logo raised in the same script.... $65 ea min odrer 24
2. 3'x6' diecast of the logo from roosterwear $8.50 min order 100
Let me know who is interested and will get sample art work....

BrendellaJet
11-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
His name is Jamie Brendel. Not sure if he is running the shop, but he is Irv Brendels son. And it was his wife that left him...She got Hondo, he started Brendella...

BGMAN203
11-22-2003, 03:58 PM
I don't know how many sons Irv had. I never heard of Irv having sons named James or Mark. But Mike Brendel, Irv's son, and Hondo Boats factory drag boat driver back in the day, owns and runs MB Sports, which is a ski boat mfg. I know that 3d boats has the hondo runnerbottom molds that used to be hondo's. I haven't heard anything about "hondo boats" being back in business.

Jet Hydro
11-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Here`s what I`v found out on Hondo boats:
Irv Brendel was a John Wayne fan...lol go figure...
The name Hondo came from the Dog that he had gotten in on trade for doing a paint job at his body shop. Someone couldn't pay there hole bill so they gave him their Dog...lol... The reason he named the boat company Hondo was because he was told that the boats he was building were going to run like Dog`s. This came from Ray Caselli the Driver of the 007 Panic Mouse. So loving his dog as he did he passed the name on to his boat`s.