10-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Where are the pics? :(

TheLurker
10-25-2003, 08:58 AM
I’ve been wondering that my self.
I’m anxious to see it.

Cole
10-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Wes is building a party cat right? is there going to be more models?

rvrtoy
10-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Cole
Wes is building a party cat right? is there going to be more models?
To the best of my knowledge he has 1 model now. I don't know for sure if he has plans to offer any additional sizes or models.

OGShocker
10-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I have wondered about this boat for awhile. They are cloaked in secrecy. Is the design that different?
I never asked any questions because we just bought our Dana but, I just couldn't take it anymore.:D
Come on Froggy', share some pictures......;)

***boat
10-25-2003, 01:14 PM
http://www.tridentboats.com/party/handout.jpg

hot_diggity_dog
10-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ***boat
Sweet!!!!!!
HDD:cool:

riverbound
10-25-2003, 01:22 PM
looks like it is very user friendly
is the interior available in a different design?

Froggystyle
10-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Well... I guess that is what happens after you have a release party, huh??? :D
Thanks to everyone who came out last night. Too many people to list, but all were there for a reason... you have contributed in some way to the build of the boat and the company, and we loved sharing the evening with you!
To everyone who got the opportunity to sign an NDA during the build of the program, you can feel free to consider it expired, as we will be releasing all information on the boat and company within the next few weeks.
Look for major updates on the website, lots of build pics, and more events for our interested and registered parties.
A reminder to the boat industry... all proprietary features, components, design elements, logos, trademarks and all other indicia of Trident Custom Boats is protected under both national and international copyrights, trademarks and patents, and any questions regarding use of any of the above mentioned items are to be directed to our intellectual property attorney, Elise Tenen-Aioki at Greenberg Traurig at Tenen-AokiE@GTLAW.com or (310) 586-7894. Copyright protection also covers our graphics when released, so don't look forward to finding our graphics on anyone elses boats!
All items of intellectual property concern will be aggressively enforced, just as a reminder. We don't take kindly to splashing, and don't think anybody should. It is an unfortunately accepted portion of our industry, but not on my watch.
Just the beginning...

TheLurker
10-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Very nice styling.
I hope you guys are successful with this.
Will there be any kind of windscreen for the driver?

Froggystyle
10-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
looks like it is very user friendly
is the interior available in a different design?
I don't understand the question... are you talking about colors or layout?

Froggystyle
10-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
Very nice styling.
I hope you guys are successful with this.
Will there be any kind of windscreen for the driver?
The guage cluster is located in the windscreen area.

novaguy
10-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Whew....I don't have to be sworn to secrecy anymore....Congrats Wes on the boat. How did the mugs turn out?

Froggystyle
10-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by novaguy
Whew....I don't have to be sworn to secrecy anymore....Congrats Wes on the boat. How did the mugs turn out?
Absolutely incredible! Frank is a great guy too, who had a blast at the party I think.
Good guy. I look forward to doing a lot of business with him. Thanks for the referral. I have a couple mugs for you.

malcolm
10-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Very impressive! Way to go Wes!

novaguy
10-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Good deal Wes....I'm happy it turned out great. His son, Frank Jr. is a good friend of mine and just registered on the boards as Monkey Rage Frank. I posted pics of his boat in the jets section under "pics of my friends Cole TR-2". Check them out.....Talk to you soon.

Lightning
10-25-2003, 03:53 PM
What an awesome party, we had a great time. The venue was killer. Having all the people there who design, build, tool, etc... was awesome. Definately interesting people to talk to as well as listen to when they spoke about what they are doing. The open bar and all you can eat Sushi was a nice bonus too.:D

OGShocker
10-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Wow Froggy!
My buddy was at your shindig lastnight. He had a lot of NICE things to say about you, your company and the boat!
The boat is beautiful!
OGS

Dr. Eagle
10-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Froggy,
Very, Very nice! I hope to be a customer one day that is just what I have been looking for!
Great job!
Rob E

sandblasted
10-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it looks like an oversized sea-doo boat? :D
Something about the engine cover just reminds of it. I do like the side walkway though and I'm sure it will perform much better than a sea-doo boat.

Froggystyle
10-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Something about the engine cover just reminds of it. I do like the side walkway though and I'm sure it will perform much better than a sea-doo boat.
Yep, you are the only one.... ;)

jbtrailerjim
10-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Bitchin lookin boat Froggy! Can't wait to see one in person. When is the first one going to be ready? Are you going to have one at the L.A. Boat Show?

RandyH
10-26-2003, 06:14 AM
But where is the strippers pole???? Looks Great Wes. Interesting concepts. Good Luck with it.
RandyH

sandblasted
10-26-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Yep, you are the only one.... ;)
Someone had to try and keep all the accolades from going to your head. :D
Actually I registered on Trident's site several months ago and have been waiting to see the boat. Nice job! I admire your gumption for jumping into the custom boat market. We all know how tough the business can be.

BlownCole
10-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Wes I look forward to seeing you at the SEMA show, you are going to have a scale model there, right?
The revolution looks great!

Keith
10-26-2003, 08:41 AM
I can't wait to see one on the water.
I'm saving up Wes, can you ship one to Texas?

bigq
10-26-2003, 08:55 AM
So what are the demensions?
Is that a flip out front end that can open up to stairs for water or beach access?:D

NorCal Gameshow
10-26-2003, 09:09 AM
froggy, with your background what about military applications...
fast transport, maybe troop beverage replenishment :D

Caribbean Jet
10-26-2003, 09:29 AM
What sizes? and what size is this.

Froggystyle
10-26-2003, 11:00 AM
We are actually going to have a Texas dealership. There, and several other locations that we will disclose a little down the road.
The front end does articulate down for ingress/egress off the front (patent pending) and the side swimstep door slides away into the hull for easy passage (patent pending).
We will be more than likely building a fixed bow ramp military version for harbor patrol use, with an aluminum floor and gun mounts. Funny you mention that!
Boat hull is just under 27'. Total length with swimsteps is longer.
Thanks for all of the interest guys. We have a busy year ahead...

OutCole'd
10-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Wes, do you have any picture that show a better shot of the seating arrangment? Also what type of hyull is it? V, Cat, or something in between?

Jetty 468
10-26-2003, 11:28 AM
I like it !!!!

Froggystyle
10-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Wes, do you have any picture that show a better shot of the seating arrangment? Also what type of hyull is it? V, Cat, or something in between?
Something in between. We are tenatively calling it a "TriHydro" as it is designed to work hydrodynamically instead of aerodynamically, which BTW is a huge falacy on any boat the size and weight we are talking about on the market today.
There will be a pile of pictures made available sometime today or tomorrow on www.tridentboats.com, many of which will outline the interior for you.
Believe it or not, we do have a marketing strategy... and a lot of things are being released to our registered clients far before the website. Specs, pics etc...
Thanks again for the interest.

68campbell
10-28-2003, 10:58 AM
I am still recovering from the party! Good time though.

Screaming Pete
10-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Wes, Mrs. and Mr. Screaming Pete thank you for having us to the party. Your new boat is awsome and look forward to seeing it delevope. I was most impressed with the level of commitment both profesnaily and your Family :)

eliminatedsprinter
10-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sandblasted
The rounded lines, simple white gel coat, and the upolstry pattern do give it some of that appearance. However, it looks much more aerodynamic and performance oriented than most party cats and with a full on custom gelcoat and upolstry pattern it should look fantastic.:cool:

Sandbar Mike
10-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Froggy Congrats bro, The boat looks sweet.
:cool:

68campbell
10-28-2003, 12:53 PM
RD, I'm barely surviving. Tyler and I got back home at 9pm on saturday and worked til 4am at the bar.
I'm leaving Thursday at 7pm for Phoenix.
I'm thinking death by lack of sleep is coming soon.

clownpuncher
10-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Awesome ride Froggy. Where do the gun mounts go?

Dave C
10-28-2003, 01:15 PM
nice!
Looks like it has stadium seating..... good party ride:)
Sounds like from all the disclaimers you are either a lawyer in training or just got back from your lawyers office. ;)
Were you guys talking about some new fancy propulsion for this? or is this under wraps too?

fear the turtle
10-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Very nice, congratulations. Me like a lot. :eek: :D
Wow Every time I look at the picture I'm finding something new and different I like.
Edit - oops sorry just saw the question by BIGG and answer.......very sweet.
Congratulations again.

hot_diggity_dog
10-29-2003, 07:53 AM
bump

THOR
10-29-2003, 09:19 AM
I dig the trident symbol on the engine hatch. Nice touch!
Any estimated speeds? I know it is early, but there must be a guess floating around.

beyondhelpin
10-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Nice! Very nice!
A performance boat (right?) with a intelligent family or party interior layout. Whats the chances you will be able to do a padded sundeck for an engine cover? You know how the ladies like to lay back there and be seen while the party is going on!
When are you going to release the details? Engine, drive, speed acceleration, cost, etc?

hot_diggity_dog
10-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by THOR
I dig the trident symbol on the engine hatch. Nice touch!
Any estimated speeds? I know it is early, but there must be a guess floating around.
66.9 MPH for production purposes.
After that you can make a blower pulley change and get up to 750 HP give or take.

hot_diggity_dog
10-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
One cool thing, (I might be wrong in this and Wes is the guy to ask) The center spike of the trident is a billet ski tow.
RD
Dave you are correct a custom billet ski tow hook designed after the Trident emblem

Sea Esta
10-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Wes, great job!!!!! Wish we could of flew out to join you at the unveiling. Look forward to seeing the boat here in the midwest.

Froggystyle
10-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Actually, the boat will run a 69.9999999999 for insurance reasons, but as HDD said, if you wish to blow your warranty, you can bump up the boost, throw some good gas at it and top 750hp without too much drama.
We will be doing a padded option for the hatch, but I am thinking about making it removeable since the louvers look so cool, and do a great job letting the engine breath.
We have laid a towel back there on the plug, and we are not giving up much by not padding it, but we will see come production time. We actually included an awful lot of interior space for laying out purposes...
Wes

THOR
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Actually, the boat will run a 69.9999999999 for insurance reasons, but as HDD said, if you wish to blow your warranty, you can bump up the boost, throw some good gas at it and top 750hp without too much drama.
Wes
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. No pun intended on the 'blow your warranty'. LMAO

OutCole'd
10-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Still looking for pics???
Are they posted anywhere?

Froggystyle
10-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Not quite yet, but after your performance with "Inside Edition" I am going to send you a special set of links to the gallery! ;)
Thanks again for that... that is so cool.

Froggystyle
10-29-2003, 08:32 PM
E-mail me so I can send you a link...

Coach
10-29-2003, 09:43 PM
I remember seeing some pics or reading about using R&D's dual jet setup. Is that still in the plans or is for a diferent model? By the way nice looking boat. The engine hatch is trick and so is the side walk way. That is perfect for the kids in the summer like a built in diving board.:eek:

Froggystyle
10-29-2003, 10:00 PM
I will be using R&D Marine's unit. If they can figure out how to use a Marine Power set of pumps with it, I would be that much more stoked though...

RIVER WILD
10-29-2003, 10:13 PM
GREAT LOOKING BOAT WOW
WHAT KIND OF PERFORMANCE #S ARE YOU LOOKING AT
THE SEATING SEEMS TO BE COMFORTABLE AND FUNCTIONAL

Froggystyle
10-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by RIVER WILD
GREAT LOOKING BOAT WOW
WHAT KIND OF PERFORMANCE #S ARE YOU LOOKING AT
THE SEATING SEEMS TO BE COMFORTABLE AND FUNCTIONAL
We will be running just under 70 stock. (69.9999999 ;) )
I believe we have achieved a great balance between performance, safety and style. Time will tell of course, but with the hull we have, and the players that have put a pile of time and effort into the program, I think we are going to come up a winner on the design.

Screaming Pete
10-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Wes How safe is your R&D facility in Bulvd. :confused:

bigq
10-30-2003, 09:20 AM
We will be running just under 70 stock. (69.9999999 ;) )
I believe we have achieved a great balance between performance, safety and style. Time will tell of course, but with the hull we have, and the players that have put a pile of time and effort into the program, I think we are going to come up a winner on the design.
What is stock going to be considered? Jet, I/O, blower, no blower?

Froggystyle
10-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Like I said in a different thread, we have the boat plug on a flatbed already. Hitched up, ready to go.
Hopefully, we will be able to pull it down pretty soon...:frown:

Froggystyle
10-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bigq
What is stock going to be considered? Jet, I/O, blower, no blower?
Stock in jet form will be a Whipple Charged ZZ502 with a bunch of mods and tricks, with injection and the latest version of GM diagnostic injection programming. In addition, we will be using a Bassani exhaust with an O2 sensor in it, so this will give us a serious level of tuning that the industry has not grasped yet. Jet drive will be a pair of full size drives mated up to the dual drive intake and gearbox.
Stock in I/O form is a 6 liter Bravo.
Both should see the same top speed. Jet will be nearly twice as fast getting there.
To be completely honest, we are not seeing much interest in the I/O. With the deposits that are already taken, and the people who have expressed interest in purchasing one, it looks like 22 jets, 0 I/O's so far.

bigq
10-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Well i must say I like your version of "stock" best.:D
I have not ridden in a duel jet system, but have had all jets up till my last boat that was just to big for a single jet.
I would love to have a jet drive that could cruise at same speed and rpm as an I/O. Most of the time we spend is crusing and burning the motor at 5500 rpm just to keep up with an 350 I/O is not efficient.

Froggystyle
10-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bigq
Well i must say I like your version of "stock" best.:D
Me too!!! :D

gnarley
10-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Like I said in a different thread, we have the boat plug on a flatbed already. Hitched up, ready to go.
Hey Wes good luck on the endeavor, the image of your boat looks sweet. I know a little about making molds & plugs so I was just wondering how long since you popped the plug (age) & how long it's going to age before production & how well is it braced?

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Well, good questions I have no idea the answer to.
From what I understood, there was no aging process to the "plug". We are still building the plug, so by the time we pull the first mold off of it, the plug will be a little over a year old from start to finish... but I don't think that is what you meant.
From the time we pull the molds off of the plug, and start to build an initial part is not going to be very long I don't think. We already have units sold hanging on a test drive, and boat's number 1-8 already have owners and colors picked, so if the test mule performs well, which we have every reason to suspect it will, boat number one will go out within a month or so of the mold build.
Hope this answers your question.

Rexone
10-31-2003, 03:42 AM
Froggy, very nice looking.
One smart ass comment... are you going to offer the phalynx gattling gun turret option for control of errant personal watercraft? I think you'd sell alot of them. :D

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Froggy, very nice looking.
One smart ass comment... are you going to offer the phalynx gattling gun turret option for control of errant personal watercraft? I think you'd sell alot of them. :D
I have something better in mind...
Skeepwerkzaz showed me a great shirt the other day online, and I don't know where it is anymore, but it said "I love Jetskis..." with a picture of a Jetski with a targeting reticle around it... "At 12 o'clock with tone!"
I was thinking about lisencing them and putting our logo on the front!
Too violent though. Everyone knows I am a softie ;)

Taylorman
10-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Whats these things going to be priced around?

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Right around $110K it looks like. That may be a little higher than we are able to come in at now that we have seen some cost savings during pre-production, but that will be full retail.
Note to all... we will NOT be selling factory direct. The only way to buy one is through a specially qualified dealer network. The only exceptions to the rule is that we are going to offer 10 boats on a promotional basis, pre-dealer delivery that will have some significant cost savings. For this price, we will need access to the boat for promotions, shows, magazines, tv and movies. The boat will be delivered in near perfect condition, with some hours on it and the warranty re-setting upon delivery. (clock starts then I mean) Initial run of boats will also be needed for testing and evaluation, as well as dealer network building. We are extremely interested in selling these first boats in other markets as well.
You all know how to get a hold of me... wes@tridentboats.com
I will be in SEMA for a week, so don't be upset if I don't respond immediately. I expect a very busy week.
Thanks all...

Froggystyle
10-31-2003, 10:28 AM
BTW, all pre-production deposits and contracts are subject to a satisfactory test drive. No BS here...

Blown 472
10-31-2003, 10:36 AM
110k?? holy shit.