PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have info. on Python boats

akrapovic1
10-25-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm looking at a 1998 27 Python and I can't find any information on them(quality, durability, etc.)

Dr. Eagle
10-25-2003, 10:12 AM
I have not heard of them personally...

mikev
10-25-2003, 10:39 AM
they build them here in georgia they seem to be decent quality the hulls are a splash of the Donzi classics. so the rough water ride is good. here is a link to there home pagepython home page (http://www.pythonboats.com)

mickeyfinn
10-25-2003, 03:29 PM
I live about 4 miles from their manufacturing facility. They have greatly reduced the emphasis on the python name. I assume the economy is hitting them pretty hard. The sales area up front is now selling cookie cutter boats as well as the pythons. They build some mean boats but have to be careful, I heard they had a couple of years where the Gelcoat had problems with blistering after a few years. I would think that if you are looking at a 1998 and the Gel looks okay now it is probably not one of the problem years. They generally look and sound a little faster than they run, especially if you are comparing them to the west coast boats. They are pretty and laid up heavy though.

Jbb
10-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Hot Boat did a couple of reviews a few years back on the 18 and 24 ft Python....
Compared to just about any West Coast boat the gel is not nearly as nice
The test Boats had big power and these boats are a LARGE handfull to drive at higher speeds ...The very deep v has a bad chine walking tendancy ...I believe the Hot Boat tester said something to the effect of ...Python says this boat is capable of 90+ Mph ......but not with this driver on the boat....