PDA

View Full Version : Wirlwind

SANGER-RICH
10-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Is it nessary or not to run a wirlwind on a hydro as compared to a flat????

cal***boat
10-25-2003, 04:03 PM
RIch, Safety first.
I myself won't have a v-drive with out one installed, I have had boats both ways and once you have a whirlaway you won't want to go back.
Send me your e-mail address so I can send you Ralph's phone numbers. The e-mail link in your profile does not work.
dlakatos@mchsi.com
Talk to ya soon, Dave

ssmike
10-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Its a "Whirl-A-way" (made by Casale)
Menkens (Tom Bentley) and J.J. Beaver (Beaverfab) both also make this part, although they call it a "prop release."
I would recommend getting a hold of Bentley or JJ first. They each do excellent work.

Kim Hanson
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
I was told, I will get wet.....I don't have one either and it sure didn't stop me from keeping it to the floor...I should be wearing a life-jacket though...or one of those " LifeLine Vests ".........( . )( . ).......:D

Screw loose
10-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Kimmy. Youre boat don't go fast enough to make fun of, but your trying and that's what I like about Ya's.

superdave013
10-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I was told, I will get wet.....I don't have one either and it sure didn't stop me from keeping it to the floor...I should be wearing a life-jacket though...or one of those " LifeLine Vests ".........( . )( . ).......:D
Kim, if you're haulling ass and the engine locks up on ya for any reason yes, you will go swimming.

GofastRacer
10-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
If the boat goes 70 or better, put one in unless you don't value your ass or the one sitting next to you!..:rolleyes:

Infomaniac
10-25-2003, 08:40 PM
He has been given the Infomaniac lecture on that already.

GofastRacer
10-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, let's hope it sunk in!..:)

CircleJerk
10-26-2003, 07:43 AM
If you dont mind......I, the royal JeRk would like to add a touch. We have found, that when entering a turn and off the throttle after a straightaway blast, the boat just glides into the turn. Usually,without a release, the boat will torque steer left or right depending on which way your prop turns. This can be violent right when you need to be smooth for the best corner entry and exit. No one told me I could be faster after a prop release was installed. I had always know the safety factor so after trading and more trading I had two units in both Laveys and what a difference! Now, after entering the turn, the boat wants more throttle as soon as you round the first buoy! Its almost like it talks to you,"hey dummy, if you want to win this thing, mash my gas NOW". So I end up full open all the way through the turn. If you think a JeRk would kid you as to this, you are mistaken! Just ask my competition that is faster on the straights {yes you, lurking Dave} and are just about to pass me. As soon as they can read my SS83 at the end of the chute, I accellerate away from them and leave them behind in the corner! Right Dave? This is mainly due to that shaft release, in a JeRks opinion. Now, anyone have a RH release for the new AquaCraft of mine????? Would anyone like to sponsor me or our Nosty fleet with a reduced price???? We sure have a lot of slower boats that could benefit!:)

SANGER-RICH
10-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ssmike
Its a "Whirl-A-way" (made by Casale)
Menkens (Tom Bentley) and J.J. Beaver (Beaverfab) both also make this part, although they call it a "prop release."
I would recommend getting a hold of Bentley or JJ first. They each do excellent work.
I realize that it is a "Wirl-A-way" I was tired and did not pre-read my post , I was in ahurry after working on the Hydro and getting ready to go to the Cow Palace for the rodeo. :D