PDA

View Full Version : 350z

HOSS
10-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Anyone got one? My wife and I are looking at them today. She likes them and wants one. We are however also really interested in the 330i BMW. And at the same time are anxiously waiting the arrival of the new Stang!

Tom Brown
10-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Mustang? Sell that shit and find yourself a cherry '74 Maveric with the 302 and leatherette interior.

BiggusJimbus
10-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I actually prefer the Infiniti built on the same platform.
G35 Coupe. http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-30568_sctid-12001,00.html
Much classier looking, same motor.

RiverRatMike
10-26-2003, 04:51 PM
BMW? Bring More Wrenches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

GlastronGuy
10-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by HOSS
Anyone got one? My wife and I are looking at them today. She likes them and wants one. We are however also really interested in the 330i BMW. And at the same time are anxiously waiting the arrival of the new Stang!
Hoss in a BMW? <gag>
Little Joe would kick your ass. Stick to the mustang.

HOSS
10-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Biggus, thanks for the link I looked at the site. Wife wants a sports car. Hell, at least she doesn`t want the Land Rover anymore.
I`m stayin` with my `99 Wrangler.

HOSS
10-26-2003, 05:42 PM
The Infinity does look better. It looks like the last generation 300Z`s.

Kilrtoy
10-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Wait for the stang,
In 05 it is rumored by ford, that they will have a limited edition Cobra with 500horses. We are waiting for that. Although the 350Z and the INF are nice......

Akamatsu
10-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BiggusJimbus
I actually prefer the Infiniti built on the same platform.
G35 Coupe. http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-30568_sctid-12001,00.html
Much classier looking, same motor.
I will second the vote for the G35 coupe. Awesome car, fun to drive, handles great. Some of the bells and whistles are neat too. Like the tuck away navigation system. Car&Driver car of the year last year I believe.
Akamatsu

HOSS
10-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Going to look at it tomorrow. I really want the Stang because of the retro look upcoming. That is one fine ass car.
The Z car has 7 more horses than the Infintiy.

dmontzsta
10-26-2003, 07:21 PM
In comes the Nissan addict. :)
If you want a great sports car get the Z. Greddy has a single turbo kit, Stillen has a blower kit and there is rumor of a twin turbo kit, which I believe is already out. They handle like a dream and that V6, well let me tell you Nissan's V6 has won awards the last 10 years. I have one in my Maxima with 275,000+ miles and it does not skip a beat. They are also quiet, but have a mean growl with exhaut or k&n cai kit. If you have any questions, let me know.

HOSS
10-27-2003, 06:21 AM
dmonzta, check pm`s.

flat broke
10-27-2003, 06:54 AM
Hoss,
If it were me, 330ci all the way. Yeah the 350z/G35 are nice, but the BMer is just a better car. If you drive both and don't look at the price tag, I think you'd end up going with the 330. One of my co-workers got an end of 03 330ci a couple of months ago and after taking a couple rides I'm sold.
No offense to the 350z owners, but the construction on the cars still has a bit of that cheap hallow plasticy feeling. As far as any of the aftermarket setups for the zcar, I'm sure you'll see more power, hopefully reliabilty wont take a total shit, and with any luck the mods and cars will hold their value so that every "fast and furious" wannabe college kid will have to stick to his/her civic as to not ruin any pride of ownership that might be associated with the car currently.
One more plus on the BMer, all of your scheduled maintenance is included.
My advice, Drive both without paying attention to the price. Just drive the car for what it was designed for, and then buy whichever one puts a bigger smile on your face.
Chris

HOSS
10-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks. If we got a BMW it would be the 330i sedan. But we want kids and that is why. But as I tell me wife we don`t have any yet so why not have fun now. Hence the Z car or the G35 Sport Coupe. We can get rid of it and buy the BMW later.

HOSS
10-27-2003, 07:14 AM
And I do agree about the cheap plastic feel and look. It runs rampad throught he interior. The interior just feels sorta cheap. Looks cool but also cheap. Like its not finished off. I just don`t like the hump in the roof of the Z car. The G35 doesn`t have it. Why? Aren`t they the same car?

leibniz
10-27-2003, 08:04 AM
I have a '95 Mustang GT with only 51k kms on it; pretty much mint. It runs great and has not given me any problems. As North American cars go, I'd say it's as solid as any other I have driven. Don't know much about the new models.
I'm still looking to buy a '68 Camero because I love that car... not to many of them around here. They've entered the collector age, but I'm thinking I should be able to find one somewhere...

TOBTEK
10-27-2003, 08:10 AM
HOSS.....You said "KIDS" in a above post. A 350z (great car BTW) isn't child friendly. A salesperson here at work bought a new 350 for his wife (she had to have one) and its currently for sell (not practical for every day use/small, without much storage room.....if you want it call me. She is getting into a new X5. We/she have had MANY 330's in the past and currently have a X5, the 330's are awesome cars with great power, great handling/braking, and are great "everyday drivers"....... AND FOR THE NON BMW PEEP'S...... can you name another car thats been in CAR & DRIVERS BEST PICKS top ten list for the last TEN YEARS STRAIGHT? NO PRESSURE/NO spam....but IF you deside to go BMW give me or ZIGGY a chance, we both work at BMW dealers and can BRO you out! dont rule out certified pre owned either free 100,000 warranty through BMW N.A and %interest rates% as low as 1.9% good way to save some bucks.....good luck either way you go.....toby

HOSS
10-27-2003, 08:47 AM
We know its a small car. We don`t have kids yet and can sell it when need be. I do appreciate the info and will keep it in mind. Thanks.

BADAXE
10-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Hoss,
I have a client in your area that is a Nissan dealer. If you do decide on the 350Z I might be able to help you out. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll give you a call.

HOSS
10-27-2003, 10:15 AM
What kinda prices am I looking at? Leather, aluminum brushed interior, 18`s, killer sound, rear spoiler, white paint, GPS, performance pkg, gotta be automatic for the wife. 350z and the G35 sport coupe.

MagicMtnDan
10-27-2003, 10:23 AM
It's tough to compare a 350Z or G35 to the BMW 330 - they're two completely different cars. Sure they both perform well but they're very different. If you want a coupe and want bang-for-the-buck, go with the Z/G35. If you want BMW cache and four doors, go with the 330.
As for the Mustang - do not get it...in the first year. Never, ever buy a first year model which the Mustang will be (it's an all-new car). Wait one year for them to know what the problems are and to fix them. Sure you might get lucky but then again you might not. And if the first year's models are really bad then you'll be hating life everytime you look at that pretty car.
Why don't you wait a couple years and get the new Vette :D

HOSS
10-27-2003, 10:26 AM
No I wouldn`t recommend getting a first year anything.
Yes! I want the vette. Wife doesn`t like them.

SUPERCREWJOHN
10-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by HOSS
No I wouldn`t recommend getting a first year anything.
Yes! I want the vette. Wife doesn`t like them.
We have a 2001 Mustang Cobra. This is an awesome ride. We had the chip adjusted by Saleen to remove the speed limiter and the boost increased slightly. It was originally 390Hp. According to Saleen we should be someware in the range of 420-450 after the mod.. These thing flat out scream. Look out you 911's, Vette, and other over priced super exotics.. You will hose them easily from 70mph up..A Viper on the other hand.. will give you a run for you $$
They ride pretty well for a sports car. We have driven it to San fran several times..