PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks .......

Her454
10-27-2003, 01:39 PM
TO ALL THE FIREFIGHTERS..........who are busting their asses out there saving homes. I know there are a few on the board...Clownpuncher, LittleRow Boat and maybe others. Living in fire country and comming close a few times scares the hell out of you. Those guys and gals are great and I for one appreciate EVERYTHING they do!
Traci

Lightning
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
I agree, they are definately busting their asses. They have a huge task on the way.
I called all of my clients that live in the main areas of the fire (which is pretty much everywhere in the county) and the ones that I was able to get a hold of, I have confirmed that 5 of them have lost their homes. There was a huge number of them that I could not get a hold of due to no phone service. I can't imagine what I would do.

Caribbean Jet
10-27-2003, 02:11 PM
These guys are great and as it stands right now there job just keeps getting bigger. Lets all pray that they can get a grip on this before more people are hurt.
Lets all do a rain dance...

HammerDown
10-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Bump...good one Traci:wink:

JetBoatRich
10-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Enough can not be said about these men and women who put their lives on the line. Thanks to all of them.
I always say when they are sitting in the station, cleaning the trucks, relaxing, etc that is a good thing. It means things are going well. They are earning their money this week.
Take care and get home safely.

Windy
10-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Robert {JetForFun} is out there to. He works for CDF...this is probably his first brush fire.

Her454
10-28-2003, 08:39 AM
So thats 3 Firefighters....any more here on the boards?

rvrtoy
10-28-2003, 08:52 AM
A special thanks to all those who worked so hard to save my house on Sunday night. God bless all of you Fire fighters and Police officers and Good sameritans in general. You are all Heros in my book.
FYI...my receptionist was not so lucky. She lost everything:(

Hot H20 Babe
10-29-2003, 07:02 AM
They are sending our guys now...Firefighters from all over.
Local men go to California to fight fires
By CINDY EVANS
MOHAVE COUNTY -- Firefighters from four area fire departments left for California Tuesday to assist with fire fighting efforts on the Cedar Fire near San Diego.
On Sunday afternoon, a crew of four from Bullhead City Fire Department, Capt. Bryan Ferguson, Engineer Mike Graham and firefighters Art Nivon and Jeff Stephens, left for the Rancho Cucamonga area.
A second crew of four from Bullhead City Fire Department left Tuesday, along with four from Fort Mojave Mesa Fire Department, three from Mohave Valley Fire Department and three from Hualapai Valley Fire Department, out of Kingman.
The four departments left in a caravan of fire engines early Tuesday afternoon from Needles. They will work together as part of a strike team for structure protection, along with personnel from Oatman Fire Department who will meet up with them later.
The departments were notified early Tuesday by the Arizona State Land Department for a fire engine and four firefighters each to join an Arizona strike team deploying to southern California.
The caravan had to travel down through Blythe and Interstate 8 near Imperial due to portions of Interstate 15 being closed in San Bernardino, also as a result of wildfires.
The teams are prepared for a stay of 14-16 days, possibly camping the whole time.
According to Capt. Greg Raymond of the Bullhead City Fire Department, the crew is prepared for just about anything.
"I have mixed feelings, a little fear and lots of excitement," Raymond said. "This is what we train to do. We will take all the precautions and hopefully come home with everyone safely."
Local firefighters who left Tuesday for California include Battalion Chief Don Evans, Capt. Greg Raymond, Engineer Joey Cornell and firefighter Mike Decker from the Bullhead City Fire Department; Capt. Harley Harmon, Engineer Eric Smythe and firefighter Mike Ricci from Mohave Valley Fire Department; Capt. Hans Schmidt, Engineer Kevin Smith and firefighters Eric Hunziker and Mike Partain from Fort Mojave Mesa Fire Department; and Capt. Jeff Campbell, Engineer Tim King and firefighter David Ravenberg of Hualapai Valley Fire Department.

2LKHVSU
10-29-2003, 07:42 AM
SDLifesaver works in San Diego.
Talked to his wife the other day.
She says he has been gone 6 days.

Her454
10-29-2003, 02:48 PM
BUMP. We lost 3 Firefighters today! C'mon lets give those guys some support! This is so tragic...they are working with no rest, in some of the most dangerous conditions possible...to save OUR LIVES AND OUR HOMES!!!!

rvrtoy
10-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Her454
BUMP. We lost 3 Firefighters today! C'mon lets give those guys some support! This is so tragic...they are working with no rest, in some of the most dangerous conditions possible...to save OUR LIVES AND OUR HOMES!!!!
Yeah...What she said!!!!!!!!!

Mandelon
10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Nick (SD Lifesaver) has a new baby too, he must be sad not seeing his brand new boy.
I was thinking these guys had a pretty cool job. Occasional hard work, but mostly not.....:rolleyes:
Looks like I was wrong. I apologize for even thinking that. Replace that thought with how brave, dedicated and important each one of them are.
The guys here in town from all over the southwest are volunteers. They WANTED to come down and risk their lives to help.
Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvrtoy
10-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Yeah...What she said!!!!!!!!!