PDA

View Full Version : Grey Davis is now running Qualcomm

CEO
10-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Mandelon, what a great point. Not only are you San Diegoians going to lose your ass on the fires, but the city will have to pay money to the Chargers for the non sell out in Az. Let's see if good ole Grey Davis can help screw this one up also. Grey gets blamed for everything, so why not this!
Tough break for the game moving, it would have been a Charger Victory I believe.

summerlove
10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
I don't get this poll? By making a choice, you're saying SD gets screwed again? For what? Because the game was relocated to another site? It's not the first time a NFL game has been posponed or relocated due to a natural disaster. While these fires were started by man, they are certainly characterized as a disaster, not being screwed.
To imply that the game is that big of a deal is missing the issue - there are fires that are killing people and destroying homes throughout so cal.
I don't think SD is getting screwed at all. In fact, I had tix to tonights game and was really looking forward to going. I think the decision to relocate the game was the right one. The smoke is so thick you can hardly breathe.
My .02.

bigq
10-27-2003, 03:35 PM
:confused: :confused:

MagicMtnDan
10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
What? Huh?
Who cares about the game tonight when people are dying and homes are burning to the ground! And please don't mention Gray Davis' name again unless he just died. Thanks

CEO
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
The poll was based on the comments made by mandelon, It's about the ticket guanentee contract with the city of San Diego. It has nothing to do with people dying, or the right decision about moving the game to Az, or any other crap associated with the fire, lives or burnt structures. Please my friends lost their House in the Claremont Fire!!!

eliminatedsprinter
10-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Folks around here in L.A. were glad when the Chargers left L.A. Sheeesh it's only for one game and it's not like losing a real team anyway:wink: I've got an idea :idea: why not ask for the Clippers back??I'd vote to send em back to ya.:wink: From what I can see the owner of the Chargers is a bit of a turd, isn't he?

Mandelon
10-27-2003, 04:29 PM
The Chargers expert negotiator pulled a fast one over on Jack McGrory and the rest of the dopey City Council a few years back. In exchange for agreeing to stay for a few years depending on their financial situation.
They arranged the deal so that every game is a guaranteed sellout for the team. If they don't win a game, ever again, they area guaranteed the income from a sell out. The city makes up the difference for the unsold tickets. Normally it is about 12,000 seats that go unsold, since the Chargers usually suck so bad.
It costs the taxpayers here millions of dollars a year. So by the game moving to Phoenix, we may be stuck paying for 60,000 tickets that will be unused. It could cost us $5,000.000 tonight.:(
This is what the thread refers to. The Gay Davis part is just a joke. I hope it does not work out that way.........:yuk:

CEO
10-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Mandelon, Thanks for explaining it better than I did.

CEO
10-27-2003, 04:36 PM
double post.........