PDA

View Full Version : Legal information...

integra
10-28-2003, 03:19 PM
If I should buy and US hot boat, how many are the taxes I have to add at the price of sale???
How many taxes do you pay in USA???
Thanx to everyone!!
FEDE
PS: I'm liking very much this forum!!:) ;)

ROZ
10-28-2003, 03:31 PM
I think that if ou tale delivery in a state that the dealer doesn't have a location in, or if you take delivery in international waters, you can avoid paying sales tax...
I've been wrong before.....

Dr. Eagle
10-29-2003, 08:33 AM
It is unlikely you would have to pay sales tax, there has to be a way to do it since you are not a resident of the US or a state. If you did depending on where you bought it from, it could vary from 5 to 8%, possibly a little more or less depending on the location.
There might be an export duty, but I reaaaaly doubt that. I think the largest cost is likely to be bringing it into Italy, shipping and possible taxes on your end. I bet there is an import duty on items over an incidental amount.

Dr. Eagle
10-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Come to think of it in your other post I think someone mentioned that Eliminator has some experience at shipping out of the country. Maybe it would be good to contact them if they have been through the process they could probably help you out.
www.eliminatorboat.com.
I owned one of their offshore boats for 3 years and loved it. Unfortunately the wife didn't so it is gone now. But I would recommend their boats in a heartbeat. Even if you didn't buy one from them, you may be able to use their knowledge of the process and the costs of exporting a boat to Italy...just a thought!

integra
10-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Thank you to everyone...
I knew that transport to Italy costs about 10,000 $, and then I should pay taxes too here,when boat arrives...
Maybe next boat if i have more budget, I'll buy in USA...;)
For now a dream remains...:rolleyes: :wink: