PDA

View Full Version : Kingman Smoke

Rod-64
10-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Well we have the smoke now. It looks like we're on Mars with the Orange Sky. My mom is having a hard time breathing and the smell is quite strong. My sister who works in Parker today says it's much worse. Can't imagine being at ground zero in So Cal.:(

Ziggy
10-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Pretty bad here but getting better today. Last few days it looked like a picture of the Orient during the SARS breakout---lots of folks with masks on.

JetBoatRich
10-29-2003, 12:41 PM
We had clear skies, until last night. Real windy and can not see the local hills. REAL NASTY:yuk:

Schiada76
10-29-2003, 12:45 PM
I just got back from Antelope Valley looking at property and it's blowing a MoFo, smokey as hell. They closed the I 5 again and there was lots of FD w/heavy equipment, fuel trucks etc. heading to Stevenson Ranch. This looks like it's going to get a lot worse the way the winds blowing. News said they caught two of human scum that set some of these too. Kill 'em.:mad: :mad:

Mr.Havasu
10-29-2003, 12:48 PM
The smoke has come to Havasu today also. I guess the winds have changed, hopefully it will send the fires back the same direction they came from and they won't be able to find new fuel.
the smoke is a small price to pay here if it helps the fire fighter get these monsters out.
My heart goes out to all those effected by these fires.

Terminal Velocity
10-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Here's what it looked like at around 10 am this morning in Vegas from my office in Henderson looking towards the strip
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/542STRIPHAZE-med.JPG
Its alot worse now. I can't even see the strip anymore. I can't imagine what you guys in socal are going through. Good Luck and God Bless.

Boatcop
10-29-2003, 08:18 PM
The smoke's been real bad out here, today. Tonight is the worst, so far.
I just drove back from Havasu and you couldn't see the tail lights of the car 1/4 mile in front of you.
Again my heart goes out to those who are in it, and have lsot loved ones. Homes can be rebuilt. People can't. :frown: