PDA

View Full Version : F'd up Phone Call

25Elmn8r
10-29-2003, 02:40 PM
So I am at work a week ago Friday and get a call from the wife. She tells me that the car(which sounded like the cart as in golf cart) was hit while she was picking up the kids from school. I made sure no one was hurt, thankfully, and ask her what happened. She goes on to tell me that some old lady that shouldn't be driving just ran into it, smashed the back in, pushed it up the curb and into the car in front of it.
At this point I am getting a bit pissed as we just got the golf cart and it isn't insured yet(It is street legal) So I tell her to hang tight and I will go get the truck and trailer to pick it up. She got all pissed off at me asking if I have been listening to her at all. I ask her what she means. She yells back that it was the truck, not the golf cart! I just didn't believe her when she told me, how fast was this lady going to smash the rear end of the suburban, push it up the curb and into another car.
I call my dad to run up there and check it out as it will take me about an hour to get there.
After an hour of sitting on the freeway trying to get home this is what I found
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/204DSC00244-med.JPG
A 78 year old lady driving a 1985 Chrysler minivan had veered over into the lane next to the curb and smashed into our sub, causing our sub to smash into an explorer. The old bag says there was a car on the wrong side of the road coming at her. The witness that saw the whole thing says there was noone near her when this happened.
So after about a week of being in the shop this is what it now looks like
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/204DSC00248-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/204DSC00250-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/204DSC00253-med.JPG
Anyway, thanks for allowing me to vent!

bear down
10-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. Sure the insurance can fix the truck but the time you spent to get it fixed is the real loss plus the truck is not the same. Good luck and God Speed!

Ziggy
10-29-2003, 03:09 PM
That sucks dude..to many that shouldn't be on the road still are.
A recent "letter to the editor" in my local paper had some old 93 yr old whining about them testing him at DMV where he promptly failed....his gripe was he can drive as good as anyone at 25mph, problem is he was talking about the freeway in the same sentence.
I know we will all reach that point sometime in our life and it would be hard(to say the least) to loose that freedom, at any age but wisdom has to guide us to know when we are a hazard or not.

1ASKYDV
10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
This makes me wonder what happened to that old fkr that killed 10 or so people in Santa Monica. The good ole AARP shut that one up real fast.
F*** those old people who can't drive.:mad: :mad:
PS, sorry about the accident, I have had a similar experiance.

Havasu Hangin'
10-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Welll.that sucks, partner.
On another subject...how is the wheel slippage on the ramp? Cured?
Hope they fix it as good as new...maybe with a few improvements...a few checkers would look nice!

25Elmn8r
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Welll.that sucks, partner.
On another subject...how is the wheel slippage on the ramp? Cured?
Hope they fix it as good as new...maybe with a few improvements...a few checkers would look nice!
HH aka Mr Can't leave Checkers Alone, ;)
The wheel slippage has been gone since the lift and new tires. Now if I could just get the mileage back that I lost with the bigger tires.:rolleyes:
As for fixing it as good as new, it is at the best shop that I know of. The insurance company is being really cool about replacing everything, including the rear suspension lift! I am just praying that there is no frame damage.

NorCal Gameshow
10-29-2003, 08:19 PM
looking at the damage it's a good thing it wasn't the golf cart....
it's scary to think what would've happened if it was the cart, i'll drive a geo when everyone else does...gas mileage or safety you choose....glad to hear no one got hurt

25Elmn8r
10-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
looking at the damage it's a good thing it wasn't the golf cart....
it's scary to think what would've happened if it was the cart, i'll drive a geo when everyone else does...gas mileage or safety you choose....glad to hear no one got hurt
You are right about that, but thankfully no one was in the car or any where near it.

sorry dog
10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
When I'm too old that my car is a danger to other folks, I'll get a motorcycle then.
...If they are still allowed 40+ years from now.