PDA

View Full Version : Water in the oil

pat r
10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
455 olds / berkeley 12JC-A
I keep getting water in the oil at WOT. I am running a pressure relief (set @ 20 psi) and a thermostat setup. Temp is fine (160 degree) but it still pukes water in the pan. Current routing is pump to gate valve (open 2 turns) to pressure relief to a tee into the log manifolds. Then into the thermostat housing and front of the motor where it dumps into the exhaust. I also blew the intake seal in the rear of the manifold. Any advice on how to keep this from occuring again? Buying oil, filters, and gasket sets is getting old.

kachina_labala
10-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Is your relief valve really flowing enough to relive the pressure? Is there restriction in the line? Ive routed my pressure relief to dump all pressure over 20 psi, unrestricted, out of the boat.
One way to tell would be Put a pressure guage in!

SSTSleakcraft
10-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Jumper all your hoses back to the block or plug them. Install a tee with ball or needle valve and air hose fitting on top of tee and guage on side port. Remove spark plugs. Slowly pessure up the cooling side of your block to 20 #'s or so. Check all fittings, around intake and front cover with soapy water mix to look for leaks. Should hold pressure indefinitly if you have no leaks. If you have a cracked cylinder, blown head gasket, cracked head you will hear it in the valve cover or spark plug hole. Make sure to roll the motor over by hand when checking and really listen and watch guage. Almost pulled my hair out recently when I found my problem....intake seat replaced and was cut too deep hitting water. Would only leak when intake was open. Tough too find, but i'm glad I did....Good luck

XClutchboy725
11-02-2003, 07:51 AM
It could be reversion. What is your cam grind?