PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust mods

DEL51
10-31-2003, 03:26 PM
I Have to quiet my current setup before next season.I was running blower headers from bassett.2+1/2 primary tubes to 4+ 1/2 collectors. I have a nice set of standard size twisties with 4 inch collectors.Both sets are water injected.The mufflers will be a set of rex louvered baffels. Could I use a set of super traps in conjuction with the bassett insert? Second question is for info or others that run zoomies.Would a baffled zoomie setup compare in noise reduction? if so, any advantages or disadvantages using this setup.Thanks for your time,DEL51

Infomaniac
10-31-2003, 03:35 PM
Baffled zoomies might overheat your engine if they are baffled enough to make a difference.
Rewarder makes baffles for their zoomies. Only designed to get you out of the no wake/park areas. Do not recommend using them when making any power. Not for high throttle use.
They try to rip out also from the pressure.

Heatseeker
10-31-2003, 04:07 PM
I have a buddy whose jet was running supertrapps on the OT pipes. It seemed to be alot quiter than mine, although it was a non-blown deal. I think he had 10-12 plates stacked per side.

Infomaniac
10-31-2003, 04:20 PM
We had a Super Trap rule on the sprint cars for several years.
Would take a punch to the bevel of each plate where the bolts went through. Would add a little more space between each plate.