PDA

View Full Version : This look familier??

WetWillie
11-02-2003, 12:25 PM
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/749668/42234478_1.jpg
WW:rolleyes:

pleasantcat
11-02-2003, 06:25 PM
wow! talk about a photocopy. i cant believe somone would copy another paint scheme. goes to show how close the dcb is to the eliminator in looks however. i didnt catch that it was a copycat "no pun intended" until i saw the name decal.:confused:

DogHouse
11-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Yeah but the Delaminator looks better. ;)
Oh I'm gonna catch hell for this...
:D

blown23vee
11-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey Doghouse, long time!! It's ok, we'll forgive you for the
"delaminator" reference!! If you didn't have such a damn nice
boat I'd come up with a good smart ass reply -
Talk at ya later
R

DogHouse
11-02-2003, 06:51 PM
What up Rick? Hey are we gonna have a Phx contingent at the parade of lights this year? If I can get this drive mess fixed by then I'm planning on going with some buddies from Tucson. They are already on board but I need to get the mechanicals taken care of before then. How's your drive coming along?
-brian

pleasantcat
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
let's see we've got the phx " broke drive crew" brian,rickand craig. so that leaves donnie,bill,sam and myself. are any of you guys going to tucson soon or will you guys not be going?
hey rick, think i could talk blondie into going:D

THOR
11-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Yeah but the Delaminator looks better. ;)
Oh I'm gonna catch hell for this...
Nothing wrong with joining the winning team of Eliminator!

blown23vee
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Hey Dog, what do you mean "this drive mess"? Don't tell me
you just had to be a member...it's an expensive club you know!!
Mine will get there to be ready for Parade of Lights provided it's
not completely destroyed.

fourspeednup
11-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Are you guys talking about the Havasu parade, or Tempe?
:cool:

blown23vee
11-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Havasu...

24ROD
11-04-2003, 05:05 PM
What up Rick? Hey are we gonna have a Phx contingent at the parade of lights this year? If I can get this drive mess fixed by then I'm planning on going with some buddies from Tucson. They are already on board but I need to get the mechanicals taken care of before then. How's your drive coming along?
-brian
Any room for a California Cheetah with rebuilt drive?;)

blown23vee
11-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Hell ya!

DogHouse
11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by 24ROD
Any room for a California Cheetah with rebuilt drive?;)
You bet Pops, wouldn't be the same without ya!
Be sure to bring along that four-hundred-and-sixty-eight-cubic-inch Chev-ro-let! ;)

pleasantcat
11-04-2003, 06:58 PM
468ci??:confused: someone running a small block??:D
j/k rick:yuk:

24ROD
11-04-2003, 07:24 PM
You bet Pops, wouldn't be the same without ya!
Be sure to bring along that four-hundred-and-sixty-eight-cubic-inch Chev-ro-let! ;)
Brian, don,t you mean four-hundred-and-sixty-eight-cubic-inch-BIG BLOCK CHEVROLET:wink: btw........ how's the arm doin?

pleasantcat
11-04-2003, 07:30 PM
pops, no i was givin ol' 23vee a ribbin for havin a small inch eng. both brian and i run 550ci plus n/a motors while our friends all have blowers. just some friendly funnin ya know:D

DogHouse
11-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by 24ROD
Brian, don,t you mean four-hundred-and-sixty-eight-cubic-inch-BIG BLOCK CHEVROLET:wink: btw........ how's the arm doin?
How could I forget? ;)
Arm is on the mend. Physical therapy twice a week keeps me honest. Movement is getting better but still sore and not a lot of strength, although I did manage to change the battery in the truck the other day. Yeah I know, never was a lot of strength, ha ha... :p
PT makes me glad I didn't let Sandbar Mike get into my stash of vicodan! I still pop one before going, helps to be a little extra brave when the therapist says "does that hurt???" :eek:
Got a pretty nice frankenstein scar on the top of my wrist now. Two big plates and ten screws should be fun at the airport.

DogHouse
11-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by pleasantcat
Small block, LMAO! :D

blown23vee
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by pleasantcat
:D :D no problem, Sean. I forget how big your engine actually is,
probably 'cause I can't see it from BEHIND me!
Seriously ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

DogHouse
11-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Oh now that wasn't very nice... :D

pleasantcat
11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
behind you:confused: does your truck float? ohh im sorry you ment when your boat was running:yuk: whats that like having all that pretty boat, new motor and it wont move?
just kidding rick i had to reply after your comment at lunch:D
i do remember when my boat broke. it was sooo terrible trying to find new belts and put'em on:p
ok i'ld better shut up before something goes wrong in my lil canoe.:rolleyes:

Donnie
11-06-2003, 07:47 PM
We should be there:D ...but I don't know wheter we will have the boat or not...might just head up in the vette and drink beer at Bill's:eek:
Griffin and I are racing at firebird this weekend if you don't have anything going.

UnionJack
11-06-2003, 08:07 PM
sweet

UnionJack
11-07-2003, 06:08 PM
I saw that paint job on a DCB... I think it is andy's boat, but I am unsure

mbrown2
11-07-2003, 06:40 PM
My memory says that the first boat to have that grafx was the 144 Mile 25 Ft Daytona in the white/yellow/blue scheme....Then Andy recreated it in the white/red/gray Mach26....Then Eliminator comes along with a pretty close copy of Andy's...with the gray windsheld instead....Duplication is the sheerest form of flattery..:D :)

UnionJack
11-07-2003, 08:01 PM
I totally agree with mike on the coping

TOBTEK
11-07-2003, 08:19 PM
yeah............................its kinda a drag when you spend big bucks for a new DCB and someone copies it:rolleyes: :D .....1st time at Havasu a few months back there was another photo copy of Chuck and I parked at Kokomo's(SP?) think it was a big magic cat.
I think I should be getting a royalty for every copy:D

Steamin' Rice
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
My memory says that the first boat to have that grafx was the 144 Mile 25 Ft Daytona in the white/yellow/blue scheme....Then Andy recreated it in the white/red/gray Mach26....Then Eliminator comes along with a pretty close copy of Andy's...with the gray windsheld instead....Duplication is the sheerest form of flattery..:D :)
I was thinking the same thing.......:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1DSCN65671-med.JPG

BADBLOWN572
11-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
....Duplication is the sheerest form of flattery..:D :)
I thought the same thing until someone did it to my boat. I was upset because I was the original designer of ever little detail on my boat. I was the one that sat down with the graphic desginer and said "this is what I want" I talked to the painter, I was there when it was sprayed, I was there when they were stitching the interior, etc... The guy who copied my boat copied my colors, graphics, and the interior graphics/configuration exactly. Even the fades were the same. My boat was in the showroom when the other guy came in and basically said "I want that one...just less the good stuff." He wanted my exact look, just with a bone stock power plant and no options. I was pissed when I saw that thing get popped out of the mold looking like mine. I wanted to take a chain saw to the boat, but I just went and drank a lot to calm down. First time I saw that boat on the water the guy got to see my white ass cheeks passing him. Still to this day, when I see the guy on the water I flip him off (he is an a-hole). Can anyone tell I am bitter???

mbrown2
11-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Can anyone tell I am bitter???
Yeah...your bitter:D j/k....
Your situation sounds a little over the top...:mad:
The reason I made that comment was partly because the history of the grafx discussed in this thread, but also tongue-in-cheek on my own grafx....I took the Cobra design, and with DCB's help changed it, added to it, and adapted it to a canopied boat....It was the colors and design I liked, so I changed it and adapted it for my boat...not a direct copy, but similar....but there is nothing to say that someone will not copy what I did, and if it does hopefully they will change it a bit, but if they don't....oh'well....there is always that 36' Nortech I can step up to:D :D :D

BADBLOWN572
11-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I agree. I took different "ideas" from different boats that I saw around and I combined these "ideas" to form a completely unique design that was mine. When someone copies your interior and paint without changing it, there is no vision involved. In my opinion the reason why you buy a custom boat is to have things your way and to be one of a kind. When someone duplicates the boat it depresses me. If I wanted a boat that looked like everyone else's I would have bought a Bayliner. I am hoping that my problem will go away soon when the boat is sold so I can then design new graphics for a bigger boat that will be unique...until the next jerk copies it.
<~~~would never ever, ever, ever buy a Bayliner.

Charley
11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
no matter what Tobtek says I had drawings of my paint job before I ever saw his ;):p

DogHouse
11-11-2003, 06:30 PM
When I ordered my boat, I told them I liked the deck boat that was at the 2002 Phx boat show. I said "do something with those colors, but let your gel artist modify it to come up with something a little different." I had designed the graphics on my previous boat and this time I wanted help from someone with more experience at being creative with color and design. Oh well, I still like it... :rolleyes:

pleasantcat
11-11-2003, 08:24 PM
i had the last boat done in my design and im now going to redo my new(used) boat with the same idea just different colors. im lucky in the fact that i have no idea where my old boat is.