PDA

View Full Version : GT's New 25 Bullet

dr. margarita
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey GT! How about an update?:D

TPI
11-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Update:
The boat is out of the mold and I am very pleased with the way that it looks. Its definately different, especially out in the sun. It should really turn some heads out on the water. I am still working on the engine and hopefully dyno tuning by Christmas. The fires have kept me real busy, so I have spent the last couple days "unwinding". Here is a little sample of my new "Bass Boat", for all of you that cannot wait. I personally cannot wait to drive this thing. Enjoy:D Edited: I lost the pic, while trying to post it. Tobtek posted it and apparently his pic is gone now. I will post it below, Thanks.

phebus
11-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GT
Update:
The boat is out of the mold and I am very pleased with the way that it looks. Its definately different, especially out in the sun. It should really turn some heads out on the water. I am still working on the engine and hopefully dyno tuning by Christmas. The fires have kept me real busy, so I have spent the last couple days "unwinding". Here is a little sample of my new "Bass Boat", for all of you that cannot wait. I personally cannot wait to drive this thing. Enjoy:D
Gotta love that orange, and the flake looks killer! :D

dr. margarita
11-03-2003, 10:04 PM
WOW! Those fires must have really lit your imagination GT!! Your graphic talent simply amazes me! The asymmetry will send the best gel coaters in the industry still messing with the tribal look scratching their heads wondering why the can't think of anything new!! Way to go!!

TOBTEK
11-03-2003, 10:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=494342
looks great! cant wait to see it completed:)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=494844

TPI
11-04-2003, 06:24 AM
I am having a little trouble turning this attachment into a pic. Sorry

Essex502
11-04-2003, 06:58 AM
GT - What motor are you going to put into this one? How do you top the last motor?:)

integra
11-04-2003, 07:26 AM
You're very lucky!! 25 bullet is fantastic!!
maybe my next boat, after Linetti...
:)

TPI
11-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Cant top the Quad/EFI, that is a great engine. Im hanging on to that motor for later:D I am currently building a 600+HP/EFI for the new Bullet. I want to install an engine that I willget 100% use out of. I used about 20% of that Quad rotor 90% of the time. But that 10% sure was cool, Im going to miss it. This new one should still run in the mid-high 80's, which is plenty for the family. We will see, it should be a lot of fun.

Hustler
11-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=494342
looks great! cant wait to see it completed:)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=494844
Ohh come on!!! Thats all we get?:p :D

Essex502
11-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by GT
Cant top the Quad/EFI, that is a great engine. Im hanging on to that motor for later:D I am currently building a 600+HP/EFI for the new Bullet. I want to install an engine that I willget 100% use out of. I used about 20% of that Quad rotor 90% of the time. But that 10% sure was cool, Im going to miss it. This new one should still run in the mid-high 80's, which is plenty for the family. We will see, it should be a lot of fun.
That's exactly the type of combination I'm interested in. The wife and I have the short list down to 25 Bullet and the 260AC Hallett. both fit the garage - she likes the Hallett , I like the Bullet. Either way the boat needs to be mid 80's.

fourspeednup
11-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Very nice....:D Can't wait to see the rest
Is that metal flake I see? Maybe my boat will come back into style:rolleyes:

TPI
11-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh Yah, thats definately flake! Its a nice design with a retro edge. Lets see what happens with it. The TP600+/EFI should be a really nice combination. But I think the quad rotor will have to make an appearance before 2005. I really would like to see a smooth 115-120 mph in this new boat at some time. I would really like to blister that 111 mph run. I know the boat likes the speed, I just need to provide a little more boost, and maybe a 34 lab prop.

SoCalOffshore
11-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey GT. Are you personally building the engine? If so, do you build for others? Inquiring minds want to know.
P.S. Thanks for your help saving Ventura County. I wouldn't want to have had to move back to LA :D

mbrown2
11-04-2003, 04:51 PM
GT, do you have anymore PICs; that thing looks like it is going to be sick...I like the touch of flake...

TPI
11-04-2003, 05:13 PM
I have a small marine performance business, building 3 different performance EFI engines and providing marine fabrication and complete rigging/installation of new boats. This TP600+EFI is my latest, and probably the most time consuming to research. The supercharged EFI's make very good power fairly easily, but to squeeze A TRUE 600+ hp out of a 502 EFI on pump gas and turn it loose to the "everyday boater" is not an easy task. I am currently looking for a location in Newbury Park to provide this service. I expect to be "on line" with the business by the Spring of 04. I have several engines "out there" right now and I have been building them on an appointment basis for repeat customers. As far as the boat goes: The Gel coat is pretyy sick, Of course I had to throw in my trademark Orange, but thats actually not the main color. Thanks guys, I am glad to hear the positive feedback. Because you never know for sure what you've got until it pops out of the mold. It was a sigh of relief to see it look so good.

SDLifesaver
11-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Looks good Gary, can't wait to see the whole thing. Nick

Faster Daddy
11-04-2003, 11:52 PM
I loved your last boat, and the flake in the new one looks hot! You sure have a talent for pic'n gel design. I can't wait for more pics.

bigq
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GT
I have a small marine performance business, building 3 different performance EFI engines and providing marine fabrication and complete rigging/installation of new boats. This TP600+EFI is my latest, and probably the most time consuming to research. The supercharged EFI's make very good power fairly easily, but to squeeze A TRUE 600+ hp out of a 502 EFI on pump gas and turn it loose to the "everyday boater" is not an easy task. I am currently looking for a location in Newbury Park to provide this service. I expect to be "on line" with the business by the Spring of 04. I have several engines "out there" right now and I have been building them on an appointment basis for repeat customers. As far as the boat goes: The Gel coat is pretyy sick, Of course I had to throw in my trademark Orange, but thats actually not the main color. Thanks guys, I am glad to hear the positive feedback. Because you never know for sure what you've got until it pops out of the mold. It was a sigh of relief to see it look so good.
What are the 3 configurations that you have? this 600 HP is going to be 502 CI ?

TPI
11-05-2003, 10:02 AM
My current 3 engine configurations:
TP600+EFI ( 502 CI NA)
TP800EFI (540 CI whipple 3300)
TP1000EFI (540 CI Whipple Quad-Rotor)
All 3 are 91 octane, pump gas motors.

TPI
11-05-2003, 01:56 PM
OK, Here's atother one:D http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=496515

mbrown2
11-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Dam...just teas'n us with the pics....GT, that looks really trick...can't wait to see the rest of it...

Hustler
11-05-2003, 02:25 PM
GT, Your a true Bass Fisherman now :D
Originally posted by GT
OK, Here's atother one:D http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=496515

Troubles No More
11-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Removed pic

rivercrazy
11-05-2003, 03:00 PM
I thought Howard was one of those Mfg's that joined the deck and bottom while both were still in the mold. Is this not the case?
I really don't know if its better to do hulls this way but that is what I've always heard.
BTW - that gel coat is bad-ass!:D

TPI
11-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Cmon dog red(LOL) I didnt want to give that much info yet:p I was going to ease into it. Thanks dogred(lol) for removing the pic, you almost "stole my thunder". I was wondering if anyone would snap pics of it while it was going together. :D Which boat in the shop is yours?

TPI
11-05-2003, 03:14 PM
RC, The boat is a "shoebox" style hull. It would be impossible to put the two together without removing the top and the bottom from their molds. Both the top and bottom are trimmed perfectly before they are removed, the top was resting here for a little bit at one point during the process. Here is the finished product, Its a "silver Bullet" with some candy purple/orange. The flake is only in the "silver", its pretty wild in person.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=496608

TPI
11-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Another 1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=496645

rivercrazy
11-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Gotcha. My boat is also Shoebox style but I've seen it done the other way on Buttfit type hulls.
That gelcoat is awesome seeing both pieces joined! Congrats...

Steamin' Rice
11-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Nice gel design....I like that a lot...:D

TPI
11-05-2003, 03:56 PM
No doubt about it, that would definately be the way to "accurately" join a buttfit hull, otherwise it seems like it could flare in and out everywhere, although I have seen some manufacturers pull both sides of the "buttfit" mold before placing the seam, and they came out very nice. I leave the glasswork to the experts. Hand laying fiberglass is definately not one of my strong points. These guys at Howard are doing a great job on my "layup". Thanks for the complement on the Gel.

rivercrazy
11-05-2003, 04:15 PM
"Layup" ?
You going with a lighter than standard layup or perhaps using some upgraded ligher materials?

roln 20s
11-05-2003, 04:42 PM
GT-
Looks awesome man. Hey next time you are down there, could you snap a couple pics of those Cats in the background and email them to me. You can never have enough pics of cool cats.
Thanks,
Roln 20s

TPI
11-05-2003, 04:47 PM
This is standard for Howard, regarding the layup. Any closed bow 25 Bullet is built exactly the same way. The Hull is very fast, very stable, and very strong. I wouldnt think of changing a thing about the hull, it really works well.

rivercrazy
11-05-2003, 04:51 PM
I was just curious cause you used the quotes around the word layup. Didn't know if that meant something or not!
Keep posting pics as the boat goes through the build process. Its a fun thing to watch. I can almost smell the Resin....

dr. margarita
11-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
That's exactly the type of combination I'm interested in. The wife and I have the short list down to 25 Bullet and the 260AC Hallett. both fit the garage - she likes the Hallett , I like the Bullet. Either way the boat needs to be mid 80's.
Hey 502, nice short list! Here's a little info supporting the Howard. Check out page 109 of September Hot Boat. The specs for the 260AC shows a top end of 81.3mph with a 700hp Pfaff. The Bullet can do this with only 500hp! Also look at the performance of their air entrapment hull at lower rpm's. When the Howard guys saw this stat, they smiled a little. Hull efficiency between these to hulls is quite different!
Gary, the Silver Bullet is simply awesome.

TPI
11-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks DM, Im glad you like it. Here is a pic of the starboard side, its a little different at the bow. I wanted the CF #'s to have a different backround on each side. The way I look at it: Its like having two 25 bullets, since both sides are totally different by design. My good friend has his 02 22 Sport in the showroom for sale. When it sells, we will be designing him a new 25 Bullet cuddy/open bow. These 25's are really taking off. I know if my friend was ready right now, he would be 3+ 25 Bullets away from getting his layed up. Anyone interested in a Bullet? Now would be a great time to make arrangements to see them being built, in all stages. There are 5-7 of them over there right now in various stages for your viewing pleasure. Give them a call.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=497331

Essex502
11-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
Hey 502, nice short list! Here's a little info supporting the Howard. Check out page 109 of September Hot Boat. The specs for the 260AC shows a top end of 81.3mph with a 700hp Pfaff. The Bullet can do this with only 500hp! Also look at the performance of their air entrapment hull at lower rpm's. When the Howard guys saw this stat, they smiled a little. Hull efficiency between these to hulls is quite different!
So far I think I've seen all of the comparisons/tests in ***boat & Powerboat of these two. That's why I say the wife likes the Hallett and I like the Howard. The only advantages the Hallett has seems to be the larger interior, open bow only and maybe a little better stability - but that's open to interpretation. Powerboat couldn't say enough good things about the 260AC in the stability category.
Definitely the Bullett is a much more impressive looking boat! Also, another benefit is that I live within a "stone's throw" of Howard so I could watch my "second child's" creation!

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
That boat looks great, congrats

rivercrazy
11-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Yea. I think if was Pfaff motor. That Hallett is significantly larger than a Howard 25 Bullet though and is much heavier. But I still don't think it accounts for all the difference in performance.

Essex502
11-06-2003, 03:20 PM
If memory serves me....Powerboat went over 100 with about 1000 hp in the Hallett. I'll have to look it up tonight. Yes, you guys are right...significantly bigger and heavier. I'd guess the Bullet is quite light for a 25' boat. Their 28' is.

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
i know there are a few 25's that run well over a 100 with about a 1000 hp and the 28 ran 103 with a 900 hp twin turbo motor. the bullet is a much better behaved boat than the hallett AC from what i've read. and a 100 times better looking IMO.

TPI
11-06-2003, 05:41 PM
The week we were at mead for powerboat, the A/C ran 103 with 1050HP pfaff motor (1200ft elevation), my 25 Bullet was tested at 107.7 mph with 988 HP. Not too much of a difference in speed, but the accelleration difference is huge, if you compare. Also the speed to rpm drops significantly on the A/C at slower speeds(between 50-90 mph) At 4000+ lbs, the Howard 25 Bullet is not that light, and I feel bad that the powerboat guys did not like the way my IMCO lower made my Bullet's steering so sensitive. I know they loved it with the standard merc lower on it (recent test with a 496). Oh well, for me, at 100+ mph I loved that lower unit, it felt precise and very comfortable. The funny thing is: Most people will not put 1000 hp in a 25' Boat. I only did it to see if the hull would take the speed and still handle OK. It handles awesome! In fact, most people wont put 900HP, or even 800HP in a 25' boat. But they will put 600+:D :D :D :rolleyes: and drive the pants of it. At some point, i'll bet we see a Howard 25 Bullet running between 115-120 mph :rolleyes: . I guess we will have to wait and see:D

UnionJack
11-06-2003, 10:05 PM
That is so cool

Essex502
11-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by GT
The week we were at mead for powerboat, the A/C ran 103 with 1050HP pfaff motor (1200ft elevation), my 25 Bullet was tested at 107.7 mph with 988 HP. Not too much of a difference in speed, but the accelleration difference is huge, if you compare. Also the speed to rpm drops significantly on the A/C at slower speeds(between 50-90 mph) At 4000+ lbs, the Howard 25 Bullet is not that light, and I feel bad that the powerboat guys did not like the way my IMCO lower made my Bullet's steering so sensitive. I know they loved it with the standard merc lower on it (recent test with a 496). Oh well, for me, at 100+ mph I loved that lower unit, it felt precise and very comfortable. The funny thing is: Most people will not put 1000 hp in a 25' Boat. I only did it to see if the hull would take the speed and still handle OK. It handles awesome! In fact, most people wont put 900HP, or even 800HP in a 25' boat. But they will put 600+:D :D :D :rolleyes: and drive the pants of it. At some point, i'll bet we see a Howard 25 Bullet running between 115-120 mph :rolleyes: . I guess we will have to wait and see:D
GT - the ratae weight of the 25 Bullet is 4100# I believe where the AC is 5400 according to ***boat. 1300# is a lot of difference that may make up for some of the sluggishness you reported. The Hallett is a heavy boat, no doubt!

dr. margarita
11-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Can't wait to see it in the water GT. The design will look even better when it points slightly upward. Which rub railing are you going with? Do they make a pewter rail with a grey insert? :D How cool would that be matching all the other pewter? I love all the smiley faces in ll the right spots on your last post GT. I'm already working on saving the scratch for your TP600. I know the manifold exhaust works better, but can I get the motor with headers? I just like the look.
Hey 502, one thing I gotta say about the 260AC...it makes a great wakeboard boat and your wife is right, it has deckboat room inside. My wife wanted the 240S but since I picked up the tab for the Bullet, I got to choose!:D :D

TPI
11-07-2003, 09:30 AM
DM,
CMI headers are not a problem, and they do look cool. Any kind of american made hardware is not a problem to have installed, or I can fabricate you something, + I will be powder coating parts to the customer's color of choice, upon request, otherwise the motor comes Black with polished hardware(pullies ect.....)
Also: wow, 5400 lbs for the 260? That is a VERY HEAVY BOAT! I wonder wy its so heavy? In fact, at 4000lbs for the Howard, I would say that is just the right weight(if not just a touch heavy). That is a very big difference, I guarantee that would cause some differences in performance.
IM HEADED TO POMONA for the DRAGS!!!!!!!!!!:D

SUPERCREWJOHN
11-07-2003, 12:08 PM
That is an awesome Boat GT.. Howards execution is really impressive.
For the other user that was considering the Hallet Ac - Dont do it!! Hallett = Boring, inflexible, and treat their customer like dirt unless you're buying a 40 footer.. They are rigged pretty nice through!!

Essex502
11-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SUPERCREWJOHN
That is an awesome Boat GT.. Howards execution is really impressive.
For the other user that was considering the Hallet Ac - Dont do it!! Hallett = Boring, inflexible, and treat their customer like dirt unless you're buying a 40 footer.. They are rigged pretty nice through!!
SCJ - Don't you have some experience with Hallett? ;) ;)

SBullet
11-08-2003, 12:55 PM
GT,
Beautiful graphics!! That is going to be a sweet ride!:eek: :eek:

jbtrailerjim
11-08-2003, 01:42 PM
GT,
That's is going to be a bad ass ride. I like the graphics and colors.

TPI
11-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Thanks again guys for the positive feedback.
Just FYI, The Howard 25 Bullet will have several new features for 04:
#1. Howard has tooled an awesome one piece floor, that has the back seat base integrated into it, with an awesome "non skid" pattern", if the customer wants to run the boat without carpet. They also now offer snap in carpet to the customer, rather than fully glued carpet( the snap in is great for me, just in case I drop that record breaking Bass on the floor, and I cant get the smell out by removing the carpet, and cleaning it outside of the boat).
#2. Howard also integrated a cool "drip rail" support system for the hatch. Which not only directs excess water to the bilge, but it has added more support to the hatch area, without adding weight. You can never have enough support here. It looks really good.
#3. I believe that even the best thing can be improved(except for the bottom of the Bullet), and apparently the guys at Howard feel the same way. This boat IMO was perfect, and as you can see, the changes are basically "cosmetic" and for the customers convenience. Since the hull was tested in the "plug" form before the mold was made, all of the performance features(speed/handling)are in place. I would really doubt if any changes would ever be made to the bottom of this boat.

roln 20s
11-12-2003, 02:05 PM
GT-
I talked with Gene earlier today and he was telling me about all of those new features that you mention in your previous post. I can't wait to see the pics of these things. Mike sure is good and bettering a great product. I'm more impressed with the Howard operation now than I ever have been- thats saying alot.
Have you been able to get any pics of any cats being made right now? If you can, please try and email me some pics. I'd love to see the new cats coming out of there.
Thanks and can't wait to see the boat.
Roln 20s

TPI
11-12-2003, 06:49 PM
I ran by there today and the floor was getting finished up. Unbelievable. It looks so damn cool in the boat. When you guys see the "pattern" on the floor, I know you will love it. As fas as the Cat pictures, I will do my best to get a couple. But I think my camara only works on V bottoms (LOL):D

dr. margarita
11-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey GT! Would you kindly post some pics over at the Las Vegas Hot Boat site. The Hot Boats Cool People forum. There's some great people over their and I think would really enjoy seeing the Silver Bullet and knowing about Taylor Performance.
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi

Kilrtoy
11-17-2003, 01:10 AM
Ditto on the colors , nice

Essex502
12-16-2003, 12:44 PM
It's been nearly a month and no updates...how's the new boat coming?

hurleyr
12-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey GT,
Totally unrelated to this thread but I think your wife cuts my wife's hair. Terry? Anyhow, my wife has been seeing her for years and always comes home talking about boats. Her name is Teresa! Nice boat! Post a few more pics!!:) :)

TPI
12-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Its coming a long just fine. Im a little behind the curve though with the development of the new engine. The trailer is about done, and the boat is being buffed this week and the rigging will start next week. By the end of the month, it should be ready to fit the interior. Thanks for asking, I havent had much to post, and I wasnt quite done with the motor yet, so I have been just plugging away.:D
Also, Nice to meet you Rob, Wecome to the Forums:D

dr. margarita
12-16-2003, 09:32 PM
The motor look incredible GT. Did you have it dynoed yet? Love the platinum finish!

TPI
12-17-2003, 06:03 AM
No dyno yet. Some of my much need parts have been on back order for a while, and the fabricated parts just take time. I am really excited about the boat and the motor though. I am hoping 2004 is a good year for us. When the boat is all buffed out, I will post some pics. The L.A. Boat Show is barely a month a away!

Essex502
12-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Very nice! I'd love to open the hatch and see that motor staring back at me!:D

mbrown2
12-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Great looking engine GT...good luck with build-up...:)

dr. margarita
12-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Gary, Will there be any hatch modifications required to fit the TP600+? Right now my 496HO cowling touches the hatch carpeting.

TPI
12-17-2003, 09:29 AM
DM,
Your hatch will need a minor adjustment right at the top of the CMI flange(two places). Howard is making a new hatch for the 04 Bullets that should clear, but I am not sure if it will fit on your 03. Its no problem to fit your hatch, and it will look very nice. Another option would be to build the motor with powerflow exhaust and a lower risor, but it will impede on the horsepower a bit. The radius needs to be as smooth as possible coming out of the header to maximize the power. If a customer wanted to run "big tube" CMI exhaust, that would definately help the the flow and pick up a few HP, but at a costly expense. It sure would look good though, I love those things! And thanks for the positive feedback guys. You all will be the first to know how it runs.

TPI
12-27-2003, 06:10 AM
Here are a few of the latest pics. This boat is really coming together:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=543710

TPI
12-27-2003, 06:15 AM
And another:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=543711

TPI
12-27-2003, 06:19 AM
And another:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=543712

mbrown2
12-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Boat looks sick....like the way you carried the metal flake into the bilge area...now it really looks like the fishing/performance boat you were going for...:D

Hustler
12-27-2003, 12:19 PM
GT, the boats looking awsome!!! Are you guys going to have it done for the boat show? by the way I agree with mbrown, the silver in the bilge looks sweet

TPI
12-27-2003, 01:02 PM
The short term goal is to have it at the LA show, and i'm hoping my bilge can double as a "live well" or a bait tank(joking). Actually, Howard did such a nice job on the inside, the pics dont do it justice. We have got some silver clear anodized molding coming for it. Its really looking wild now. That Quad-Rotor just is dying to go in there, but its going to have to wait. TP600 for now!:D

TPI
12-28-2003, 06:23 AM
Sneak peak: TP600
I am making a polished stainless top plate for the plenum, with a hand painted boat matching TP600 logo and graphics. A little pricey, but it is a quality piece.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=544635

dr. margarita
12-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Absolutely stunning Gary!!! I think you were inspired by the shimmer of the stripers you've been catching when you choose the silver metal flake!:D The motor will look brilliant in the boat. Still hoping for a pewter anodized rub rail with a medium grey insert (but what to do I know? :D ) I'll get my B.A.S.S. fishing vest out when we hook up on the lake this summer. DM

dr. margarita
12-28-2003, 11:21 AM
I forgot one thing Gary...the last time I was talking with Gene, he was VERY complimentary about the look of your boat! Tom

TPI
12-29-2003, 06:18 AM
Yes, I agree, Gene and Mike seem to really like the boat. I cant wait until its done.

OGShocker
12-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by GT
Yes, I agree, Gene and Mike seem to really like the boat. I cant wait until its done.
When will you see her in your barn? My buddies boat took nearly one year:eek: after he had paid in full!

TPI
12-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Its going to the LA show, so it will be done in less than one month.:D

TPI
01-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Here is the most recent pic. 4 days until the LA show move in. We will make it!http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=565104

BrendellaJet
01-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
When will you see her in your barn? My buddies boat took nearly one year:eek: after he had paid in full!
Hopefully he learned his lesson...
Nice boat GT

bigq
01-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
One year to build or he was in line behind others for the build, big difference. I know sometimes Howards have a long list of boats to build.

mbrown2
01-18-2004, 12:25 PM
GT, when will you be at the boat show?

TPI
01-18-2004, 06:03 PM
MB2,
This Sunday, I hope, next weekend, and several days during the week. I hope to see you again.

dr. margarita
01-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Sick dude!!! I can't wait to see it! I'll be there Thursday afternoon/evening.

bigkatboat
01-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I've got an older Sanger flat, (red and black) with a 30 over 396 in it. I want to put a 6-71 and a couple of Holleys on it. How long will the cast crank last? Please respond soon, I want to run it in the next Havasu poker run. Thanks for reading! :wink:

TPI
01-24-2004, 05:20 PM
In response to the above post about the 396: Run IT! That cast crank wont care(laughing). Also calling yourself "Big Kat" is pretty risky, seeing how there is only one real " BIG KAT". The real "BIG KAT" and his lovely "MRS Big Kat" reside out in LH, and now enjoy fun in the sun as much as possible. I actually spotted the "BIG KAT Couple" out in Havasu once, a couple years ago while enjoying our Howard 22 sport. The "Big Kat" Family and I have some catching up to do, hopefully over dinner this spring, maybe sooner?Talk to you soon.

bordsmnj
01-24-2004, 07:40 PM
i believe i've seen your boat first hand at the boat show today GT. NIIICE RIDE!:D especialy that gel coat.

TPI
01-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks Bords, I will be at the Show most of the day tomorrow, We are really happy with the boat/engine. We will have it on the water in February!:D

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 11:48 AM
I was at the show on Sunday...too bad I did not see you if you were there...
Your boat looked awesome and the engine setup looked great....

TPI
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
I was there from 11-5, I did take a cruise around at one point to check out the show, sorry I missed talking to you. I will be there tomorrow and all weekend coming up. Thanks for the feedback.

TPI
02-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Well, its the last day of the show and I met a lot of great guys from the boards! The Bullet received a lot of positive feedback, and will hopefully be on the water in about 3-4 weeks. We would like to see the mid to upper 80 mph range, we will see and I will keep you guys posted:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=578626

Speedin' Ian
02-01-2004, 09:25 AM
I have to say my three favorite boats at the show were the Howard Cat and both the Bullets. I really like the clean lines of the Howard, now I just have to sell our boat and my superduty and I'll have a nice down payment

MagicMtnDan
02-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Gary Taylor's hot new 600HP (I think) engine in his great looking new Howard 25 Bullett. Nice work Gary (both the boat and the motor!) - can't wait to hear how it runs and see some pics of it on the water...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/672P0003407-med.JPG

dr. margarita
02-03-2004, 09:02 PM
I saw no other motors at the show that had GT's attention to detail. I photographed every new motor I saw and nothing compared. Every bolt head, miscellaneous plates, etc. were polished! The powder coating on the EFI unit and valve covers is flawless. Definately one of the more subtle highlights of the show!!!

MagicMtnDan
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
I saw no other motors at the show that had GT's attention to detail. I photographed every new motor I saw and nothing compared. Every bolt head, miscellaneous plates, etc. were polished! The powder coating on the EFI unit and valve covers is flawless. Definately one of the more subtle highlights of the show!!!
Hey Dr. M, keep that up and you're gonna get a discount! :D (You're right, GT's motor was stunning)

TPI
02-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey Dr M,
Shoot me a PM when you get a moment, Ive got something for you.:D Also, thanks for the ++ remarks. Heres a pic of the finished Engine Compartment.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=581172

Essex502
02-04-2004, 09:00 AM
When is that beauty going to be in the water for some test runs?

TPI
02-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Hopefully, by the end of the month.

BLOWN HOWARD
02-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey were does the line start to get a ride in that beauty

bigkatboat
02-04-2004, 10:57 PM
G T, How ya' doin'? I need a 1471 (no cooler) hat and pump set up, yesterday. Can you set me up? Hope your all doing fine, and if you ever talk to Roddy, say HI. (your dad and Kathy too)

TPI
02-05-2004, 06:27 AM
BKB, Yes I can set you up, and check your personal e-mail.
Blown Howard: I am sure the line will start at Gene or Mikes office door, maybe they will want to take it out for some testrides? If they are not to buried over there, im sure they would. It looks like they are building some really cool Bullets and Cats this season, stop by and check it out.:D

mbrown2
02-19-2004, 12:16 PM
GT,
Have you had her out yet? How is it running with the TP600?

dr. margarita
02-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Just a reminder...planning for the unofficial Howard Regatta is in full swing. SDLifesaver is on it for Father's Day weekend in Havasu. I just booked the weekend at the Springs. Look forward to seeing all of you there...especially GT's new "Silver Bullet"!

BLOWN HOWARD
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
That is awsome i thought i was going to see this deal go to the dumps i am glad to hear its in full swing. Do we have any pictures of the hats yet

TPI
02-19-2004, 01:47 PM
MB2: I havent had it out yet. I have about 40 hrs of work to do to it yet, and I just havent made the time. I will be on it next week, for the first time since the show. I will be ready for the regatta in June. I hope to have 20 hrs on the new boat before that!:D

dr. margarita
02-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, SDLifesaver just corrected himself on the dates. Check out the thread in the Sandbar forum. I think he's thinking the last weekend in June, not Father's Day weekend. That's probably gonna work better for everyone!

Essex502
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
The last weekend of June is the Essex Regatta in Havasu. If'n your planning on an unofficial Regatta and wanted to base it at the Nautical, then you might have a problem with that weekend as a lot of the Essex owners will be staying there. Just a heads-up.

BLOWN HOWARD
02-20-2004, 04:44 PM
ESSEX whats that i have never heard of one of those before is it a boat or car or what??????????:D

Essex502
02-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Hardy, Har, Har, Har! :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Just havin a little fun with ya Essex owner's, since they build them down the street from me.

Essex502
02-24-2004, 06:56 AM
There'll be somewhere near 200 boats at the Regatta based upon past participation.
I am leaning towards a Howard as my next boat as I live practically in their back lot. :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-24-2004, 04:40 PM
You know if you go for a ride in that new 25 i bet you will order one, as there are sweet and the best V bottom boat that size on the market by far.

TPI
02-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
You know if you go for a ride in that new 25 i bet you will order one, as there are sweet and the best V bottom boat that size on the market by far.
Thats funny that you mention that. I was thinking that, from a business stand point, this regatta could give some Howard owners an opportunity to ride in some newer boats(25, 28, ect....) and take an up close and personal look at them while they are on a real lake. Hopefully at some point we will get some really bad weather so they can feel how well they handle the big water and see the awesome top end speed easily attained. I will be at Howard for the rest of the week, and I will be talking to Gene and Mike more about this. Its almost time to try out the new Bullet, I will keep you all posted. Thankshttp://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=602030

Essex502
02-25-2004, 01:21 PM
That looks like the view of your boat, GT, that I'll probably be seeing most! As it vanishes into the distance! :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey Gt what are some numbers you are expecting out of the new ride with the 600

TPI
02-26-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
Hey Gt what are some numbers you are expecting out of the new ride with the 600
Thats a real good question. Based on the performance of the 25 Bullet with an HP500 running right at 80 mph, I would like to see a solid 86 mph. I think that is a conservative estimate, but I always like to shoot on the low side. It will be done in a few more days, I hope.:D

phebus
02-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Is the fish finder installed yet? :D

BLOWN HOWARD
02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Wow GT you cant ask for more than that for it to run an honest 86 with a turnkey motor. Thats goin to be a hot set up. Maybe you can make the bullet 25 come standard with your 600 motor in it. sounds like its gonna be a sweet setup, what drive is on there, and what dana tabs are you running they dont look like the hp 1000's they look like the 500's maybe.

TPI
02-26-2004, 06:15 PM
No fish finder yet, Im looking for the "perfect" one, too many choices. There will be one in there before Summer!:D I believe the 25 is going to love that TP600, it should really be a clean/fast set up. As far as it coming standard, that would be pretty cool for me, but tough. Customers need the option of chosing there power. There are some pretty wild 25 Bullets at the shop right now, with all kinds of different powerplants. The smallest motor in any of the 25's at Howard right now is an HP525. I am running an XR Drive with the ugraded shafts, Billet cap, ect......., It will come standard with the motor. I am really starting to get excited about using the boat. This rain doesnt scare me!:D Oh, the tabs are Dana 900's. I never use them, but they look cool.

little rowe boat
02-26-2004, 07:30 PM
That one nice ass boat.:cool:

BLOWN HOWARD
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Never have to use the tabs huh thats cool i am having a set of the hp 1000's put on my 22off shore right now hoping it will really help the boat set at high speed and offer some stability to it. We will see get it back in about 2wks, Prime Marine in doin the work

TPI
02-27-2004, 06:32 AM
The 22 Off shore does have a very nice "rough water" bottom> Its pretty deep from fron to rear. The 25 and 28 Bullets have that steep entry and taper to 22.5 degrees at the transom. The ventilated step is positioned perfectly, The tabs are pretty much for looks, unless you are a hard core wakeboarder and want a Massive wake, then I will put the tabs down:D Seriously though, both the boats are so stable at the 100 mph mark, the tabs have never come into play. Maybe with 1100-1500 HP at 115-120 mph, someone would need the tabs then?:D Here is a pic from Mead last year at 103 mph:http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=604565

beer hunter
02-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Great pic GT :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=604565

little rowe boat
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
For info. purposes,I recieved a pm. from Nick,SDlifesaver confirming the Unofficial HCB regatta.The dates are 6/25,26 and 27. NICE BOAT GT.:cool:

TPI
02-27-2004, 06:27 PM
So is there an Essex Regatta that same weekend?

little rowe boat
02-28-2004, 12:38 PM
I have no idea if there is an Essex regatta.

TPI
02-28-2004, 07:09 PM
The last weekend of June is the Essex Regatta in Havasu. If'n your planning on an unofficial Regatta and wanted to base it at the Nautical, then you might have a problem with that weekend as a lot of the Essex owners will be staying there. Just a heads-up.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

little rowe boat
02-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Nick is in charge of this thing,I'm not sure where it is going to be based out of. If not the Nautical,somewhere else.

TPI
02-29-2004, 06:16 AM
All of the Howard owners that I have spoken to appear to be very excited about the regatta, it should be a great time. On another note, The Bullet might be on the water by the end of the week. I have a little more to do on it, and we are lake bound!:D

little rowe boat
02-29-2004, 03:08 PM
I received another pm from Nick,he said something about gathering in Steamboat cove and that he had spoken to someone at the boat show about an aerial photogragh and possibly getting ***boat involved.

BLOWN HOWARD
02-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey that sounds good to me

dr. margarita
03-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't let the Essex regatta prevent us from having our Regatta. I like GT's idea of hooking up with some of the Essex owner's and give them test rides. I know Essex 502 wants one! :D . I strongly recommend that everyone make their reservations ASAP. I'll be staying at Havasu Springs to avoid the crowd. For those of you coming out I-40, make a reservation at any Hotel, then come out early, like Thursday and grab a slip in Lake Havasu Marina. Request the newly constructed ones toward the back. They are well constructed with scatch prevention pads. They have continuous security as well!

Essex502
03-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Definitely want a ride, Dr. Marg! We won't hang at the Essex Regatta all day so we'll try and find you guys at some point

roln 20s
03-04-2004, 01:17 PM
GT- we getting close to seeing this thing run- and the numbers associated with it. Please take lots of pics, including a couple pics on the trailer...I want to use photoshop and hook it up to my truck :D
Dr Marg- you got any pics of yours on the trailer, or hooked up to the rig?
Roln 20s

TPI
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I heard it run today, and it sounds great. I think I will drive it tomorrow. I will try and take some pics, and I will see if I can post a number or two. I cant wait to put a few hours on it!

dr. margarita
03-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Gary, Would you please post a close up of the Zeiger helm. I'm sure it will get some comments plus, as I mentioned in my PM to you, I've got a buddy that may want one. There's nothing in the internet on these units. Thanks!!!

BLOWN HOWARD
03-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey any howard owner's going to be in havasu for the weekend of March 19th, looking for some people to hang with.

TPI
03-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok guys, I ran the 25 today. It runs very well. But, do to the location of the test(and because of the constant lurking of a police boat) the true top speed was unattainable. There were 3 of us in the boat most of the time, and we were turning a 30 lab with 35 gal of fuel. I believe that the boat will turn a 32 lab for the max speed test. I will have to leave the rpm's up to your imagination, but I would like to see about 5300-5400 at sea level with the 32 lab. I dont think that is going to be a problem. Enjoy the pics, and I have a special one on the trailer for roln 20's.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=611774

TPI
03-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Here is another................
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=611899

phebus
03-05-2004, 08:45 PM
That thing looks fast just sitting there!! Nice lines on those Bullet's :D

BLOWN HOWARD
03-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Dam GT thats got to be the best looking bullet on the water i have seen, you should have called i would have run a distraction so you could have got some numbers

dr. margarita
03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
holy shit! Awesome! Castaic never looked so good!:D

TPI
03-06-2004, 06:24 AM
Out on the water it looks totally different. It looks really long, I think it has to do with the gel design, we like it a lot. The metal flake just glimmers in the sun. Its pretty cool. Hopefully in a week or so we will run it hard. Here is the pic roln 20's wanted.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=612148

little rowe boat
03-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Wow thats one bad ass HCB.The thing looks huge behind the tow vehicle.Any guesstimates on how fast she will be?:cool:

phebus
03-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Ga'll darn Mable, I bet that darn boat of GT's is worth as much as our car!!
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/53/3a/34_1_sb.JPG

TPI
03-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Wow thats one bad ass HCB.The thing looks huge behind the tow vehicle.Any guesstimates on how fast she will be?:cool:
It tows great behind the 5.3 Tahoe, but the boat does dwarf it.
I would like to see the boat run 86-88 mph consistantly.

bigq
03-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by GT
Out on the water it looks totally different. It looks really long, I think it has to do with the gel design, we like it a lot. The metal flake just glimmers in the sun. Its pretty cool. Hopefully in a week or so we will run it hard. Here is the pic roln 20's wanted.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=612148
you would think with all that money you spend on the boat you would buy a decent fickin camera.:D J/K
Looks good GT , saw it at the show, very nice.;)

TPI
03-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Bigg, Why do you hate me?:D I have a good camara, maybe its the operator. I never claimed to be a photographer!:D I had no idea the sun reflection would be so dramatic. I guess the bass boat glitter magnifies things in the sun.

Essex502
03-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Sweet lookin' boat, GT! Can't wait to hear the final numbers. When are you bringing it out to Havasu?

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 08:11 AM
GT- Boat looks awesome. Thanks so much for the trailer pic too.
Have they done any 25's on triple axle trailers? That is a big boat, much bigger on the trailer and in the water than on the showroom floor. Congrats again.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
03-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s
That is a big boat, much bigger on the trailer and in the water than on the showroom floor. Congrats again.
Roln 20s
GT's right Roln20's...its the scale of the boat versus the Tahoe that makes it look huge. Its really a normal size 25, especially once its on the water.

bigq
03-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by GT
Bigg, Why do you hate me?:D
Because you are driving my boat!!:D :D :D
Wayne<-------want's to be a Howard Slut like roln20:D

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Wayne<-------want's to be a Howard Slut like roln20
Its definately a good slut to be...but I think I would perform even better if I owned one :D Hopefully soon....
Roln 20s

TPI
03-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Bigg,
Hey, it can be your boat if you want it. I havent gotten real attatched to it yet. Just in time for summer.:D I wonder if I could have another one done by July?:rolleyes: Full warrantee on everything, wow, something to think about............................................. ...........

dr. margarita
03-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by GT
Bigg,
I havent gotten real attatched to it yet.
Holy shit GT, you're killing me...You've got something even better up your sleeve...or you simply love creating masterpieces?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Hey Roln20's!!!! I think GT's serious. This could be the chance you've been waiting for. I wonder if GT would be willing carry a little paper for a young Howard slut?:D :D :D

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Even if GT did carry the paper, I still think that would blow my budget, unless The Bank of GT has a 0.00% interest rate, then we could be talking :D
He is killing me though, and I don't think even he could get a new one before August, let alone for summer.
Hey GT- if you really like projects, I would be more than happy to let you build me a big, free motor :D
What would Gene and Mike think of this statement? Would they even be surprised?
Hey, it can be your boat if you want it. I havent gotten real attatched to it yet.
Roln 20s

TPI
03-08-2004, 06:12 PM
What would Gene and Mike think of that statement? They would laugh, I know Mike would laugh for sure. Gene would roll his eyes, and make sure it got magazine press coverage before I sold it. The hard part is, coming up with something better. I always have new ideas though:rolleyes:
No response from Bigg yet?

roln 20s
03-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I talked to Mike for a few earlier, he said he wasn't surprised at all. He also told me the question he asked at the lake- "are you going to be able to live with this amount of power (since you used to roll the quad rotor)? Well...whats your answer Mr GT :D
Once again, the boat looks awesome, congrats and can't wait to see it at the lake.
Roln 20s

TPI
03-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Wow, Mike threw me under the bus(LOL). Mike knows me too well. There is a distinct possibility that by Summer, my Bullet will see triple digits, you just never know. I just feel that the bottom design of the Howard is one of the most important reasons I built the the boat. If I dont run it where it wants to be (85++++), I will not be totally happy. This boat comes alive, where some others dont. I have never been so pleased with a boat design, and I doubt if I ever could feel more passionate about a product. This Current TP600 will be available to the open market pretty soon, dynoed and lake tested!:D :D This motor is going to make someone VERY Happy.

bigq
03-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by GT
No response from Bigg yet?
:D :D
Nice thought, but for a few reasons I would let Roln20 take this one from you. My kids demand an open bow and Orange is not my best color, but it looks good on you.:D Also with my job closing down next week, it would not be prudent.;) maybe the next one, I really liked what you did on this one and have a few ideas of my own. When the time comes I might look ya up.:)
Keep us posted on the speed, BTW do you have the dyno graphs from the motor?

little rowe boat
03-09-2004, 09:33 AM
It seems to me more people are buying the 25's than the 28's.I thought more people would be into the 28's,due to it's still a great lake boat but probably a better ocean boat.

dr. margarita
03-09-2004, 10:40 AM
It seems to me more people are buying the 25's than the 28's.I thought more people would be into the 28's,due to it's still a great lake boat but probably a better ocean boat.
I think you'd be surprised to know how many 28's still get ordered.
GT: Please keep me posted on the TP600. Please PM me with a price. Like I told you privately...it's in the tax man's hands right now. Thanks!!

TPI
03-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Wow Bigg, First you tell me I'm driving YOUR boat, then when I offer it to you, you tell me you dont like the color, IM Hurt(LOL) Seriously, we love the boat, and it drives very nice. It would take some coin for me to let this one go. I want to try a few different motors in it. It will give Howard and myself and exact speed/horsepower calculation for the Bullets. Also:I do keep dyno records on my motors, and document everything.

TPI
03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
25's and 28's are plentiful at Howard right now. But the 28 almost doesnt even require a test drive for them to sell one, just because it has been out there for a few years and had SOOOOOOOO much publicity. The 25 really hasnt had that much press yet, and they are making them non stop. It is getting to be very popular.

Essex502
03-10-2004, 06:28 AM
What's the lead time on the 25? The 28? How much backlog does Howard have at the moment?

TPI
03-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Backlog: I know at the show, they were backed up thru the end of July. If I had to guess, I would say with their most recent orders, they are probably booked thru August(Not 100% sure).

roln 20s
03-10-2004, 07:51 AM
What's the lead time on the 25? The 28? How much backlog does Howard have at the moment?
GT's right, its August if you order now (Mike and or Gene may have a little pull to bump that up depending on whats on order). Thats a long wait, but IMO, its definately worth it.
You going to sell the Essex? Trade it in?
Roln 20s

Essex502
03-10-2004, 09:30 AM
The plan is to get the new house done in LHC then when our existing LHC pad is rented we will place the order for either the 25 or 28 Bullet. The cash flow is a little tight until the house is done. As to trade-in...I believe that a private sale will get me more that a trade-in would.

TPI
03-11-2004, 08:15 PM
E502,
I have seen Gene give people some very good money for their boat on trades. He often times will give you what it is worth, and then sell it for the same price. He is always taking calls for used boats. Something to think about anyway............

bonesfab
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
is this the infamous gary taylor?? you are da man. hey its jim from camarillo. give me a call or stop by some time. nice boat.. and the orange is bitchen!!!

TPI
03-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Bones, long time no see. I hope all is well.................
GT

dr. margarita
03-14-2004, 08:56 PM
7340 views....nice thread eh GT?:D

roln 20s
03-15-2004, 07:41 AM
GT- more pics and some numbers please. The peanut gallery is getting impatient, as you can see from Dr M's post- 7340 views. Damn, everyone wants to know!!
Dr Marg- you gonna be in Havasu the last weekend in March? I hope to look at some lots/real estate there that weekend, would love to meet up for a quick ride if you are around.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
03-15-2004, 07:57 AM
GT- more pics and some numbers please. The peanut gallery is getting impatient, as you can see from Dr M's post- 7340 views. Damn, everyone wants to know!!
Dr Marg- you gonna be in Havasu the last weekend in March? I hope to look at some lots/real estate there that weekend, would love to meet up for a quick ride if you are around.
Roln 20s
I'm at the Nautical Thursday night through Sunday. Hope to see you there!

roln 20s
03-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Sweet Dr Marg- I'll have to give you a call and plan a time to meet up with you. I can't wait- I was at Pleasant this weekend and man were there some killer boats. I'm so anxious for a ride and my own personal boat! This is going to be a tough summer :D
Roln 20s

TPI
03-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Numbers are coming, I have been out of town, and now that the boat is together, I have been able to get some things done around the house/yard. I am also working on a website. Too damn busy, I need to go on a trip...................:D Here is another pic:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=625616

roln 20s
03-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Come on GT- no working around the house :D we want numbers. :D
I'm proud and excited to say that I get the opportunity to ride in Dr Margs boat this upcoming weekend--I should probably just call Gene now and have him hold me a spot in line :D
Roln 20s

TPI
03-24-2004, 12:32 PM
I thought I was going to take it out today, but I have priorities:confused: ? You have to know................I want numbers too, but I am behind on several projects, including my web site and some other boats need tinkering with. I will take it out soon and run it, and I will have two "BS" detectors(GPS's).:D

TPI
03-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Well,
Its official, with the Bimini Top in place, its now more of a performance, family, bass boat.
Oh, BTW, The priorites remark above was directed at myself, after reading it again, it kind of looked like a slam on someone, well it was kind of a slam on me, anyway..........................
Wednesday is the day. I will TRY to post some numbers that night. I would like to see the mid to upper 80's. That would be very respectable, IMO.http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=633124

Mike Oxbig
03-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Yeahhhhh Dooooooob,
I am real anxious to see the numbers on your boat. She looks real purty and very sleek. I am in the process of selling my bike to get one of those Howards. Good luck and be safe with your testing.

TPI
03-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Hey MO,
I tried to send you a PM the other day(under a different user ID of course, and it wouldnt take). Also, when you are ready to move on one of these Bullets, let me know, I will get you dialed in. That Avatar is so damn heaped its silly. Say hi to the wife for me................................

TPI
03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
As of today at lake Elsinore, the boat had a best top speed of 85.3 mph. I think its got another 1 or 2 in the tune up(maybe). But as it stands, it should run over 80 mph in the heat all year long maintenance free with the family on board. Its very smooth, and I think the boat liked the 30 lab prop the best. I ran a 28 lab, and it pulled extremely hard up to 5600 rpm, but I would rather not run that kind of rpm up and down Mohave or Havasu. Howard recently ran a 25 Bullet with a 525 and attained close to 81 mph pretty easily with 3 people in the boat and a 28 Lab. Kind of an interesting comparison. Thats all of the info I have for now. Ill let you guys know how it runs with any future modifications:D ?????

Essex502
04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Congrats, GT! Great numbers.

roln 20s
04-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Awesome GT- sounds great. You going to Havasu around the ***boat trials- April 12-April 18? I think you should...
Roln 20s

mbrown2
04-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Nice numbers with that combo.....

TPI
04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Awesome GT- sounds great. You going to Havasu around the ***boat trials- April 12-April 18? I think you should...
Roln 20s
Now I really have some other projects to catch up on............ so no Hot Boat trials for me.......

BLOWN HOWARD
04-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey GT, nice numbers my next motor just might be one oh those bad ass 600's you are building, can you shoot me an email with the price for one of those complete is ? Cveld77@aol.com
Thanks chris

TPI
04-02-2004, 06:08 AM
We are pretty happy, considering we are running mufflers too, its a great combination. This TP600 "Demo" will probably be available after we finish all of the fine tuning/adjustments. If someone is thinking of repowering pretty soon, this is a very nice motor. In the near future we want to test our TP800 EFI and our TP900 EFI with our exact same boat, giving us VERY accurate speed/handling characteristics.

dr. margarita
04-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by GT
As of today at lake Elsinore, the boat had a best top speed of 85.3 mph.
Good work dude!!!

dr. margarita
04-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by GT
Ill let you guys know how it runs with any future modifications:D ?????
:rolleyes:

roln 20s
04-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Dr Marg- that silver TP600 motor would look real nice in the Bullet :D
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
04-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Dr Marg- that silver TP600 motor would look real nice in the Bullet :D
Roln 20s
Yeah...but not as good as a TP800!:D

TPI
04-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah...but not as good as a TP800!:D
Hey DM,
Since when do you want to run 95 mph!:D

dr. margarita
04-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GT
Hey DM,
Since when do you want to run 95 mph!:D
I don't, I'm just having fun with Roln 20's, who by the way is a great guy! Had the chance to meet him and spend a day on the water with him and his girl friend Amanda. Definately a cool addition to the Howard family some day soon!
I'm still very excited about the TP600 demo. I'll know where I'm at within a week or two! If some fortunate individual buys the demo before me, I'll have you build me a 540 EFI. Would the 540 be a Merlin or Dart block GT?

roln 20s
04-03-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't, I'm just having fun with Roln 20's, who by the way is a great guy!
Thanks for the compliments. But, I have to say, I can see you with the 800hp too. The more the better. If you have 800, you can probably cruise near 60 at like 3500-4000rpm. Thats pretty efficient, and definately worth the thought.
Roln 20s

TPI
04-03-2004, 08:33 PM
DM,
I have a Dart Big M Tall deck Block with Billet Main caps all machined and sealed in a plastic bag, ready to assemble for you if you want to go that route.:D

BLOWN HOWARD
04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey GT question for ya? The 25 bullet and the 26 cat, if you were to put the same hp in both boats wich would run faster? What is the price difference between the bullet and the cat? Thanks Chris

roln 20s
04-12-2004, 07:41 AM
The 25 bullet and the 26 cat, if you were to put the same hp in both boats wich would run faster? What is the price difference between the bullet and the cat?
Good question, while we wait for GT to give his thoughts, I'll give mine.
The boats are virtually the same price equiped with the same motor. With an HP 500 EFI for example, the Howard 26 Cat will run 80 mph (***boat tested one with the walkthru at this speed) and the 25 Bullet has run almost 79 in ***boat, with an open bow. Pretty much the same performance, and same cost, its all about preference and how much bank one has to spend on insurance :D
Roln 20s

roln 20s
04-12-2004, 07:43 AM
One more point to add- GT's old 25 Bullet with nearly 1000hp ran 111mph GPS. The recent powerboat trials had a 26 Howard cat with 1000 hp and it ran 116. Once again, pretty close to the same. Howard is definately on to something with these bullets.
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
04-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Good info there rolin 20's, now wich hull do you think rides better in the chop, i saw alot of cats getting some big air this weekend in the ruff stuff when they were haulin ass. By the way saw the howard cat that was at the boat show at the river this weekend and it looked slick!!!!!

TPI
04-12-2004, 08:54 PM
You would really have to talk to the boys at Howard to get the exact prices, but as Roln said the 25 Bullet and 26 Cat are priced about the same. As far as a speed difference: as the Cat gains more speed it will become more a little bit more efficient than the Bullet, just because the cat starts to pack all that air. But I will say this: That 25 Bullet last year hit triple digits Right Now! It was quick and fast. My money says you will see a 25 Bullet running 100 mph with less than 900 hp on 91 octain by the end of summer. But most of the time it will have the bimini top up and have fishing poles hanging out of it!:D

roln 20s
04-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Good info there rolin 20's, now wich hull do you think rides better in the chop, i saw alot of cats getting some big air this weekend in the ruff stuff when they were haulin ass. By the way saw the howard cat that was at the boat show at the river this weekend and it looked slick!!!!!
You're welcome, anytime. I have heard from some non bias people that they have seen KillerV's turbo charged 28 Bullet walk away from 30+ cats in 3 foot chop. After of the awards this boat has earned, I believe it. I think in smooth water, they would ride about the same, in small chop the cat may ride a little softer on top of the water, and at high speeds in small chop- I think they both will fly over the top of anything, but for my money at high speed in rough water--I think the Vee bottom Bullet would outperform the cat.
That Howard cat at the show is bad ass, I hope that Gene sends that boat to the ***boat tests this week, so maybe I can bum a ride in that too :D Never can get enough free test rides.
You thinking of getting a new one?
Roln 20s

roln 20s
04-13-2004, 01:53 PM
I didn't think his bullet "peaked" at 111mph. I was under the impression that he was still getting used to the boat and ended up getting out of the throttle when he realized he was running that hard. I.E. there was still some left in it?
RD- I'm not sure, you may be right. I just went with what this says, it wouldn't surprise me though...I think Powerboat tested it near 108mph--none this less this is hauling ass
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/383a111speedo-med.JPG
GT- was there more to be had?
Roln 20s

roln 20s
04-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Damn- I was super impressed when I heard the 25 Bullet ran 100 and was actually stable enough not to feel like you cheated death. Once I saw the Powerboat test at 108 something and then the GPS at 111, I was floored. Now, to hear more was there for the taking...just makes me want to buy the Bullet now (with a 496HO, the trees in the backyard aren't growing money at the rate I was told-I hate salesmen who are liars-hehe:D)
Roln 20s

TPI
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
It was almost one year ago to the day when Mike Willen and I ran OVER 111 mph at Havasu with the 988 hp Bullet. The boat had probably 2-3 mph in it, but that evening I destroyed the most perfect 32 lab on a rock outside of the Nautical INN. We never did get another chance to run it wide open that weekend. The next time out was at the 100 mph shootout at Mead(higher elevation) where we were running another prop I was not too fond of. It turned about 150-200 rpm less, probably due to elevation, and ran 107.7 mph. I continued to run the boat all summer in the heat up to about 104 mph with a 30 lab and 3 other people in the boat, but I never did try to top that 111 mph mark. The boat was unbelievable, and so damn quick it was amazing. I miss it, but I dont miss the gas bill and the drive maintenence. This new one will run a pretty good # someday. :D We are very happy with it.

BLOWN HOWARD
04-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Gt or roln 20's do either of you know the numbers a 26ft howard cat would run with a merlin 540 650 hp motor in it? thanks for the info

roln 20s
04-14-2004, 11:23 PM
BlownHoward-
I would say that with 650 hp, its a legit 90+ boat anyday. A while back, ***boat tested a 26 cat openbow with a blosdale 650. It GPSed at 93+! Gene didn't want to send that boat only because it apparently had so much extra weight in a Transonic stereo. Last year ***boat tested a 26 cat openbow with the Pfaff 600EFI (about 560 at prop), and it ran 86 for them, while Gene drove it at 89. 90 would be a safe bet, and a great ride. I will let you know how the one from this years LA boat show rides after this weekend with the Teague 720 carb. Should be a good ride- ***boat is testing it tomorrow.
Roln 20s

TPI
04-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Roln,
You either have the best memory ever, or you have a stack of magazines right next to your computer!LOL:D You should talk to the Willens about becoming there official on line rep. Maybe they will trade you a 25 hull for the service?j/k Who knows. Im sure the guys at Howard appreciate the kind words.

roln 20s
04-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Howard info is usually off of memory, however I do have about 15 ***boat magazines fanned across the coffee table (20 foot walk from the computer.) I hate reading--haven't liked it since I was in 1st grade (bad teacher), but I have an addiction to ***boat. I will read those things religiously and look at the pictures:D
I'll be there online rep anytime, more discount on the Bullet! Talk to Gene. Actually, I'm going to be with Mike tomorrow in Havasu, so I will talk to him. GT, wish you were coming.
Roln 20s

TPI
04-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Roln,
How was the boat ride?

roln 20s
04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
GT-
The boat rides were unreal. I'm in love with the Bullets. I was hangin with Dr Marg both Friday and Saturday. Thanks again Tom- I appreciate it so much. On friday night, Mike Willen drove us in KillerV's 28 Bullet. Its almost scary fast--acceleration is so hard it pins you back into the seat and nearly had me gasping for air. Needless to say, I loved it. But the best part of riding with Tom in his 25 was that we finally got to test it in some strong windchop. Coming back from Topock- I would estimate about 30+ wind gusts, with what seemed to be around 18-24" chop (just my NO Clue estimate) and we drove his boat ride into the wind at a GPS 70mph with the 26 Lab. The ride was super solid, flew straight across every wave, never had a rough landing or entrance, just as smooth a ride that you could imagine. As if it wasn't a done deal, but once we stopped at the no wake zone, I said one word- SOLD. No need to look back. I will be buying a 25 Howard Bullet harddeck end of the season. I can't wait...hopefully I can force myself too! I even showed Mike and Tom my prelim graphics, I'll have to get some copies and let you see--your imput is always wanted.
Anyone that has not riden in these boats, I highly recommend it. I can't imagine any other ride that compares.
Roln 20s

TPI
04-19-2004, 04:25 AM
I am glad you got to try both boats. They truly are unbelievable to drive. We ran over 100 mph for several minutes last year in my 25 Bullet in weather just like you described,and I really enjoyed it. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.:D

dr. margarita
04-20-2004, 08:40 PM
It could have been more fun had you been there GT. We all look forward to a day on the water with you. I'm guessing the soonest will be the Regatta. The ride in Killer V's 28 was totally bitchen! Last time I went that fast was with you at Elsinore GT. The weekend was crazy...high winds, way too many boats, killer margs, rain, idiots in the Nautical Bay, great conversation with John West, dinner with Killer V, Karen, Jackie, Mike, Roln 20's and my daughter Nicole, primo ride to Park Moabi and back.
Patrick, check your PM!...and yes, he knows all boat trivia! Your welcome to go with us ANYTIME! I'll keep you posted.
Ordered a labbed prop from Mike today!! Somewhere between a 25 and 26 pitch, call it a "strong" 25.
GT - I'm sav'in loot for one of your motors! I need to go 85!

TPI
04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
DM,
Im glad you had fun. 85 will be no problem at all.
Have you seen the site?
www.TPBOATS.com

BLOWN HOWARD
04-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Any news on how the new howard cat ran, with the teague motor in it, I thought they were supposed to test that boat last week but havent heard anything on it? Hey Dr Marg you wanna go 85 huh are you sure not 95

TPI
04-21-2004, 04:37 AM
DM,
A TP800 EFI will be just what you need. We will just back down the boost to 1 lb so you can run 85. LOL:D But I know it would run faster than that, So Maybe we could put 6-8 people in the boat for the speed run.:D

roln 20s
04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
GT - I'm sav'in loot for one of your motors! I need to go 85!
85, sure, but with a reserve power to hit the 90's. Don't forget to get that new drive :D
BlownHoward- ***boat did the test, but didn't get a good speed run, so I believe they are going to reschedule. For the attempted run, they filled the tanks all the way up with gas, much to Mike's dismay. If I'm not mistaken, Mike said it hit 94 GPS with a 30 inch prop during his 'lets get rid of some of this gas run.'
I think when it is all dialed in, it should run a solid 95mph.
Dr Marg- thanks again. Is that the Havasu Springs Resort? Let me know and I will call. What weekend is that? Amanda and I plan on attending.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
04-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by GT
DM,
Im glad you had fun. 85 will be no problem at all.
Have you seen the site?
www.TPBOATS.com
NICE WEB SITE GT!!!! I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF A 540EFI, NATURALLY ASPIRATED....LET'S TALK AGAIN WHEN I HAVE LOOT IN THE BANK!

roln 20s
04-21-2004, 01:40 PM
GT-
I like the site. Looks good. Keep up the great work- I know Dr Marg is sold. Hey Tom, I sure could go for one of those Margs right now:D
Roln 20s

TPI
04-23-2004, 06:19 AM
NICE WEB SITE GT!!!! I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF A 540EFI, NATURALLY ASPIRATED....LET'S TALK AGAIN WHEN I HAVE LOOT IN THE BANK!
Why wait for the loot just to talk.:D 540+ EFI/NA will be no problem. I have just about everything for it in stock! Talk to you soon. We will be cruising Havasu in the new Bullet "Maiden Voyage" from May 16-19th. We are looking forward to it. Bimini Top Up, sipping a cold beverage, cant wait................:D :p :D :p

dr. margarita
04-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by GT
May 16-19th
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D We are scheduled to be there that weekend!!! Check your PM Gary!

TPI
04-28-2004, 08:58 PM
DM,
I might have to take you for a ride in this thing. I think you will be impressed.

THOR
04-29-2004, 07:07 AM
DM,
Who did you order your prop from? I will be in the market for a new one shortly.

roln 20s
05-01-2004, 07:06 PM
GT- let me know when and where you are giving demo rides:D BTW- the rumor on the street ist that your boat is or will be for sale shortly. True?
Roln 20s

TPI
05-03-2004, 08:04 AM
The boat is in the showroom at Howard for sale, RIGHT NOW! The boat is for sale complete, or less engine package. The options are endless. The boat is VERY VERY NICE, but:
I have decided that my business is more important to me than my Bullet. I am taking my "boat money" and putting it into my business. I really want this business to succeed and I insist on having it all squared away from the get go. I have NO pricing information on the boat. Gene and Mike have been instructed to "sell it". If it is still there on Memorial Day, I would really be surprised. For info on the Bullet call Howard Custom Boats @ (661)257-9275.
There will be another Bullet at some point in time, I wouldnt own anything else! :D

roln 20s
05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
There will be another Bullet at some point in time, I wouldnt own anything else!
I'm just going to take a wild guess and say this new bullet will have a quad-rotor in it :D
For anyone who doesn't want to wait 5 months for a bullet- and wants a killer deal--this boat is sold as new, fully warrantied by Howard- and priced substanitially cheaper than you can build one for with every option possible. Good luck Gary.
Roln 20s

TPI
05-03-2004, 07:51 PM
[i]
I'm just going to take a wild guess and say this new bullet will have a quad-rotor in it :D
I think your "wild guess" isnt too far off.

TPI
05-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Sold:(

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey Gary, congratulations on taking the plunge with your business. I'm confident you won't be sorry. It's always better to do the right thing and delay gratification when you can enjoy greater rewards later (from the fruits of your business).
After meeting you a couple/three times I can honestly say that I'll be talking to you about a motor for our new boat even if it isn't a Howard. I'm confident in your work, quality and customer service - all you need to do is figure out how to scale your business up and keep offering and delivering those benefits as your company grows.
Question for you: assuming one buys a brand new boat from a manufacturer and wants to buy a motor from you how is that best done? Should the boat be purchased without motor and drive and then turn it over to you or ?

TPI
05-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Hello MMD,
The ideal situation would be to have the boat completed without the motor/drive package. Have the mfg cut the hole for the gimbal, to ensure the X dimension is exactly where the MFG wants it to be. It would also be a good idea to talk to the MFG and ask them if their hull can take that kind of power(most will say yes?) I will take it from there and install the engine/drive package.
I feel that with external oil coolers, fuel delivery systems, cables and hoses feeding my engines, that I should be routing them and giving your boat that show/race look that goes with that motor you purchased. I feel much better about my work when I oversee the whole project. That's why I do these jobs by appt, and I keep the business small enough to monitor quality. I am really excited to provide this kind of service. There are a lot of people out there that want to invest in a quality performance package for their boat, or want to purchase parts from a shop that understands what the customer's needs are. Ive gotten long winded, sorry.:)
Thanks for the support Dan. If you need something let me know...........:D

roln 20s
05-09-2004, 07:18 PM
our new boat even if it isn't a Howard
MMD- what are you talking about--I didn't know of any other options besides Howard :D
GT- Best of luck- I know of people who will be calling you--Dr Marg and maybe me down the road...plus MMD. The motors are absolutely sick.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
05-12-2004, 07:26 PM
SOLD??? Are you kidding me GT? If that Bullet was an open bow, I'd be on the phone with Gene tomorrow working out a trade. I know your next Bullet will be even better! Good luck with your business GT!. As soon as I'm ready I'll call you with an order!

dr. margarita
05-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by THOR
DM,
Who did you order your prop from? I will be in the market for a new one shortly.
I placed an order with Howard directly. The cool thing about buying a boat from the Willens, they help you out by giving ya good deals on accessories like lab finished props. I ordered a strong Merc 25 (between 25 and 26) lab. After running a 26lab, I felt I lost a few too many rpm's. I'm sure John will take care of you.

TPI
05-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Yes my Bullet has a new home, and the business plans are going together. I took the new 25 Bullet owner out for a couple good 80+ mph white cap runs and he was very pleased.This will be the first summer in several years we have not had a boat.:(
DM, figure about 6 weeks out for whatever motor you chose, unless you want a quad-rotor, that will take 8-10 weeks:D . Im thinking 700-800 for your set up would be perfect.

Essex502
05-14-2004, 07:02 AM
But does Dr. Marg tell his insurance company about the upgrade? :D

dr. margarita
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
But does Dr. Marg tell his insurance company about the upgrade? :D
Yes he will!

Essex502
05-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Yes he will!
Let me know what they do to your rates! :o

TPI
05-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Dr marg,
Just got back from Havasu. I looked for you, but never saw you. Werent you going to be out there thru the 19th?

dr. margarita
05-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Gary, We ended up going the first weekend in May. Did you show the new boat owner a good time??

TPI
05-21-2004, 01:01 PM
The new owner loves the boat. Although, we were out at havasu cruising around a 28 Bullet. We had a great time. I think there must have been 4 boats on the whole lake Wed.:D

BLOWN HOWARD
05-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Hey do you guys know if the howard Regatta is still on for the last weekend of june???

roln 20s
05-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey do you guys know if the howard Regatta is still on for the last weekend of june???
Yes it is- I'll be there, so graciously thanks to Dr Marg:D
I can't wait.
Roln 20s