PDA

View Full Version : Movies.......as a kid

Her454
11-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Ok, at the risk of being tarred and feathered for another dumb thread.....and kinda hijacking it from another.... here goes.
What movie in your lifetime made a difference or had a lasting impression in one way or another?
Mine was Jaws....scared the holy crap of me and I still won't swim at nite (Yes this came from the shark thread)
Another was American History X (I think?) ...gave me nightmares for years when the guy got killed on the curb..........

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-04-2003, 11:08 AM
well high jack all you want. i know i do
mine was phycho can't wash my face in the shower because of the sceen in the shower. and the mr likes to come in with a banana and do it to me. now now get the heads out of the gutter. i prefer something else. :D

Keithb87
11-04-2003, 11:15 AM
On Golden Blonde.
We were at this guys house, his parents were gone and we decided to watch a movie.
One guy finds this movie On golden Blonde, but he was kinda dumb, and he said On Golden Pond. We put it in and
WOAH !!
Cant' look at Katherine Hepburn the same to this day :D

Windy
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Top Gun is my all time favorite movie...It affected me more ways than you know...more on that later.
MissHBjet

Blown 472
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
The exorsist, never date chicks that can spin their heads.

Her454
11-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
ROTFLMAO.......:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-04-2003, 11:32 AM
spin their heads:) or spin on the head. :D sorry couldn't resist. LOL! :D

Waldo
11-04-2003, 11:34 AM
I have to chime in here!
I have a ton of favorite movies but there was one experience that still freaks me out to this day.
About ten years ago I was at a buddy's house chillin'. We had been drinking a little bit and playin horse shoes. It was getting dark so we decided to go in and partake in some "wacky tobbacky" smoking and just kick back.
Well, after about 5 bowls, my buddy passes out and I see a movie on the dresser. I figure I am pretty sauced and don't want to drive so I'll watch the flick and crash there. I popped the movie in and it was the movie "Fire in the Sky". If you haven't seen or heard about it, it's about a guy who gets abducted by aliens, escapes, and has a jacked up life afterward with flashbacks and stuff.
I stayed up, watched the movie, and couldn't take my eyes off of the tv. I was scared shitless to turn the damn thing off - not to mention being high as a kite. I have always been a "sort-of" believer of paranormal activity. Being stoned and watching this movie freaked me out so much that I'm sure I will never watch it again.
Just writing about it has given me the "HEEBIE JEEBIES"!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mirvin
11-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Anyone ever seen "The Beast" about the Russian Tank crew wandering around Afghanistan during the Soviet war?
Sick flick!!:p

Jbb
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
I was pretty young when I went to see The Exorcist ....No green soup for me!
Then I blamed my life of crime on seeing Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.....Bang!!!!

Cheap Thrills
11-04-2003, 11:45 AM
the first was "The Blob" scared the living shieat out of me I was only 4 or 5 yrs old at the time .
second one was "Jaws" when I was 10 , we were vacationing down in Daytona FL. kinda screwed up going in the ocean that year .:(
C.T;)
Live view Panama Canal..

diggler
11-04-2003, 11:48 AM
The movie that scared the crap out of me was the "invasion of the body snatchers". I was only twelve, and had finished delivering newspapers, so I went to the matinee by myself. I ended up walking out of the theatre, and back into the sunshine. whew!

JetBoatRich
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Night of the Living dead was a good one, I was about 10 when it came to the Drive-In. My older sister took me and another sister. Nothing like being at a drive-in as a young kid watching a bunch of dead people come back to get you.:mad:

Caribbean Jet
11-04-2003, 11:57 AM
"Colors" I saw this movie as a kid and after that going to LA always felt like an adventure.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-04-2003, 12:00 PM
it still is an adventure here. Damn i need to move.
The high jacker Vee, :D

Ultra5150
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
I was a kid when I watched a movie called "Alice Sweet Alice" with Brooke Shields in it, it scared the sh!t out of me. My list also includes:
Burnt Offerings
Dawn of the dead
Amytiville Horror

Keithb87
11-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Children of the Corn
FREAKY!!!! :eek:

Her454
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Another was American History X (I think?) ...gave me nightmares for years when the guy got killed on the curb..........
This is bugging the hell out of me, anyone know if I got this title correct? Black family in LA, older brother goes to prison for murder and he's a white supremacist .......????

jbtrailerjim
11-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Two movies that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid was, The Omen & The Shining. I was pretty young when I saw those and I remember having nightmares for a long time after seeing them.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-04-2003, 12:40 PM
the shining was a great movie. the sceen when the girl is coming out of the bathtub and turns into the old lady. thats me . the young one. check it out. it's cool. :D :p

Her454
11-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Knuckle head
Mine was Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The Original) scared the crap out of me:eek: Not a chance in HELL am I going to see the new one:frown:
My daughter just went and saw the remake and said it scared the hell out of her, she doesnt scare easy. :eek:

unleashed
11-04-2003, 12:42 PM
The following were mine:
The incredible melting man
night of the living dead/Dawn of the dead
Phantasm
Halloween part 1
Rosemarys baby
The omega man
The hills have eyes
And when I was really young a movie about these Gorgoyles that lived in the desert. I dont know what it was called but it scared the crap out of me. Every time we took a road trip I would stay awake the whole trip to make sure these creatures didnt attack us. The premise was they would come out at nighttime and get humans to take back to their young ones. Anyhow Im sure if I were to watch it today it would be completly cheesy.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

topgun
11-04-2003, 12:44 PM
The Deer Hunter, or the first Nightmare on Elm St., or Halloween!

eliminatedsprinter
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
The following were mine:
The incredible melting man
night of the living dead/Dawn of the dead
Phantasm
Halloween part 1
Rosemarys baby
The omega man
The hills have eyes
And when I was really young a movie about these Gorgoyles that lived in the desert. I dont know what it was called but it scared the crap out of me. Every time we took a road trip I would stay awake the whole trip to make sure these creatures didnt attack us. The premise was they would come out at nighttime and get humans to take back to their young ones. Anyhow Im sure if I were to watch it today it would be completly cheesy.
Deano
It was a made for TV movie and it was called "Gargoyles".

Her454
11-04-2003, 12:55 PM
I had forgotten about those two.........The Hills have Eyes...and The Gargoyles...........
Both of them scared the crap of me too......and I lived in the desert then.........:eek:

unleashed
11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Damn Im glad someone else knew what Gargoyles was Thanks for the info. I do remember watching it on TV back in the 70's.
This thread is jogging alot of memories. I love it.
Deano

LeE ss13
11-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Alien(s) !!! Ever since then I have been afraid of pregant women.

eliminatedsprinter
11-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Let me see.. What movies influenced me? None in the last 10 years.
Oh yea, I got my boat driving style from the chase scene in Live And Let Die. :wink:
I learned the correct way to deal with women from Cassablanca.;) :cool:

Ducatista
11-04-2003, 01:49 PM
I would have to say "Motel Hell". Motel Hell is by turns darkly satirical and light-heartedly gruesome, making it one of the more easily enjoyable films I've seen in some time. Farmer Vincent (Rory Calhoun) is famous in his area for making the best smoked meat ever to tickle the tongue. What the people don't know is that by eating Vincent's treats, they've become cannibals. Y'see, Vincent and his sister Ida have made it their mission in life to take the undesirable element out of the human gene pool, and make them into something useful (and tasty). Anyone for some of my "smoked meats"?
:D

Keithb87
11-04-2003, 02:09 PM
This is bugging the hell out of me, anyone know if I got this title correct? Black family in LA, older brother goes to prison for murder and he's a white supremacist .......????
Yep. I have the DVD. Strange movie :)

HOSS
11-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Infer Man! Last movie at the drive end near my house in the 70`s.

Ultra5150
11-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
I would have to say "Motel Hell". Motel Hell is by turns darkly satirical and light-heartedly gruesome, making it one of the more easily enjoyable films I've seen in some time. Farmer Vincent (Rory Calhoun) is famous in his area for making the best smoked meat ever to tickle the tongue. What the people don't know is that by eating Vincent's treats, they've become cannibals. Y'see, Vincent and his sister Ida have made it their mission in life to take the undesirable element out of the human gene pool, and make them into something useful (and tasty). Anyone for some of my "smoked meats"?
:D
Damn Ducatista!!
I have BBQ'd with you. You told me it was salmon.
I hope you and the Mrs. are well

mikev
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
How about the movie Dirt or On Any Sunday got me hooked on dirt bikes forever

Keithb87
11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mikev
How about the movie Dirt or On Any Sunday got me hooked on dirt bikes forever
Was that the 2 hour one opn nothing but things to do in the dirt?
The 32 Ford hood as a sled on the Dunes?:rolleyes:

hislittleho
11-04-2003, 04:17 PM
House On Haunted Hill. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

NorCal Gameshow
11-04-2003, 04:48 PM
jaws.... no doubt, i can't go in the ocean w/out thinking about
"dah dunt" :D

Dribble
11-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Airplane. Saw it three times the first week it came out. Decided right then that I would be an irreverent clown for the rest of my life.
American Graffiti helped to turn me into the gearhead I am today.

mikev
11-04-2003, 04:57 PM
yep kiethb just dirtbikes and 4 X 4's came out in the late 70's

CEO
11-04-2003, 05:02 PM
HALLOWEEN, That thing scared the shit out of me, Michael Meyers gets shot numerous times, falls over the railing onto the grass.......look again... GONE, SHIIIITTTTTTT
That was my favorite Horror movie
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CAHotRodBoy
11-04-2003, 05:48 PM
American Graffiti
I was a hot rod freak since I was a little kid, reading Rod & Custom, Hot Rod and many other car mags. I grew up in rural New England and never saw a real hot rod, only pics in magazines. This movie came out when I was 16 and blew me away. The cars and especially the cruising scenes were too much. All that shit happening in one night. I knew right then and there that I would someday have to live in California. I wanted to be John Milner and that is why I now have a 32 Ford hot rod!

Ziggy
11-04-2003, 05:58 PM
RED-RUM , RED-RUM ! :eek!: That about says it for me. I was still a teenager and impressionable.

cheezpanel
11-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Escape to/from? Witch Mountain....I seem to remember thinking that a flying motorhome would be pretty bitchin. :D Seriously though, Jaws scared the shit out of me. I lived in Hawaii at the time and my dad used to take my brother and I to the beach every weekend-FUUUUUUUCK. :eek:

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
I still have nightmares about that movie!!!!:eek:

Infomaniac
11-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Well -- Jaws was the movie I went on my first date to.
Was in Hawaii just before moving to Yuma.
Ok, at the risk of being tarred and feathered for another dumb thread.....and kinda hijacking it from another.... here goes.
What movie in your lifetime made a difference or had a lasting impression in one way or another?
Mine was Jaws....scared the holy crap of me and I still won't swim at nite (Yes this came from the shark thread)

Rexone
11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Jaws pretty much abbreviated my addiction to body surfing every weekend at Huntington Beach. I was so busy lookin for sharks I forgot what I went there for. :(
Backdraft too. don't like fire that well. specially those ones that suck back in the building and then come back at cha. freaky

Her454
11-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
Well -- Jaws was the movie I went on my first date to.
Was in Hawaii just before moving to Yuma.
Talk about all over the globe.......:D ....and ending up in Oklahoma.........;)

Keithb87
11-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Porky's ...... made me the provert I am today.
:D ;) :D

Her454
11-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Keithb87
Porky's ...... made me the provert I am today.
:D ;) :D
Whats a provert ? :D

Jbb
11-05-2003, 06:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860exorcistanimated.gif
Would make quite the avatar.....:D

Jbb
11-05-2003, 06:38 PM
See if this link brings back any memories....!
Retrocrush (http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/)