PDA

View Full Version : TX 19 Project boat

H2OT PURSUIT
11-04-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't know squat about TX 19's, but I get the impression, from
the forums that they are somewhat special. I ran into a guy that has a hull. A bare hull. It has had a berk in it at one time. It has full length stringers but I couldn't see much of them cause it is full of junk. If it needed the stringers replaced would this hull still be worth $300.00 It is ROUGH. You can't say much for it other than the fact that it is a TX 19 and it doesn't have any holes knocked in it that aren't supposed to be there. :confused: :confused: I know it's hard to say without pics, but I didn't have my camera with me and it is an hour and a half away.

Jake W
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
For 300 I would buy it.You should find out witch boat manf made it.The Gullwings sides and deck verry ever so slightly from diffrent manf.
Jake

Tim_T
11-04-2003, 05:37 PM
If you dont want it i will come up there and buy it. You should go ahead and snatch that thing up. Just my .02
Tim

vdrivenman
11-04-2003, 06:28 PM
there is a tx listed on racingjunk.com im merdian,ms minus motor
for 5500.
there is also what i beleive is one in sour lake ,tx just out of bmt, w a bbc in it for 5800.
if u want a contact number email me.

vdrivenman
11-04-2003, 06:36 PM
i have some additional pic's if anyone is interested.
i am currently looking at an 86 taylor, boats in this area are few and far between.
seems you have to go to Cali. to purchase a vdrive or jet.
i also know where there is a southwind for sale, but it needs some serious work.

LakesOnly
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
The Youngblood TX-19 is a somewhat more common hull in your parts. It is also one of the more respected hulls in your area.
If I were looking for a hull, I would spend the extra money for a more complete project w/o so much needed rework. Marine parts and labor (even your own labor) are ridculously expensive. If this rough hull also needs work in the stringers, then it's probably not worth more than $300; maybe less.
I would rather spend more and have a clean, original TX-19 than a thrashed and re-glas'd one--especially if it's been sitting outside in the UV sunlight...then it's junk.
LO

H2OT PURSUIT
11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Tim_T
If you dont want it i will come up there and buy it. You should go ahead and snatch that thing up. Just my .02
Tim
Tim,
I'm not interested in it. I stopped and looked at it cause I knew 1slowboat was looking for a lighter hull. I was just curious what it might be worth. It is kind of a neat looking hull. I like the gullwing look. With my Grand kids and such I have to stick with my 26 Ft Sleekcraft. You might pm 1 slowboat and if he doesn't want it I would be happy to show you where it is if you want to come up and look at it.

Tim_T
11-05-2003, 04:02 AM
Right on dude thanks i'll pm 1slowboat and see if hes gonna get it or not. Is it on a trailer or is it just sitting there on the ground?
Tim

H2OT PURSUIT
11-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Tim,
Check your PM.