PDA

View Full Version : Wifes New Car What do you think??

TCHB
11-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Take a look at my wifes new car. She got rid of the mini van and now a hot rod Honda that beats Porches. Yes she bought the car without me around. I was on a buisness trip! EXR Accord

lilrick
11-04-2003, 08:10 PM
is it the wrecked car in the drive ? If so hope you got a "good deal"!

Ken F
11-04-2003, 08:22 PM
What do you mean "Beats Porsches"?

TCHB
11-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Ok boxers!

TCHB
11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
That is a picture of my wifes car on the right and a neighbors new Boxter smashed. It was on the road two weeks.

JetBoatRich
11-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Tough to see the wife's car, but the Porshe has seen better days:mad:

HCS
11-04-2003, 09:12 PM
The last friend I had that bought a Porshe slid off the road and died.:(
Why can't people keep them on tha road?:confused: :eek:

integra
11-05-2003, 06:01 AM
beacause Porsche Boxster is a MR (Medium engine Rear traction) and it's a little bit more difficult than other cars...;)
USA cars too, are easier to drive, but less "racing" than european ad japanese, for us!:)

rrrr
11-05-2003, 10:02 AM
My wife has a new Accord V-6 Coupe too. It's a rocket!

carbonmarine
11-05-2003, 10:13 AM
** I think your neieghbor should repaint his house.
Perhaps put some mexican style flower pots next to those two upstairs windows; kinda match the roof ...... OH Those colors, the primary colors of the house cannot match teh roof ! - mix it up a bit !
laughs,
Rick32 :cool:

superdave013
11-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Perhaps put some mexican style flower pots next to those two upstairs windows; kinda match the roof ...... OH Those colors, the primary colors of the house cannot match teh roof ! - mix it up a bit !
laughs,
lol, Dude, how do you know so much about that shit? Are you on TV helping straight guys with their style? :D :D

spectratoad
11-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
laughs,
Home Improvement eyes for the boat guys.:D

Scape Goat
11-05-2003, 11:13 AM
The reason people wreck porsche is because they think sport car, go fast handle any high speed.
the boxter is a mid engine the center of gravity is almost perfect for any person with no experience.
the 911/carrera is rear engine mostly after the wheels this causes the front to be light stearing or very high over steer
which in turns etc. causes the front to lift and swing, racer like it because of that affect. on the street, could be dangerous if not used to it.
in my opinion to wreck a boxter means you can't drive
to wreck a 911/carrera means you cant drive a true sports car.
nice accord it will be very reliable with almost no maint.
sorry for the winded post

MagicMtnDan
11-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TCHB
Take a look at my wifes new car. She got rid of the mini van and now a hot rod Honda that beats Porches. Yes she bought the car without me around. I was on a buisness trip! EXR Accord
According to Honda's Web site -2004 Honda Accord Trim Levels (http://www.hondacars.com/models/trim_level_desc.asp?ModelName=Accord+Sedan&bhcp=1&BrowserDetected=True), there's no such thing as an "EXR."
Furthermore, it won't "beat Porsches" in anything but except maybe straight line acceleration and that's if it's going up against a Boxster (probably can't beat a Boxster S).
Honda is one of the absolute best manufacturers of cars in the world (I think Honda and Toyota are the two best in terms of quality and reliability). But most of their cars are front wheel drive and appeal to the straight-line, rice rocket street racer types - for the most part, Hondas are not designed to do well in the twisties. Except for the S2000 (revised for this year with slightly more power/torque) and the NSX (watch for the new one coming in 2-3 years - gonna be amazing), Hondas are girls cars :D Your wife did good but don't try and "beat Porsches" with it.
PS: The Boxsters are mid-engined cars and offer a balance of speed, handling and braking that very few cars can compete with. The 911s (996s) are rear-engined and handle completely differently (once a mid-engine car loses it's grip it wants to keep spinning - once the rear engine car loses it's grip it wants to go tail-first).

rrrr
11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
I think he meant "EXL", which although is not officially listed that way is a common reference to the EX trim with leather.
The 3.0L V-6 is throwing down 240 HP, pretty good stuff in a small package. Traction Control is standard, the car has a lot of other nice features like dual zone climate control, side air bags, In dash 6 disc changer and so on.
It's a lot of car for the money. I think my wife paid around $25K for hers.

RiverRatMike
11-05-2003, 12:18 PM
my g/f has a Honda DX. Great reliable car but has no power! I like the 450HP in my 1968 el camino much better.

FingerTight
11-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Only an idiot with too much money and not enough brains/skill crashes a Porsche.
It has nothing to do with layout of the car, it's weight ballance, engine placement, or anything else.
Some dips*#t bought a car they didn't understand and drove it outside their abilities.
stupid waste of machinery...:rolleyes:
PS - nice Honda, great car, smooth engine, lots -o- guts for what it is. Stick or auto?

ROZ
11-05-2003, 03:41 PM
She didn't like the C-Class? ;) :D

Wet Dream
11-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Somebody sucks at taking pics. The idea is to get the subject to be the main focus. :D

XTRM22
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Would you guys quit encouraging Tony, next thing you know he'll post that picture of him and his scooter in the kitchen. :-)
Chuck

TCHB
11-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Hello Chuck got to do something waiting for snow ski season to start. It appears Havasu boating weather is over and the ocean is cooling down.

dmontzsta
11-05-2003, 08:23 PM
my prey :)

Hallett19
11-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
The last friend I had that bought a Porshe slid off the road and died.:(
Why can't people keep them on tha road?:confused: :eek:
3 words..... lift throttle oversteer :( As you go around a turn, the rear gains momentum as you accelerate and go through the turn. With all that weight in the back, if you let off the gas, the rear wants to come around, this only happens in the 996 chassis, 911 model. The Weissach rear suspension that was offered in 96 took alot of the lift throttle oversteer out of the handling characteristics.

playdeep
11-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Having owned a Porsche or two...
Hallet19's explanation of why people get in trouble in a Porsche is dead on.
The natural tendency is to lift as the ass-end starts to come around(and it will)as soon as you lift it's all over...
Having owned a 930Turbo as well as an old 911s,the oversteer characteristics have always been a part of 911 platform,regardless of motor.
Once you learn the tendencies of one,they are blast to drive:D

Freak
11-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Exactly what I learned in a parking lot when I owned one. When in doubt gas it, never lift or its all over. Kinda like a 4/w drive car. Lift before the turn and apply power though. Once you get the hang of it man o man is it fun and you will spook your friends riding with ya. :cool:
Also isnt the Acura NSX really just a fast Honda that turns quite well?

XTRM22
11-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by TCHB
Hello Chuck got to do something waiting for snow ski season to start. It appears Havasu boating weather is over and the ocean is cooling down.
Cmon Tony, that's what the jeep is for! unhook it from the Howard and we'll go 4wheelin, we'll take your jeep but I'll drive;) .
Don't have the engine back in mine yet. Always remember if you ain't been stuck, you ain't been 4wheelin! And a little Arizona pinstriping never hurt anybody!
Chuck