PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Help

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 01:40 PM
I have a Cannon G3 5 pixel camera. Everytime I take pics and try to send them people tell me the file is too big. WTF!? For instance I sent a video clip and it took up 5 megs for a 19 second video....I am getting tired of this crap. Anybody know if there is a setting that needs changed or something like that?
I know, I know....I feel stupid!

Hustler
11-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Tom, Check your manual, there should be a smaller picture setting, also if you had photo shop you could resize them very easily.

Restless22
11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
There is a setting in whatever program you use to upload your photos in, that will automatically resize them for every email you send out. I called my manufacturer and they helped me set it up. I forget the name of it, but its something like
640 x 580 vg????
Hope that helps!!!

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Tom, Check your manual, there should be a smaller picture setting, also if you had photo shop you could resize them very easily.
If I can find the manual :mad: I will try it out. Do you think I just have the settings too large Joe?

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Restless22
There is a setting in whatever program you use to upload your photos in, that will automatically resize them for every email you send out. I called my manufacturer and they helped me set it up. I forget the name of it, but its something like
640 x 580 vg????
Hope that helps!!!
You talking about calling Cannon direct or the software developer?

Restless22
11-05-2003, 01:58 PM
What software are you using? Finepix viewer?
If so, as soon as I get home I will check it and let you know.
Im home in and hour.

Party Cat
11-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
If I can find the manual :mad: I will try it out. Do you think I just have the settings too large Joe?
When ya find the Manual...Have Nodigg read it to ya :D :D ....after he gets ya a beer....

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Party Cat
When ya find the Manual...Have Nodigg read it to ya :D :D ....after he gets ya a beer....
He does have better eyes than me and he does get me my beers so that will work.....lol
I may have found the solution. I am going to try a few things tonight and I hope they work.........

Havasu Hangin'
11-05-2003, 02:10 PM
To keep the file size down on videos, keep the Video data rate below 500 and the audio data rate below 75. Also, keep the screen size 320 or below.
Like pictures, the higher the quality, the bigger the file.

SCUBA STEVE
11-05-2003, 02:17 PM
At least you can send video clips, I havent figured out how to do that yet. :confused: :D

Cheap Thrills
11-05-2003, 02:18 PM
heres another option.
after downloading the images onto your computer, from the camera,
open it with MS Paint or your photo editing software and save it as a .JPG
most images from high res. cameras are downloaded onto your computer in .bmp format wich is conciderably larger than a .jpg
here are the clicks if working with MS Paint . (right click the file and select edit if working with XP ) or right click the image file and select "open with" then select paint ) once the image is open in paint , go to the top left and select "file" scroll down to "save as" when the window pops up go to the bottom to where it says "Save as type " and click the arrow wich opens up a few selections . Choose .Jpg and then click "Save".
dont forget where you saved it to . I always save them to my desktop and move them to wherever they are suppose to go when I'm finished .
VIOLA!
Hope that helps
C.T.:wink:

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
At least you can send video clips, I havent figured out how to do that yet. :confused: :D
I just attach them just like a pic and send it to someone who knows how to post em :)

Hustler
11-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
heres another option.
most images from high res. cameras are downloaded onto your computer in .bmp format wich is conciderably larger than a .jpg
here are the clicks if working with MS Paint . (right click the file and select edit if working with XP ) or right click the image file and select "open with" then select paint ) once the image is open in paint , go to the top left and select "file" scroll down to "save as" when the window pops up go to the bottom to where it says "Save as type " and click the arrow wich opens up a few selections . Choose .Jpg and then click "Save".
dont forget where you saved it to . I always save them to my desktop and move them to wherever they are suppose to go when I'm finished .
VIOLA!
Hope that helps
Easy there, You lost Tom after "heres another option" :p :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-05-2003, 02:32 PM
I just attach them just like a pic and send it to someone who knows how to post em :)
I tried that but now luck... If you could do it then I better be able to do it. I am on a mission now! lol ;) :D
I tried to see the video of the southwind... counldnt see it or hear it here at work. :o

SCUBA STEVE
11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
thats cold.... but I am lmfao. :cool: :D

Cheap Thrills
11-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Catch that PM Scuba Steve
OOPS ! right idea wrong Boat sorry :rolleyes:

Restless22
11-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Scuba you probably couldnt see it or hear it at work because you dont have the software installed at work.
Try it from home.
What software are you using to upload your pics from your cameras? Mine never seemed this hard??????:confused:

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
I feel like someone is in front of me saying "CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS TAHT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?"
lol

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
heres another option.
VIOLA!
Hope that helps
Thanks CT...I will try that out also later....

SCUBA STEVE
11-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Restless22
Scuba you probably couldnt see it or hear it at work because you dont have the software installed at work.
Try it from home.
What software are you using to upload your pics from your cameras? Mine never seemed this hard??????:confused:
I figured that one out. Software... f- I dont know. I am just happy I can turn on the computer. I will be on a mission though! Sooner or later you guys will see some video clips. :D

BoatPI
11-05-2003, 04:14 PM
Assuming you have the photos loaded into a folder on you hard drive follow these steps.
1.Set up your e mail brouser ready to accept the attachments.
2.One by one open the individual photos, select resizing, or sizing from the image or other setting on the top of the tool bar in you photo software.
3.Select 680 x 480, resize, save this to a file with another name than the current photo file name. You can delect this later.
4.Attach the newly renamed photo.
5.Send the e mail.

Threeve
11-05-2003, 04:16 PM
I have a Cannon G3 5 pixel camera. Everytime I take pics and try to send them people tell me the file is too big. WTF!? For instance I sent a video clip and it took up 5 megs for a 19 second video....I am getting tired of this crap. Anybody know if there is a setting that needs changed or something like that?
I know, I know....I feel stupid!
man, thats a asweet camara....I seen that one at Good Guys and it was like $749.

hd&boatrider
11-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Threeve
man, thats a asweet camara....I seen that one at Good Guys and it was like $749.
I don't remember the cost but it is a good camera. It could use a better zoom though.